google.com, pub-6262331124919164, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Jump to content
kandyking

Real time reviews of locators

I would just like to say thank you for all you have posted you have answered many questions i had

I would also like to add that GoDaddy sayd they didnt pay for there domain name

Locators R Us

http://www.locatorsrus.info/index.php

this is the link i found are these the same people you use

www.locatorsrus.biz/index.html

Edited by Erosenlieb

The people I use are at www.locatorsrus.biz, It may take a day or two for them to respond because Gale, who runs it, is on vacation.

I placed an order for 13 locations with Locators r us last week, and I already have 10 of them. They have found me around 25 locations in the past 6 weeks and I am very happy with them. I also used First Choice and they found me 5 back in November, but one of them got kicked out and I am still waiting on a replacement. I want to thank all who have posted on this topic or I may have wasted my money on some of the other locators mentioned.

did you ever try howard goldstein?

I called him today his current charges are 50 a location. He says for 20-40 locations he will need about 2 days. He told me you will drive along with him with machines in a van or truck. As he turns over locations you drop the machines in and off you two go to the next spot.

I have also contacted LRU and KS. They both have a few bids each from me. So far no locations but it has one been a few business days.

I would just like to say thank you for all you have posted you have answered many questions i had

I would also like to add that GoDaddy sayd they didnt pay for there domain name

Locators R Us

http://www.locatorsrus.info/index.php

this is the link i found are these the same people you use

www.locatorsrus.biz/index.html

Yup, we did not pay the locatorsrus.info domain because we are not using that anymore and the site design is complicated so we prefer to use our old domain (the one we use when we started) the www.locatorsrus.biz. The site is so simple and not that complicated and easy to manage. I just made it myself using templates. :)

I'm back in town and will be working tomorrow. But even though I'm out of town, Amanda is incharge so she's still sending locations and answering your emails and calls. I believed some replacements are already sent last week and some orders were taken care off. Please send us email at support@loctorsrus.biz if you want to know the status of your orders or replacement.

Thanks you for choosing LRU!

-Gale

• Like 1

Yup, we did not pay the locatorsrus.info domain because we are not using that anymore and the site design is complicated so we prefer to use our old domain (the one we use when we started) the www.locatorsrus.biz. The site is so simple and not that complicated and easy to manage. I just made it myself using templates. :)

I'm back in town and will be working tomorrow. But even though I'm out of town, Amanda is incharge so she's still sending locations and answering your emails and calls. I believed some replacements are already sent last week and some orders were taken care off. Please send us email at support@loctorsrus.biz if you want to know the status of your orders or replacement.

Thanks you for choosing LRU!

-Gale

What a great example of followup and good communication, just about every locator out there ought to take some lessons in customer service from LRU.

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-024.gif

• Like 1

2/6/13

Today Locators R Us gave me 6 more locations. Some seem iffy (pet salons) but at least I have a handful of new locations to put out onto the streets. I only wish LRU was able to give me at least 5 a week and I wouldn't even look for another locator. I would just keep a standing order with them. \

FINALLY, after numerous emails and a few phone calls, I managed to catch Sonya of First Choice Locators on the phone and she assured me I will have a few new locations in the upcoming days. I will keep you updated as these promises die on the vine or become a reality.

If anyone has another locator that they recommend and has reasonable prices, please post your experiences as they happen so we can all benefit from real time reviews. Even if you just order one location from Eddie Bauer or Kickstart, write the date and your experience. This will afford us a real time review of locators and hold locators accountable for poor service or reward them for quality service.

Well i have been trying to use KS and LRU. KS has given me about 6 locations in a week buy i feel only one is usable. I deny them left and right and they send me a new one every other day. LRU has given me one location in about 8 days. Its a children themed restaurant only problem is i counted about 8 other machines in there. KS has been much more productive for me. I plan to use these two to do most of my locating along with a local guy. I will post more next week.

2/13/13

Since the last update:

Locators R Us has given me 7 locations (3 of which I rejected) and the other 4 seem OK. I also needed to return 11 locations either for poor performance or because the location closed or demanded we remove the machine. LRU gladly will replace these locations. They stand behind their warranty which is more than most in this industry.

First Choice Locators has finally shown up and given me 2 blue chip locations at a local mall. They are painfully slow but when they do produce, the do it well. Let's hope they have awoken from their 3 month slumber and are back on track to give LRU some competition.

There is a guy in New Jersey that hires face to face locators to put out honor boxes. He flies the locators to his business, has a box truck filled with stocked boxes and sends them out. Most of them stay until the box truck is empty (5 days or so is the norm). He tells me it works. He pays them $10 buck per spot (100 boxes in the truck). They give him signed installation sheets and he flies them home.

So i got a hold of this company today.

All Vending Machine Locators

They started off very nice. Then it went bad pretty fast. I did not end up going with this locator but i will write a review

of what happened.

Pros

• Experience
  • On the ground locating
  • telemarketing locating

Cons

• Price 30% or so higher
  • Total amount upfront
  • No free replacement time sensitive/kick out
  • 50% relocate fee is all they offer
  • Guy got rude and hung up on me

I was nice on this phone call. I told him please give me the prices and i will compare you to others.

Once i told him that he was a little high to my normal he told me that all i care about is a few dollars.

I told him that bottom line was very important and he didn't seem to share my thoughts on that.

Just some quick math. He wants 60 for a tele location. I currently pay 32 for the company i use now.

so over lets say 100 locations that is a savings of 2800 bucks.

YES BOTTOM LINE DOES MATTER

There is a guy in New Jersey that hires face to face locators to put out honor boxes. He flies the locators to his business, has a box truck filled with stocked boxes and sends them out. Most of them stay until the box truck is empty (5 days or so is the norm). He tells me it works. He pays them $10 buck per spot (100 boxes in the truck). They give him signed installation sheets and he flies them home.

seminole snacks? if so i know one of their locators , he is GOOD

What are FCL prices like before i call them

First Choice Locators charge $50 per location

Locators R Us charges charges between $28 and $33 based on if they are running a buy 10 get 2 free special or not.

2/14/13

Locators R Us has provided 1 more location

First Choice has provided 2 more blue chip locations

First Choice is starting to make this a race again! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

• Like 1

Guest Lgarci53

With the amount of machines I get per month that need locating, I need as many possible potential locators as I can get.

Just read the thread Robert has failed me aswell before about 3yrs on a 10pcs order but Oh we'll.....how many machines are you getting per month? Just curious on your operations sounds badass jaja I'm looking into maybe buying 30-50pcs let me know if you are the seller I'm looking for

I try to place between 20 and 50 per month depending on the results of LRU, First Choice and my 'on the ground' locators. As far as my selling any machines, the kingdom only expands and never contracts. I am happy to buy 1800 machines but have only sold off the non 1800's that I get when buying a route. (I have a few of those left. PM me if interested)

• Like 1

I haven't had any locators that have stood out to me. I've used Kickstart (a little expensive and locations have been my lowest performers) and LRU (took them MONTHS to fill 2 locations - will say that one of the locations has turned out to be a great location - but I turned down several poor offerings before I got the good one). I sent in a contract for FCL and never heard another word from them.

I just bought 32 new machines - may just take a day off work and try my hand at self locating. Or try the technique of paying someone $15 a location and hiring them off CL. Not sure what else to try. Don't really have the time to self locate but using locators is just as slow since they aren't turning them around quickly. Not sure if our city is THAT difficult (that's what I'm being told) or if it's because I can only afford a couple at a time and thus they aren't priority. Regardless, need to find something better. Going to go read up on self locating. :D

3/18/13

Since my last update, things have been VERY slow.

Locators R Us has slowed down to a halt with only 2 locations given compared to 4 locations I had to return due to poor sales. Net result is -2 locations

First Choice Locators is starting to turn it on again with 5 more quality locations. They have over taken LRU for the lead. Let's see how long it lasts.

Neither of these 2 companies are setting the world on fire but First Choice has pulled out to a slight lead. Does anyone have any other locators for me to add into the mix? A total gain of 3 locations in a couple of weeks is unacceptable growth. I need to add a few more locators who are a little more hungry. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Well i will give my update too.

LRU - They just came in with two today. So there grand total over a month is 3.

1st choice - I ordered 2 locations with them about a month ago. They have given me one great location. It has well over 50+ employees. So i can not

wait for their next location.

KickStart - I ordered two from them as well. They have sent me nothing yet and i email them back and forth. They just say they are trying hard.

Local locators - He has gotten me a total of 2 spots. Both are 15-30 dollars a month. The only complaint i have about him is if there are already 3 machines

in the location he does not care. He will say its a good location.

LRU has slowed to a crawl on my end. I've left 4 messages and sent them an e-mail with no response. :huh:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I have been looking at a site called vendingforsale.biz   I am definetly a Newbie but very eager to get Involved in the business of triplehead Vending Machines.  There Prices and quotes seem a little unrealistic  compared  to the numbers I am seeing other places but again...I am a 'Newbie'  . By the way whats a good place to buy new triple head candy machines from seeing as that I am in San Diego and most distributors I see are in Florida. 

SN: KandyKing Your Awesome! thanks for all the info

Nooooooooooo!

It's a bizop!

If I were you, I'd buy used stuff from craigslist and get a locator to do it

Better yet, locate yourself

Also, if you got quality machines new, a triple consisting of 3 oak vistas, a stand and a homemade triple plate is only around 200

Add a locator for about 30 and you have high quality triples that can be reconfigured and have high parts availability for only230, instead of the rip off 300+ that there charging

If you get used stuff from craigslist however, you could get that setup for way less

Ps: don't expect to empty the machines as the website says. The numbers are all inflated

Also direct from mfg is best if you want new

Good mfgs are aa, oak, northwestern, beaver, and eagle

Thanks a lot man! Been doin some more research and you sound about Right. Do you think that Locators R US would be a good recommendation for the San Diego araea??