Professional Locator Turnaround Times

caserri

Hired Locator Turnaround Time (Longest)  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Hired Locator Turnaround Time (Longest)

• within 1 week
    • between 1 and 2 weeks
    • between 2 and 3 weeks
    • between 3 and 4 weeks
    • between 1 and 2 months
    • Longer than 2 months
    • Never found one (Refund)

I have been getting tons of email and PM's regarding turnaround time for locators. There seems to be a widespread notion that a given locator should be able to provide locations in a matter of days and I'm not quite sure where this originated. While it is possible for a locator to have locations for you in a day or two, it is not the norm. I have worked with many locating companies and have received my locations as quick as next day, to waiting as long as 2 months. As with self locating, perseverance and patience is a must. There is no golden, fast track ticket in locating.

Hiring a locator is not a guarantee of a location. Yes, your money should be guaranteed with a refund policy if you pay in advance but locating companies still have to convince location owners to say yes. That is something they can not guarantee or put on a time schedule. The success of any locating company depends solely on the whims of others.

Since I have received so many questions and complaints about this topic, I thought I would throw up this little poll so everyone can see what to expect in terms of the turnaround time on locators. Hopefully it will keep new vendors from becoming discouraged too quickly if they do not receive a location in a weeks time. Please do not list specific locating companies here.

Here is how I would like this to work...If you have hired a locator, whoever it may have been, and they have provided you with a location, please vote on the appropriate time frame in the poll.

I would like for you to cast 1 vote on this poll, Please vote for the longest turnaround you've experienced. You can adjust your vote at any time in the future should you need to.

Obviously, my vote is up. As I said earlier, I've had locations next day and some that take months. In fact, I actually work with more than 1 locator at a time. All attempting to place the same machines. They all have varying levels of success and I don't expect a placement from all of them. I would be happy if that were to happen but it just doesn't work like that. This is for telemarketing locators only. In person locators are completely different.

• 4 months later...

Thanks that a good question because im now having my first experience with a locator.So far its been 9 days and he havent found anything or really seem to be to concerned.Im sure you all have heard of him and his company before.I want say but you can easily guess who.Any way I think this guy been typing his own hype.He aint the great guy that that all these other venders claim. To answer your question Id like to know but it will take more experience.

ive had  hard time finding locators that actually locate in person, while they seem to all advertise that they do. always not worth it for gas reasons, etc  etc,  is this just a marketing tool to get you in the door. im new at this so any info would be nice or a recomendation for a locator that locates in person in the south jersey area. 

• 1 year later...
To  surfmsm for what it's worth. Have you considered placing a craigslist ad for an in-person locator? Right now many folks are looking for any extra money they can get their hands on; you can pay cash and offer bonuses for locations you feel are ''Hot Spots/Cash Cows". As a bonus to you, if time permits you can tag along and approve each location right then and there. You can even have folks just provide some solid leads to their friends and family and pay a referral fee, like 20 bucks. If you have a partner and don't like face to face interaction, have a drink so you're a little buzzed (not drunk/sloppy) and have your partner drive you around while you attempt to pitch/place your own machines. Not only will you feel better and save hundreds, you will also add new experience to you portfolio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My first four with KS were real quick...this fifth one now is heading towards a month and a half. Am now also working with another locator..will see how that turns out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new at Vending and by recommendation of talking with various people, I went with Kickstart for my locator placement and I must say 1 week turn around ended in a nice location close to my home. I'm using them again, Robert has been very professional and helpful too!

I've always been a firm believer in Do as you say, Say as you, You only as good as Your Word.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought we are going to review locators here.

The only locator I used has been Midwest.  They gave me excellent locations when Lisa owned this business.  She sold out to Marge and she would get me good locations.  Now Jackie is running it and I sent her money a month ago and she will not return my phone calls or respond to any of my emails.  As of now, everyone please stay away from Midwest.  Midwest left me their phone number.  417-987-4207  also a cell #  417 429 8140. 

Jackie cashed my check and have not heard from her. 

If anyone can recommend another good locator please pass 411.

I am looking to place 20 bulk candy machines.

Thanks,

dakine

The only locator I used has been Midwest.  They gave me excellent locations when Lisa owned this business.  She sold out to Marge and she would get me good locations.  Now Jackie is running it and I sent her money a month ago and she will not return my phone calls or respond to any of my emails.  As of now, everyone please stay away from Midwest.  Midwest left me their phone number.  417-987-4207  also a cell #  417 429 8140. 

Thanks,

dakine

If you would have done some reading on this forum before using midwest again you would have realized that midwest has had some very mixed reviews since marge selling.  And there is plenty of easy to find threads on eddie bauer and rob with kickstart who are the only 2 that consistently get locations and are both very helpful.

i used kickstart locations  with very little success  i have used vending placement too,  they are they best locators i ve seen  i have gotton some good locations from barry and his staff

they only take a few days on  getting you locations

• 1 year later...

The only locator I used has been Midwest. They gave me excellent locations when Lisa owned this business. She sold out to Marge and she would get me good locations. Now Jackie is running it and I sent her money a month ago and she will not return my phone calls or respond to any of my emails. As of now, everyone please stay away from Midwest. Midwest left me their phone number. 417-987-4207 also a cell # 417 429 8140.

Thanks,

dakine

DAKINE:

I have used Midwest Locators since April of 2009. At this time Marjorie was on her way out and Jackie was taking over the helm. At first, Jackie went from great to regular. The locations took an average of 3 weeks and were quite good locations. I still have all the locations that she found me. However, over the span of a few years, Jackie began a downturn with her efficiency and effectiveness. She communicated less and less with her customers, like myself, and failed to deliver contracts with written guarantees. This past July 13, 2011 I paid Midwest Locators $350.00 for 10 locations and as of this date, October 18, 2011 she has not delivered any locations. On top of this, her web site is closed, her business telephone is closed, and her PayPal account is closed. She quickly obtained money from me and yet, she doesn't even communicate at all with me. Good business relationships should have a foundation on good communication. This is the very core of her failures; she just does not communicate what-so-ever. All of us in the vending business take our business seriously. This is not a camping trip for any of us. It is also not your local Boys and Girls Club. ALL YOU LOCATORS PLEASE GET THIS RIGHT. AFTERALL, YOU HAVE OUR MONEY.

• 3 months later...

Good tip about having a drink before you go.

To surfmsm for what it's worth. Have you considered placing a craigslist ad for an in-person locator? Right now many folks are looking for any extra money they can get their hands on; you can pay cash and offer bonuses for locations you feel are ''Hot Spots/Cash Cows". As a bonus to you, if time permits you can tag along and approve each location right then and there. You can even have folks just provide some solid leads to their friends and family and pay a referral fee, like 20 bucks. If you have a partner and don't like face to face interaction, have a drink so you're a little buzzed (not drunk/sloppy) and have your partner drive you around while you attempt to pitch/place your own machines. Not only will you feel better and save hundreds, you will also add new experience to you portfolio.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am here to say that I am a locator for Snack and Soda only. And I believe in keeping in touch with my clients daily whether it is a phone call or an email. Im a one man show locator so I tend to only work with one client at a time so you have my time and my attention. I have references that you can contact as well.

Locators R Us.....placed order for two triples. Said they would start locating 4/2. Had both locations on 4/3. Autobody shop and tattoo parlor.

So Im assuming youre happy... Thats great.

• 2 months later...

I have an order from 1/12 this year for 25 with 10 still pending with Eddie. Very inconsistent. 6 months for 15 locations? Kickstart has been extremely slow also. Time to try someone else.

• 4 weeks later...

I used all vending locators 5 locations 60 each 300 bucks 1st week 3 Locations Check cashing place, 2 man Garage It sucks was 6.00 at the 1st pull after 5 weeks 3 Mexican restaurant Bakery best of the three. 2nd week nothing end of the week a got an email from the locator He had a family emergency His wife got sick. I appreciated the heads up and honesty. They then gave the 2 other locations to the First guy he got me two more Sports Bar OK spot so far, small town Breakfast lunch joint not much was just about even with the garage after 3 weeks. It might get a single or a gumball if it hasn't improved when I do pulls next week. Garage will probably get picked up and relocated.

I did keep my search area smaller to start. I only expanded it when they asked if they could. I know the Check cashing place had other locations in Omaha So I called and talked with the District Manager when I had enough machines and he let me place in the 5 metro area stores. I have some calls in to try to locate in some more check cashing places. I hope to hear from them in the next couple of days Yes or no.

If you add the 5 extra check cashing places I got it was worth it to use a locator. I did Call Locators are use and place an order for 2 single gumball machines and 2 double candy machines. As I get my Eagles ready for location at the pizza joint in town. I might give First choice a call next week and see what they can do with the 3-4 vendstars 2 new ones to place 1-2 to relocate All Vending machines wants 30 to relocate So i might call them and let them try one since I am thinking of putting a gumball in place of the Vendstar.

Archived