Real time reviews of locators

kandyking

• 1 month later...

CandyCaptian,

Let me know how your locating in the SD area goes. I found a guy on CL and was hot to trot out the gate, but not been able to connect with him over the past week. Told me he was with 'All Vending' as they were based out of Oceanside, but had gone independant. I had not seen this thread and his 'discount' rates were still leaps and bounds over the rates discussed here.

None the less, I reached out to LRU to see what they can do for me. Small time placements compared to 'King' but could be a good benchmark to see how they treat the little guys and beginners!

• 3 weeks later...

Aug 1 placed an order with kickstart. After a week of no communication I sent an email checking on my status. I received a phone call informing me they were waiting on further information. Zip codes, available times, and charity information, I had given all this over the phone when I placed my order. After I got upset and ask for a refund, I ask to speak with Rob. 5 minutes later same woman calls me back and tells me they ha e found my information. I have over 100 sticker machines I need placed. Does anyone know of a locator around gulf coast TX that does sticker machines? Kickstart is not doing well starting out.

• 3 weeks later...

On behalf on the River Bend Locators staff I would like to add a comment to this thread. We are in the process of working on two different vendors accounts from the forum. After we have completed their order we will ask them if they will post a comment on this particular thread about our services.

We are looking forward to serving the TVF community and becoming the #1 locating service on this forum.

-River Bend Locators

• Like 1

Your Highness,

We have a couple more locators on the forum since you last updated us. Any chance of continuing this thread?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Haven't seen KK post non Fantasy Football related info in the forum since his post "Bulk Vending PSA".  He may not even be in business anymore?

I wanted to let everyone know of the experience I had with Shawn and Riverbend locators. I put my order in on Thursday and they gave me a location today (and that was over labor day weekend). They sent me emails on a daily basis to let me know the status of my order and came through with what looks like a promising location. I have to say that I really liked being kept up to date with what was going on with my account. I'm dropping off the machine tomorrow.

Used locators r us, placed an order on the 29th about 730am and didnt receive any type of confirmation except my receipt from paypal so i sent an email later that evening asking how the process works and when i can expect a location. I received an email from Gale the following morning that included a form and a message saying they will begin looking that day (Aug 30th). Today i received an email saying they had found a location and the funny thing is the location is in the same business park that i work in. Its my first machine and location so im anxious to see how this plays out

• 3 weeks later...

Just to chime in here for someone slowly making their way to getting more locations. I tried Kick Start for their free one. I've started in late June. Since then I've turned down 5 consecutive locations from them for this trial. The last two either didn't know what I was talking about or the second person actually was just the person who answers the phone and even told them they didn't want it. I wish you could submit a receipt to them for gas reimbursements. At this point, it's almost personal to get one location out of them it would be like I've finally won. 

• 2 weeks later...

Used locators r us, placed an order on the 29th about 730am and didnt receive any type of confirmation except my receipt from paypal so i sent an email later that evening asking how the process works and when i can expect a location. I received an email from Gale the following morning that included a form and a message saying they will begin looking that day (Aug 30th). Today i received an email saying they had found a location and the funny thing is the location is in the same business park that i work in. Its my first machine and location so im anxious to see how this plays out

Just wanted to update, the location i received is a cuban restaurant that just opened and is very slow, i may relocate. 15 bucks in 2 weeks for a triplehead...is this normal? Should i relocate?

Just wanted to update, the location i received is a cuban restaurant that just opened and is very slow, i may relocate. 15 bucks in 2 weeks for a triplehead...is this normal? Should i relocate?

$15 per triple for a MONTH would be low.

But, you are on pace to pull $30 per month with that triple.

That's not great, but not low either.

• Like 1

im hoping as their business grows my profits increase. 

Good thinking. I've had that happen before.

So it is possible this could become a better stop.

One of my good rack locations was a terrible spot to begin with.

The place had been opened less than a month when I went in there.

First few collections were REALLY low.

But, I liked the owner (good guy, good cook, and great service to diners) and I just had a hunch things wouldn't stay slow for long.

It's been over a year I've been in there now and the rack does great and his place is packed during meal hours.

He's even expanded his hours...which is always great for a vendor.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I used Locators R Us.  I ordered 2 locations at night.  I received an email with 2 locations the following day.  I called both.  The first location the owner said she misunderstood the caller and they already have a candy machine that is not doing well.  The second location is a small restaurant and I think it is going to be a good location.  I emailed locators r us about the bad location.  They sent me a new one in a few minutes.  Will place a machine there tomorrow. 

So far fantastic service.  I will check my machines each week for the first month to see how they are doing. 

I also tried Kickstart.  I ordered two locations.  It took them about three weeks to deliver two locations.  I suspect that I will be lucky if one is minimally ok and I am not sure about the other.  Not impressed with Kickstart at all.

So just a quick update on my experience so far. I purchased (through the escrow service) 5 locations on Monday 4/21 at approx 1:30 pm PST. Soon after I received an email from TVF confirming my order. I however; have not received any correspondence from LRU regarding giving them any information about what type of machines, zip codes, preferences, ETC. On Thursday 4/24 I contacted TVF via a ticket to let them know that I haven't received any correspondence from LRU. TVF replied back that they let LRU know to get in touch with me. It is Monday 4/28 and so far no correspondence from LRU requesting any of my information for locating machines. I am pretty patient so I will wait a few more days to see if I hear anything from LRU. 

So just a quick update on my experience so far. I purchased (through the escrow service) 5 locations on Monday 4/21 at approx 1:30 pm PST. Soon after I received an email from TVF confirming my order. I however; have not received any correspondence from LRU regarding giving them any information about what type of machines, zip codes, preferences, ETC. On Thursday 4/24 I contacted TVF via a ticket to let them know that I haven't received any correspondence from LRU. TVF replied back that they let LRU know to get in touch with me. It is Monday 4/28 and so far no correspondence from LRU requesting any of my information for locating machines. I am pretty patient so I will wait a few more days to see if I hear anything from LRU.

Queekwee,

When I sent them the order on April 21, they immediately confirmed it so I know they know about you. I have not heard back from her regarding the email I recently sent on your behalf. I will send them another email right now asking them to get in touch with you. Just be sure you are receiving mail on your PayPal email address. If you would like them to contact you on an alternate email, let me know using your support ticket.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I picked up 3 locations for double machines using Locators R us and the results have been mixed. One location is solid 30-50 bucks a month, one is okay at about 20-25 bucks and one is terrible at 5-10 bucks a month.  I use a local charity which they admitted was a challenge because it isn't really well known, but important to me because that was part of the point of me getting into this whole shindig in the first place. They took a couple of weeks to get those three locations. I would probably use them again in the future though if I was going to use another locator.