Can You Identify This Crane?

Nick505

This looks like machine looks almost like my machine! Even with the "aftermarket" parts (SUNN board and dba). Except I have the hollywood crane model.

The wiring harnesses at the top of mine seem to be aftermarket too, they are very hard corrugated plastic tubing that doesn't allow the claw to move smoothly. The prize sensor seemed to have been replaced with a strobe. Two of the long cylindrical lights broke, only one left working. And the tiny attract light bulbs were removed and put in a separate bag (not sure where to put them back into the machine).

Also, the SUNN board only shows credits. No where on my machine has the 20 second timer. Does your machine have a timer? If so, where is it located??

No timer. I just assumed that it was shown on the sunn board. Do you have a wiring diargram for the sunn board?

hey just an update to this i built a credit accumulator using an arduino board as a test project

if anyone is interested i could probably build one of these with a DBA interface and dip switch

controlled pricing for under 50 bucks. in my test project you have to update the code to change

the price

How did these work out?

Nope, the Sunn board only showed credits, upto 9, but it goes back to 0, but it's still really 10 credits. Didn't try to goto 20. It's funny because I could swear there's space for another digits "88" but it's not utilized or lighted.

Unfortunately no sunn board diagram. The owner didn't have much info on it. I did get the manual for the crane itself.

I looked on google for other hollywood or best choice crane games. I don't see a timer on any of them, however the pictures aren't clear enough to tell on most of them. Some of the timers are near the control panel or joysticks and very hard to see when off.

Now I kind of doubt any hollywood machine has a timer... mine has a instruction on how to play the game taped onto the machine. There's a ___________ blank spot where it says you have blank seconds to operate the crane. After these seconds, if you don't press the button, the crane doesn't even drop. It goes to home. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Here is the new coin mech

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

What if someone puts there coins in and slides the coin mech back,,and while its at the very back of slide/position they dont let it move forward but say a 1/16" and just bump it back and back and back.. wont they be able to run up the credits like that if they keep hitting that prox switch??

you should try your best to rip it off yourself before you put out...people will find a way!! I had a stacker one time and the coin switch would get jammed, when jammed they could hit door and it would cause switch to rock because a coin was lodged against it,, they ran up the credits by hitting that door....I thought someone had a key because i showed up and the counters showed there was money there but there was no coins ,,i only noticed because the owners little kid came out and showed me how to play free!

if they find out they can bump that coin mech in rear position and only insert 2 quarters to make coin mech go all the way back and then start bumping it they will...

ron

What if someone puts there coins in and slides the coin mech back,,and while its at the very back of slide/position they dont let it move forward but say a 1/16" and just bump it back and back and back.. wont they be able to run up the credits like that if they keep hitting that prox switch??

you should try your best to rip it off yourself before you put out...people will find a way!! I had a stacker one time and the coin switch would get jammed, when jammed they could hit door and it would cause switch to rock because a coin was lodged against it,, they ran up the credits by hitting that door....I thought someone had a key because i showed up and the counters showed there was money there but there was no coins ,,i only noticed because the owners little kid came out and showed me how to play free!

if they find out they can bump that coin mech in rear position and only insert 2 quarters to make coin mech go all the way back and then start bumping it they will...

ron

The crane is so old that it doesn't accumulate credits. That is why I had to use a esd mech in order to raise the price. I also made sure that it can not be pressed more than once.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this machine doesn't display a countdown timer. How about adding one upon player movement of the joystick?

I was thinking about how this would work.

My machine uses a joystick with a top button to drop the claw. And then an additional button for playing a credit.

I think it would make the most sense to wire a simple display to the microswitches for the UP or RIGHT movement on the joystick. Once UP or RIGHT is activated, it could activate a countdown timer display that I would have to find separately. And it would have to not re-countdown when player presses up or right, it has to countdown all the way before starting the counter again.

Is this a possibility?

I would love to have that timer display on my machine.

I still need to fix the ropelight. But everything else seems to work so far with the work I invested. Could use music and sound, but I'm not so sure old hollywood cranes have audio?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

I have this same exact machine I also am trying to increase the play to 59 cents any idea how to do it How difficult would it be to upgrade the motherboard! Also would like to add a dollar validater Please help New to all this

Archived