New guy...

donut

Hello to all, my name is Jeff. I'm actually a police officer in the foothills in California near Sacramento.

A few months ago, I came up with the idea of acquiring a soda machine for the Police Officer's Association (since I had also been thinking of the idea for myself for a bit of extra money) so we could raise money (rather than increase our union dues) to help with our activities (sponsorship of little league teams, etc.). I started checking out craigslist, and came across a single-price DN-440. I put in a call to the seller, and waited....

Meanwhile, the association decided that it would be better to get a multi price machine... Problem I found was that they are expensive...

So anyhow, the person with the DN-440 called me back on Halloween afternoon. Said they were moving from their office and needed to be out that evening and if I wanted the machine, I could take it... free! Since no one from the association wanted the single-price machine,. I decided to get it for myself. So after trick-or-treating with the kids, I drove an hour and picked the machine up...

Found out everything appears to work fine (with the exception of the bill acceptor... which I don't know much about and am gonna have to figure out how to fix and/or replace). I already talked with a business and have a place to put the thing at....

So I decided to keep looking for the association multi-price machine... and w2ould't you know it, found another machine (a DN-348) pretty cheap ($80)... works except for the coin mech is missing... (looking on ebay for a replacement). Not sure where this one is going, but I'm hopeful...

So I hope to have both machines in place within a month or so....

Also wanted to thank all who have posted on this site... have already found a lot of useful info

Glad to see you jumping right in. You can also get parts at places like:

Vendors Exchange: My link

Betson Enterprise: My link

These are only 2 of a number of good companies to be found as a source for parts, you will likely pay more than what you find on e-bay or CL but you get the benefit of knowing these guys will stand behind what they sell.

Archived