Coinco Quantum Pro

loach33

First question. I'm looking on ebay for a replacement coin mech and I see a bunch of Quantum USQ-G702's

I have a Quantum Pro in the machine right now. Will this G702 work as a replacement as in just remove the old one and plug in this new one?

With my Quantum Pro it is not registering a credit for any coin and when the coin goes in it goes to the far left quarter slot (no matter which coin it is).

I figure that I should have a replacement on hand anyway so I want to buy a used replacement mech and then work on fixing this one.

Ah, Technivend with an exceptionally quick response. No surprise there :-)

I did go on your website and I only saw a couple new mechs offered. Do you have used? The ones on ebay are $75.

I'll be sending my non-working one to you for repair. Thanks!

First question. I'm looking on ebay for a replacement coin mech and I see a bunch of Quantum USQ-G702's

I have a Quantum Pro in the machine right now. Will this G702 work as a replacement as in just remove the old one and plug in this new one?

With my Quantum Pro it is not registering a credit for any coin and when the coin goes in it goes to the far left quarter slot (no matter which coin it is).

I figure that I should have a replacement on hand anyway so I want to buy a used replacement mech and then work on fixing this one.

Call coinco! It sounds like you cleared out the tube assignment programming. This might be a easy fix. I have screwed this up before adding dollar tubes.

JD

It could be a tube programming problem, but I have also seen the separators go bad in the acceptors, then the coins just fall into one tube only. I would get rid of the Coinco and buy a Mars CF-7512 if you really want a reliable 5 tube mech.

It could be a tube programming problem, but I have also seen the separators go bad in the acceptors, then the coins just fall into one tube only. I would get rid of the Coinco and buy a Mars CF-7512 if you really want a reliable 5 tube mech.

Just wondering why you would get rid of Coinco? Do you experience more problems with Coinco than Mars & what makes the Mars CF-7512 more reliable in your opinion?

Mars coin mechs are superior to anything out there. I think almost any vendor would agree that the 7512 is the best coin mech ever made. They last longer, have fewer problems, and they are more operator friendly. For example.I hate the fact that Coinco made all their mechs to where they could not be tuned in the field, so you had to have their software to do it. That was such an obvious "we can make more money with everyone sending their units to us" senario. Mars, on the other hand, made all their TRC series changers tunable by anyone anytime anywhere. That saved operators tons of time and money.

I have never had a Mars 7512 go bad on me. Coinco 5 tubes I have.

Mars coin mechs are superior to anything out there. I think almost any vendor would agree that the 7512 is the best coin mech ever made. They last longer, have fewer problems, and they are more operator friendly. For example.I hate the fact that Coinco made all their mechs to where they could not be tuned in the field, so you had to have their software to do it. That was such an obvious "we can make more money with everyone sending their units to us" senario. Mars, on the other hand, made all their TRC series changers tunable by anyone anytime anywhere. That saved operators tons of time and money.

I have never had a Mars 7512 go bad on me. Coinco 5 tubes I have.

Thanks for answering my question. Very good points you make on the benifit's of Mars over Coinco & do do agree the MEI7000 is a very good mech.

I wasn't aware Coinco do a 5 tube.. are you referring to the Guardian 6 tube? I don't own any guardian's but was looking at purchasing some in a combo deal with some MC2600 Bill Acceptors but now have second thoughts. Are you able to give your opinion on the Coinco Guardian 6 tube and MC Bill Acceptor?

Sorry, I was referring to the 6 tube Guardian and the 4 tube Quantum. I can't give a lot of feedback on the MC or Guardian, because I've never used them. The Quantum, Vortex, and other MDB units of theirs were so bad I never bothered trying the newer ones. Their Bill Pros are "good", just because they are new, but good doesn't match up to the mastery of MEI products. MEI's bill acceptors and coin mechs are dominate in my opinion. If you are buying those units to resell, then that would be a good deal for you. There are lots of people who use those units, and would pay well for them. I might sell them if I got some cheap; they are not in my regular inventory though. I would never use them in my route machines. With the exception of "1" machine, every machine on my route has a Mars VN-2500 series validator, and a Mars TRC or 7512 coin mech.

Archived