Real time reviews of locators

kandyking

I also placed an order on 4/21. I had to reach out to them in order to give them zip codes. Haven't heard back on any possible locations or even where we currently stand.

I had to turn one of there places down last week and just did a quick follow up early yesterday. Haven't heard anything back from them and haven't heard any feedback on a some questions I had either to help them out. You aren't alone sometimes they disappear like this. If something bad did happen hey at least we used TVF for the order so we are covered there. 

Since Lighthouse is no longer locating, I placed one order for a mint honor box yesterday with LRU. So far the communication has been good. The only problem so far has been not having anywhere to submit my requested zip codes. I had to reach out to LRU and email them the requested zip codes. I will keep you all updated on how this order is handled.

So I placed a mint honor box order with LRU on 4-29-14 and the communication so far has been decent but not great. They did come through with what might be a great location (mexican restaurant) on 5-2-14. I will be dropping the dox off on 5-6-14. I'll let you guys know if there is any problems from here on out.

Prime vending locations. 

Used high pressure sales tactics with me to the point where it was insulting. Even if what they were promising me was true, if they try to sell my machine the same way they tried to sell me on their service, I'm pretty sure the location wouldn't last.

I thought I'd chime in. I have been using First Choice for a while now. They would not return my calls. I finally got through to them yesterday. They said they close for 2 weeks for vacation. I would have like to have known this information earlier. Anyway, they are back to work. We'll see how they do with the remainder of my order.  

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd chime in. I have been using First Choice for a while now. They would not return my calls. I finally got through to them yesterday. They said they close for 2 weeks for vacation. I would have like to have known this information earlier. Anyway, they are back to work. We'll see how they do with the remainder of my order.

I agree, better communication seems to be a hard get with most of the locators...I had been having smashing success with 1st Choice but the are way overdue on our latest order and not responding to correspondence

Edited by ska173
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been away from the locating aspect of the business for awhile, but just received a new shipment of machines -- and I'm really excited to get started!!

Which brought me to this thread... So far, I've seen that there are only a few options for locating service -- and I'm wondering if anyone here can add to this short (and relatively dubious) list:

*LRU (I've read the spotty recent reports... They're charging a pre-locating fee now? And what's with its website? "Shipping details?" I was in the midst of ordering from them until I realized that not only was there place to input ZIP Codes, but obviously their business plan has changed.)

no space to input ZIP codes?)

*First Choice (Expensive per location, and Sonya's legal contract reads like a contract with the Devil.)

*KickStart (...lest we forget, Rob -- and "his staff" -- and "get right back to ya partner!" ...I don't even want to go there.)

*Prime Vending (No one on this forum has had a kind for them.)

Hi lowcountry Dan, Did you ever get you machines placed with First Choice? I have been trying to contact them for a while by email and phone

Hi lowcountry Dan, Did you ever get you machines placed with First Choice? I have been trying to contact them for a while by email and phone

Yes. I gave them some more zip codes. They filled the remaining order of 3. I had to go a bit farther out, but sometimes that's what it takes.      

• 3 weeks later...

what county are you in, i know some locators in florida

seems to me all locators start out good and by the end or when you have to ask them for replacements things go to hell in a hand basket....is anyone paying in advance....if so why?

call me before using certain locators in the St augustine Fl area

brian

615 828 0829

• 1 month later...

I'm using First Choice locators again. As usual, it's taking forever.  It's been 6 weeks and not one location yet.  I wrote them and they replied, "There are a lot of machines in your area." Not from what I see.  I have one tough competitor who uses those 8-way U-Turn monsters. Otherwise, I see an occasional gumball machine.

I think what is happening is owners are just lying about already having a machine.  Everybody says, No, around here.  I know I should get some commission locations, but these people want 40-50%. People in Charleston are totally cut-throat.  They'll only do business if they can make sure you don't make any money. Any suggestions? I am trying to make a breakthrough, but stuck in neutral now.      

Someone had mentioned a locator by the name of eddie bauer. Wanting to know how things are going with this locator to see if we can help the GOOD locators...The rest need to be broadcasted and sent to "locator damnation"!!!

Just another thought if you are GREAT but if you are not...please consider joining NBVA....it will help you and all of us.

B Good

Edited by twopawsup

Dan, what contact info (phone & email) do you have for first (worst) choice...they are quite delinquent on some locations for us and I can't seem to get a hold of anyone to resolve the issue. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone had mentioned a locator by the name of eddie bauer. Wanting to know how things are going with this locator to see if we can help the GOOD locators...The rest need to be broadcasted and sent to "locator damnation"!!!

What good is it to broadcast our opinions on locators?

Broadcasting a locator's deficiencies isn't good enough because too many people want to be spoon fed reviews rather than going out and finding the info already on this forum.

Use the search function and you will find all you need to know regarding Eddie Bauer.

• Like 1

Dan, what contact info (phone & email) do you have for first (worst) choice...they are quite delinquent on some locations for us and I can't seem to get a hold of anyone to resolve the issue. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Choice Locators 

email: help@firstchoice.com

phone: 407 341-2430

I think First Choice Locators are good people. They are just slow.  I don't know what happened, because they didn't used to be this slow. 

I may have to go to commission, even for candy machines. People around here don't care anything about charities. They only want to know what's in it for them. I hate to be cynical, but I've seen it 100 times. 

People around here don't care anything about charities. They only want to know what's in it for them. I hate to be cynical, but I've seen it 100 times. 

You have to show them whats in it for them to have a charity candy machine.

- It shows their customers that the business has good will because they support a local charity. (Business owner thinks - good community image)

- It also provides a treat for the customer or their kids (Business owner thinks- kids will actually want to visit location)

Those two things please their customers. (Business owner thinks- Customers = money, pleased customers means more frequent visits, more customers = More money)

You have to believe in what your selling and show them the benefit.

• Like 1

You have to show them whats in it for them to have a charity candy machine.

- It shows their customers that the business has good will because they support a local charity. (Business owner thinks - good community image)

- It also provides a treat for the customer or their kids (Business owner thinks- kids will actually want to visit location)

Those two things please their customers. (Business owner thinks- Customers = money, pleased customers means more frequent visits, more customers = More money)

You have to believe in what your selling and show them the benefit.

Thank you, Makes Cents.  That perspective is very helpful. I need a positive attitude to succeed. I should not see problems, but see solutions.    

Edited by lowcountry Dan
  • Like 1

I should not see problems, but see solutions.    

Great comment.

We all need to keep this in mind since we all get pessimistic from time to time.

The bottom line is, there are likely non-profit organizations somewhere in your geographic area.

If they are making ends meet, it's probably because there ARE some people who care about charities in your hometown....although you don't always see it.

If things really are tough for charity machines in your area, make sure you are using a LOCAL charity rather than a national charity vending program. If the locals are a little cold-hearted, they are more likely to support a local cause before they'll support a national one.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I placed an order with Family Vending , rodney69, here on the forum for 5 charity locations. It was a great locating experience, rapid communication, and 5 locations secured...all expected to be keepers, 2 may quickly be upgrades. I have ordered 5 more from Rodney and will continue do due so untill I run out of machines.

Edited by ska173

Last week I placed an order with Family Vending , rodney69, here on the forum for 5 charity locations. It was a great locating experience, rapid communication, and 5 locations secured...all expected to be keepers, 2 may quickly be upgrades. I have ordered 5 more from Rodney and will continue do due so untill I run out of machines.

Great to hear. Thanks for posting this review.

Please keep us updated...it's been a long time since a locator was doing well around here.

• 2 months later...