Kickstart vs Locators R Us

mainor5251

Just because of me, no. The issue is what restaurant in a area of good traffic has a policy of closing by 5 pm every day ?

Well it's never good to call ahead of time. They might get confused by hearing 2 voices. At the most, the locator should call to confirm. That is only if you are not sure about a particular spot. Maybe they had to close early though. They wouldn't close just cuz of you wuld they?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue is what restaurant in a area of good traffic has a policy of closing by 5 pm every day. I have locations that were placed just because they said yes and it cost me money, Id be naive to pay LRU for a place that my gut and experience says pass on.

only so many locations out there might not want to be so quick to dismiss one. I have had to go to a single location 3 times to get a machine placed, working on one right now that a locator got that I have been there twice so far and going back wednesday or thursday to see if I can finally secure location, its a chain grocery store that currently doesn't have any machines.

You hit the nail right on the head, I may be 15 months in vending but im 8 years in business. You sir are a true business man, I must say you have done your due diligence in this business.

I agree to a certain extent.

If you have to make multiple trips because the decision maker is not available when you deliver and they failed to tell their employees you were coming....that's ok.

If you have to make multiple trips because you didn't know the business hours and it's closed when you deliver....that's ok.

If you have to make multiple trips because the machine you delivered is not the right size or selling the right product for the location....that's ok.

But, if you told the location you were on your way and they are still closed when you show up....not ok.

If you show up during their posted business hours and the place is closed....not ok.

I have placed machines in businesses (more than I care to admit) that do not abide by their posted business hours.

They all got pulled without making any money.

You will find that every couple of times you show up to service the place will be closed.

So you will have multiple trips to deliver AND to service at those types of businesses.

And those businesses usually don't have many customers.

Think about it.

If you can't predict their hours in order to service, why would a customer attempt to predict their hours to give them some business?

Answer: They won't.

Got two locations last night, had to refuse one, its in the food court at the locl mall, problem is the food court is set up like a high school cafeteria and there is no way to leave the machine unless the business is willing to bring it in and out every day, mind you there is no door in front of these business they have to go out the back and all the way around, or jump the service counter. 2nd location was a nice bar b q place in a great traffic area of the city, great job on that one, it was placed no problem. Rocky start but if they keep it up they will have steady business from us.

Got two locations last night, had to refuse one, its in the food court at the locl mall, problem is the food court is set up like a high school cafeteria and there is no way to leave the machine unless the business is willing to bring it in and out every day, mind you there is no door in front of these business they have to go out the back and all the way around, or jump the service counter. 2nd location was a nice bar b q place in a great traffic area of the city, great job on that one, it was placed no problem. Rocky start but if they keep it up they will have steady business from us.

You should check out the mall one. I doubt the mall would let you put it in the food court. They will let you put it in the restaurants in malls and those will do very well. You might be mistaking. They wouldn't agree to it in the first place.

You guys are getting some good locations for racks I may need to use a locator and just upgrade them all

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

seem like the lag is getting greater and greater, hope they can keep up and keep offering quality locs

seem like the lag is getting greater and greater, hope they can keep up and keep offering quality locs

I've got orders out with both of these locators and neither one can get me any locations it seems. Only difference is one took my money first and the other didn't.

I went to the mall, made the choice to say no, only after checking it out.

You should check out the mall one. I doubt the mall would let you put it in the food court. They will let you put it in the restaurants in malls and those will do very well. You might be mistaking. They wouldn't agree to it in the first place.

THAT is a VERY BIG difference!!!

Yes it is. I figured I would try Kickstart at the same time to see if one of them could get me locations. I have 6 machines I need to get out on locations now, neither one of them are getting me any. Is anyone else receiving locations from either of these locators? Its very frustrating.

I got one from LRU, you may want to throw the machine in the car and try and locate on the way to work, on lunch and after work, you'll be surprised at how many places you want to stop at and you'll be happy with the free locations you get.

Yes it is. I figured I would try Kickstart at the same time to see if one of them could get me locations. I have 6 machines I need to get out on locations now, neither one of them are getting me any. Is anyone else receiving locations from either of these locators? Its very frustrating.

Hello All,

I'd like to keep everyone updated. WE are taking care of your orders. Everyday we make out calls. Everyday we send locations to some vendors. We try to close all old orders as much as possible before new year. However, we also rely on our call backs which is scheduled after the holidays. Please bear with us. We assure you that after the holidays waiting time won't be that long anymore.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello All,

I'd like to keep everyone updated. WE are taking care of your orders. Everyday we make out calls. Everyday we send locations to some vendors. We try to close all old orders as much as possible before new year. However, we also rely on our call backs which is scheduled after the holidays. Please bear with us. We assure you that after the holidays waiting time won't be that long anymore.

Thank you!

cool cause when janurary rolls around I'm ready to do some expanding, 100 mile radius of panama city, we'll take it town by town

BTW got a replacement loc from locs r us today, its a bar gonna go place tomorrow afternoon

Not only did I score 5 new machines at a good price today but i got two new locations and on referral just by doing this very important thing....listen..... I opened my mouth and and spoke, simple i know, but it works. Locators work great when they work . You should supplement your resources not depend on them crap out what you eat. (only applies to those who are offended) Just kidding in all seriousness take care of your business how ever big or small and your business will in return take care of you.

cool cause when janurary rolls around I'm ready to do some expanding, 100 mile radius of panama city, we'll take it town by town

BTW got a replacement loc from locs r us today, its a bar gonna go place tomorrow afternoon

Did you guys read post #66 above?

She mentioned that they are making calls every day.

They send customers locations everyday.

They try to work on older orders first but call-back for those orders will not happen until after the holidays.

And she assured their customers to sit tight until after the holidays when she promised waiting times would not be so long anymore.

I don't think she can spell it out any better than that.

Hello All,

As mentioned in the earlier comments, we didn't work yesterday (December 19). So no vendors get any locations yesterday. Last Friday alone, we sent 5 locations for CA vendor, 2 for TEXAS vendor, 1 for KS vendor. We are trying to finish all old orders so that we can continue with the new ones, however, you know that there are some areas that are hard to get and managers can't decide for now. But we aren't stopping. We will still make calls on the dates I mentioned that we will. PLEASE extend your patience with us. As you all know, WE are not after your money. That's why we are not sending invoice not unless you placed 3 or we are done with your orders. We are here to help you expand your business, not to take your money. WE want a long business relationship with you guys. Please bear with us.

Thank you,

Gale

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bad Kickstart experience today. I've had an order with them pending for 3 locations for about 3 weeks now. I finally got a email last night from them stating this about a Chinese Resturant they found:

"I talked to Ming and he allowed us to place a candy machine in the business. He said it is okay as long as they have space to put it in. I told him you will deliver the machine tomorrow after 11am. Any candy will do. Please bring the charity paper work as well."

I get excited as this sounds like a good prospect and also to finally get one from them.So I pack up my triple play and head out today to this location. Well, when I walk in Ming lets me know that they've been calling him like 10 times and he kept telling them he already has one and doesn't want anymore. I tried to work him over about placing it up front, but he kept shaking his head no. So I pack back up my triple play and bring it back home. In Kickstarts defense this is the first time I've been turned away from a location they've secured for me. I tried a little door to door locating my self for about an hour since I had the machine with me, but had no takers. Also saw alot of machines in almost every store and resturant I went into.

Had a bad Kickstart experience today. I've had an order with them pending for 3 locations for about 3 weeks now. I finally got a email last night from them stating this about a Chinese Resturant they found:

"I talked to Ming and he allowed us to place a candy machine in the business. He said it is okay as long as they have space to put it in. I told him you will deliver the machine tomorrow after 11am. Any candy will do. Please bring the charity paper work as well."

I get excited as this sounds like a good prospect and also to finally get one from them.So I pack up my triple play and head out today to this location. Well, when I walk in Ming lets me know that they've been calling him like 10 times and he kept telling them he already has one and doesn't want anymore. I tried to work him over about placing it up front, but he kept shaking his head no. So I pack back up my triple play and bring it back home. In Kickstarts defense this is the first time I've been turned away from a location they've secured for me. I tried a little door to door locating my self for about an hour since I had the machine with me, but had no takers. Also saw alot of machines in almost every store and resturant I went into.

Update: Kickstart has delivered 3 locations this evening which already includes a new one for this bad location. I'll update how placement goes. Still nothing from LRU.

Update: Kickstart has delivered 3 locations this evening which already includes a new one for this bad location. I'll update how placement goes. Still nothing from LRU.

This is why I will always call to verify placement before going out to the locations:

Location 1: I call, the manager says there is knowbody there by the name I was given and that no way they don't want a vending machine.

Location 2: Very nice manager, says sure no problem to my bringing the machine out Monday morning just ask for here when I get there.

Location 3: The owner answers and when I ask for Moe the manager he asks in this Philly type of accent "Who's this!" I introduce myself as the vendor that will be bringing out the charity vending machine. He tells me that that is why Moe has been fired as of yesterday, because of approving things like that. They aren't allowed machines in there store due to the building owner owning a C store in the front. He then hangs up on me.

That is 2 more locations I would have driven all they way out to that I would have been turned right around, in addition to the one from yesterday.

This is why I will always call to verify placement before going out to the locations:

Location 1: I call, the manager says there is knowbody there by the name I was given and that no way they don't want a vending machine.

Location 2: Very nice manager, says sure no problem to my bringing the machine out Monday morning just ask for here when I get there.

Location 3: The owner answers and when I ask for Moe the manager he asks in this Philly type of accent "Who's this!" I introduce myself as the vendor that will be bringing out the charity vending machine. He tells me that that is why Moe has been fired as of yesterday, because of approving things like that. They aren't allowed machines in there store due to the building owner owning a C store in the front. He then hangs up on me.

That is 2 more locations I would have driven all they way out to that I would have been turned right around, in addition to the one from yesterday.

I never call before delivering when using a charity locator.

Generally, I don't think it's a good idea.

But, in your case, it was good that you did.

I ran into these types of situations all the time.

Instead of calling before delivering, I just quit using Kickstart.

Wasted trips are bound to happen with any phone-locator for charity machines.

But, I have experienced a lot less of these since I stopped ordering through Kickstart.

i haven't had great results with kickstart lately. it has taken them 6 weeks to work on 4 of my machines and they have got rejected 4 or 5 times. They have never really got me any sincere places that said yes. They are all leads. It has been a little disheartening.

Archived