Honor Box Model

Jax Snacks

After reading all the recent postings and articles on Honor Boxes, I see two fundamental models (and correct me if I am wrong). The first being the penny candy/gum/mint 25 cent model and the other being the chip/cracker/cookie 75 cent/dollar model. I know there are pros and cons to any model. But from what I have read, it seems like most box vendors on here prefer the chip/cracker 75 cent/dollar model.

Does the model have to do more with demographics and the type of location? I would assume you would do the penny candy on retail counters or kid friendly places and chip/crackers in breakrooms or adult locations. Just trying to get some opinions on this.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading all the recent postings and articles on Honor Boxes, I see two fundamental models (and correct me if I am wrong). The first being the penny candy/gum/mint 25 cent model and the other being the chip/cracker/cookie 75 cent/dollar model. I know there are pros and cons to any model. But from what I have read, it seems like most box vendors on here prefer the chip/cracker 75 cent/dollar model.

Does the model have to do more with demographics and the type of location? I would assume you would do the penny candy on retail counters or kid friendly places and chip/crackers in breakrooms or adult locations. Just trying to get some opinions on this.

Talk to Dogcow....he is the expert on this subject.

simple difference is this... just like a gumball machine vs a snack machine

your gross will be higher with the snacks but your margins will be lower.

putting a box on the counter increase risk of theft , but with penny candy the theft doesnt really hurt ur bottom line as much, plus with a charity sticker it may not even

be that significant (u cant get a charity sticker for a snack box)

IMO if you are doing an honor box route, and you are comfortable with the idea of charity vending, do both boxes, heres why...in my route i may have a few in a strip mall , say a UPS store, nail spa and cato clothing store. now say theres also a few resturants and a laundromat there. Well the laundromat and resturants wont want a snack box for obvious reasons and i would not even bother pitching them but they might take a charity penny candy box for the same reason they'd take a charity gumball machine. so doing both lets you increase revenue without increased cost-to-service. hope this makes sense

dogcow,

Where would you buy lollipop honor boxes from and would you trust the locations they provide through lollipop express company to be any good? $45 per located and filled with product too high? How much on average would you expect theft rate to be with honor box?

Thanks

dogcow,

Where would you buy lollipop honor boxes from and would you trust the locations they provide through lollipop express company to be any good? $45 per located and filled with product too high? How much on average would you expect theft rate to be with honor box?

Thanks

you can get lollipop honor boxes through sheridan systems. I would not buy them through the

honor systems of america bizop anyone who locates gumball machines can locate

honor boxes. I can recommend someone but they are easy to do yourself. $45 is not way

out of line though if you are using an in-person locator they are going to want $30 or so

probably, my guess is honor systems uses a phone locator to keep their margins high. they

do not seem to have a great reputation though.

I dont know the theft rate with those type of boxes. I talked to an operator who did counter

boxes with fun size candy and her theft was about same as mine,under 20% however she did not

use a charity sticker or anything like that.

you can get lollipop honor boxes through sheridan systems. I would not buy them through the

honor systems of america bizop anyone who locates gumball machines can locate

honor boxes. I can recommend someone but they are easy to do yourself. $45 is not way

out of line though if you are using an in-person locator they are going to want $30 or so

probably, my guess is honor systems uses a phone locator to keep their margins high. they

do not seem to have a great reputation though.

I dont know the theft rate with those type of boxes. I talked to an operator who did counter

boxes with fun size candy and her theft was about same as mine,under 20% however she did not

use a charity sticker or anything like that.

Thanks, I also have an opportunity to buy 300 slightly used ones from a vendor that is selling them off who operates like 800 currently. He wants $4 each for them and they hold the 63 same as the bizop model. I don't really need 300, but was hoping to find someone that wanted in on the deal that would buy some from me as well. Seems like the cheapest way to start if I locate them myself. I figured $6 to fill each box based on Sams club pricing and that puts me at $10 a box unlocated. The question is whether it is worth it to pay someonoe to get them all out in short order vs. me sitting on them for a few months or more since I work full time and won't be able to get them all out right away.

Also, wondering if anyone would recommend putting them in some of the locations that I have charity gumball machines and know the people already?

Thanks

Thanks, I also have an opportunity to buy 300 slightly used ones from a vendor that is selling them off who operates like 800 currently. He wants $4 each for them and they hold the 63 same as the bizop model. I don't really need 300, but was hoping to find someone that wanted in on the deal that would buy some from me as well. Seems like the cheapest way to start if I locate them myself. I figured $6 to fill each box based on Sams club pricing and that puts me at $10 a box unlocated. The question is whether it is worth it to pay someonoe to get them all out in short order vs. me sitting on them for a few months or more since I work full time and won't be able to get them all out right away.

Also, wondering if anyone would recommend putting them in some of the locations that I have charity gumball machines and know the people already?

Thanks

4.00 each is more than new ones from Sheridan.

dogcow,

Thanks

Do not deal with these people. They will take your money. I learned the hard way.

4.00 each is more than new ones from Sheridan.

Yep, honor boxes are that expensive to begin with so I would start with new and not used. Besides the fact youn can order as much as you need wen you need it. I would do the switch out box method for working the accounts. Takes double the boxes but you can do it a lot faster and get more accounts done in a day.

How much do you how to average with each location on a monthly basis? I can't imagine chalk of them go empty each month. I know my average for candy vending is about $15 each month, cyrus if lollipop honor box is similar, better, or worse on average.

Archived