CONTEST INFO!

caserri

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folks, It appears that I have everyone stumped on yesterdays acorn! Today is the last day of our contest so here is what I am going to do. In about an hour from now I will place the final acorn in the contest AND leave yesterdays acorn active for today! So there are 2 acorns to be had today! I will post a clue to yesterdays acorn at the bottom of this post!

Since this is the last day, I will bring everyone up to speed on the standings so we can all see just how close this is! Here are the totals...

Dutchboy - 12 out of 15!

KPower - 11

Schmedspub - 5

Bubbleblou - 3

Vendy - 3

Vendalo - 2

Zero32700 - 1 

Good luck to both Dutch and KPower as they enter this last day! Remember Dutch, Kpower currently holds the tiebreaker advantage!

Yesterdays clue - "It's just sitting there in the shade!"

Happy hunting!

Steve

Just an update...

KPower 13

Dutch 12

There are no more for KPower to find. Dutch you still have 2 to find. They will be available until 10am EST tomorrow!

Good Luck!

Steve

Well our first giveaway has come to an end and we have a winner! The final score was as follows...

KPower 13 out of 15

Dutch 13 out of 15

Since KPower has the tie breaker advantage he is the WINNER! Congrats to KPower for pulling this one out on the very last day!

I would also like to thank Dutch for the integrity he displayed during the last day by not chasing the tie breaker by post padding. You are a true gentleman Dutch, worthy of everyones respect here on the boards! I have given you a quarter for your sportsmanship.

With all that said, Here are the locations of the two final acorns. Fridays acorn proved to be the toughest in the competition. In order to see it, you had to change the theme of the board to "Shades" This can be done through "My Account - Preferences" Here is a shot...

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/images/day13screen.bmp

This acorn was embedded into the Shades theme only which really made it difficult to spot.

Yesterdays acorn was placed in the boards calendar on the date of December 25, 2007, an early Christmas present!

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/images/day14screen.bmp

Well thats it folks! I hope you enjoyed our first giveaway! Make sure you check back often for our next one!

Once again, congrats to our winner, KPower! Kevin, PM or email me your contact/shipping info so we can get your new machine out to you.

I would also like to thank Great Lake Locators for their donation of a location to KPower!

Steve

Wow........I must say that you really stumped me on the theme changing in the preferences.......it never occured to me.........and the clue did not mean a thing to me........thanks for the fun hunt.  I do not have a lot of extras enabled on my browser, such as flash, scripts, and updated java......I was afraid that was the reason that I could not find the acorn.

I never intended to pad my post count on the last day.....but an evil thought did run through my mind......I was gonna open up about 30 tabs on my browser and put enough posts to give me the win....and then I was gonna post them all at once in the last few minutes.....like sniping an ebay auction.......I was gonna make each post a one letter word to spell out a sentence......something like here are enough posts to give me the win since I could not find the acorn......etc etc..........I would have done it just for a practical joke.....

Well I appreciate your good sportsmanship Dutch! I hope you had a good time. Here's to better luck on the next go around. I hope you stick around on the board even now that the contest is over! ;) 

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...