PO89 50c mechs don't fit.

dperry

I've got a few 50c mechs from a&a. Once and awhile I can get one to fit, but they won't fit in most PO89 style machines like vistas or eagles. They even have a hard time fitting in a&a brand machines. I've even tried grinding the tabs around the openings but that still doesn't make it fit. I think I'm gonna try oak mechs from now on.

I've got a few 50c mechs from a&a. Once and awhile I can get one to fit, but they won't fit in most PO89 style machines like vistas or eagles. They even have a hard time fitting in a&a brand machines. I've even tried grinding the tabs around the openings but that still doesn't make it fit. I think I'm gonna try oak mechs from now on.

here you go...

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/6690-aa-po89-vs-oak-vista-body-mechanism-upgrades/page__p__70604__hl__%2Bpo89+%2Bmechs__fromsearch__1#entry70604

I am sure I will have this problem when I upgrade my Eagles in the near future. Nothing a file and grinder can't fix.

I put a grinder wheel on my drill, and it took a lot of work to grind down just the tabs at the opening of the slot. I really don't want to have to do that for a whole bunch of units. I wonder if the 50c oak mechs will fit in all makes.

I put a grinder wheel on my drill, and it took a lot of work to grind down just the tabs at the opening of the slot. I really don't want to have to do that for a whole bunch of units. I wonder if the 50c oak mechs will fit in all makes.

It is a lot of work but if you use a dremel with the wafer thin cutting disc it takes about 10 minutes to do! you dont have to cut all the way through, if you cut about half way you can snap it off with pliers.

the 50 cent oak mechs will fit all models, in the a&a ones they fit loose though.

In this case, I think my time will be better spent to swap out some spare oak machines/bodies for a&a ones off of my locations. Then put the mechs in those a&a bodies. Then take those and swap out the bodies on the machines at the locations where I want the 50c mechs. The sad thing is that I've also found that the hoppers don't fit well on the bodies when you mix them up.

In this case, I think my time will be better spent to swap out some spare oak machines/bodies for a&a ones off of my locations. Then put the mechs in those a&a bodies. Then take those and swap out the bodies on the machines at the locations where I want the 50c mechs. The sad thing is that I've also found that the hoppers don't fit well on the bodies when you mix them up.

I did the same thing at first but now I am down to having to cut them. I know what you mean about the hoppers not fitting on the bodies, but I have found this to only be true with the new a&a not fitting with older oaks, eagles and even the older a&a bodies. I also found that if you have the panel heads you can push harder to make them fit, whereas the 300 or 450 globes you cannot push hard without breaking the globe.

I did the same thing at first but now I am down to having to cut them. I know what you mean about the hoppers not fitting on the bodies, but I have found this to only be true with the new a&a not fitting with older oaks, eagles and even the older a&a bodies. I also found that if you have the panel heads you can push harder to make them fit, whereas the 300 or 450 globes you cannot push hard without breaking the globe.

Yeah, I ran into this servicing a while back. I ended up pulling the machine and took another out of the vehicle and replaced it. But also upgraded to .50. But the body is still in the garage. 4 different hoppers and none will fit it.

Archived