AP Snackshop 113 issue

bcron

I have an AP Snackshop 113 which seems to be forgetting it has a bottom tray. Sometimes I get a call that the bottom tray isn't working. After having a service company come out the first time, we found that the pricing was lost for that tray. A quick re-pricing of that tray fixes the issue. The problem is that the issue keeps arising. Does anybody have any ideas of what can be causing it to "forget" the pricing on this tray causing it to not work? My first thought is an occasional power surge?

I'm not the best person to give advice here but I would be suspecting either the board. I mean, if the bottom tray were simply not recognized at all until you messed with it a little and everything worked fine, I would assume the board was fine. To have a single tray lose its pricing makes me want to look at the board though. The odd thing is that it is only the bottom tray. Don't take my advice though, I am just responding cause I don't like it when I need answers now and no one helps :-).

One other possibility is maybe there's a small capacitor or battery of some type on the board or inside the machine somewhere that is not functioning and IF the place loses power, the board loses its pricing... but if that were totally true it should lose the pricing on EVERYTHING.... very odd situation here... I would see suspect the board though.

Only other thought is that the machine doesn't sense the bottom tray and decides it no longer needs to store pricing, which could be a tray connection issue, but I don't think the AP 113 is designed to do that....

I hope it helps somewhat... but wait for someone a little more inclined to answer.

I really don't know much about the problem, but do have an AP112 which I believe to be basically the same machine (4 wide rather than 5).

I know in my machine it checks the rows each time the door is closed - since I don't have a row 'H' it always displays a 'No Row H' message.

One thing I'd check is to do a test vend for each item on the shelf after servicing/filling the machine, in case the shelf is not being correctly recognized (ie the shelf plug is not engaging properly when reinserted in the machine).

It could be a dirty pin on this connector that fails intermittently, but that's a real hit and miss affair to diagnose. Intermittent faults are the pis when it comes to diagnosis as it will work just about every time you look at it and only fail when it's most inconvenient.

Good luck with it.

First thing I would suggest is to swap the bottom tray with one of the top ones and run it to see if the issue follows the tray or not. Take the top tray and put it in the bottom slot and vise a verse. Don't forget to swap the labels and you may need to swap some spirals too. Report back what you find.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived