google.com, pub-6262331124919164, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Jump to content
kandyking

Real time reviews of locators

Well it has been a little while since I posted on this thread. Here are my results:

First Choice 5/5 all in 1 week, 2nd week after ordering.

1. Bar restaurant (could be good)

2. Small mostly take out pizza place in a convenience store (could be ok)

3. Family pizza restaurant and bar (should be good)

4. Family restaurant bar (should be good)

5. Very small nail salon (not going to place machine there, very slow, I am afraid they will close)

Locators R Us 5/5 all in 1 week, 2nd week after ordering

1. Kids Spa (not sure, open very limited hours)

2. Nail Spa (not sure)

3. Nail Spa (not sure)

4. Dry Cleaning (not placing a machine, the owner even said"I don't think people will use it here")

5. Sea Food restaurant (should be great)

Over all pretty pleased. First Choice was hard to get returned calls and emails from the first 2 weeks, but when they sent the locations and I owed them money she called every day.LOL I don't have a Paypal account so she needed to email me an invoice through paypal so I could pay "as a guest" Once she did it worked great. They got me several restaurants though.

Locators R Us got 3 very so so and 1 good location. I hope the 1 good one pays for all the others.

• Like 1

Try Willis at World vend Locators. NO PAYMENT till you get locations. Gets right on the job!!!

1-888-872-0655 13 yrs experience in snack/soda bulk candy/toys amusements.

He does the work in person .

I just placed an open ended order with Locators R Us to place up to 87 machines in a specific mall. I have provided them with a list of potential locations that I want. This will give us a good idea of the success rate of locators. I will be conducting the same exercise with a different location for First Choice shortly. These locators will be reviewed on speed, quality (I gave each locator my desired locations on a 4 tier system), quantity and success rate.

Once again . . . LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

• Like 1

This is going to be great! Thanks King!

How are you getting a hold of locator R US ? I've been trying for two/three weeks .

Sent the order in today via email. As of now, still no response. Perhaps I will follow up with a call tomorrow if I have time. I am buying a small existing route in the area and that should occupy the bulk of my day.

I got an email from Gale from Locators R Us within 12 hours of sending her my request for more locations and she apologized for the delay and told me she would call me some time today. I really have never had a bad experience with LRU. I will keep you in the loop as this progresses but I expect their usual high standard.

Great stuff Kandy, your thread inspired me and I am in the process of conducting a similar (albeit on a much smaller scale) review of each service.

Generally how much are in person locators charging? Do they charge for expenses plus? Any info would be appreciated.

For the past few months I have had standing orders with both Locators R Us and First Choice Locators. Thus far, I have received 40 locations from LRU of which 19 have been placed, 8 are waiting to be placed and 13 have been rejected either by myself or the location. First Choice has not given me a single location. Needless to say, LRU is running away with this one. Does anyone else have any other locators to throw into the mix to give LRU a run for their money?

No sooner did I make that post than LRU sent me another 10 locations and these look better than the last. This brings the count to 50 locations for LRU and 0 from First Choice. This is a full blown knock out. Does anyone have any first class locators to compete against LRU?

No matter how good LRU is (and they are shockingly good), I find it a very risky proposition to put all of my eggs in one basket. If LRU ever disappears off the face of the earth or their quality suddenly takes a drastic downtown or they have technical problems for a week or two, I need to have someone else in place feeding me locations so my expansion continues. I always like to have at least two options for every aspect of my businesses that I sub out. Locators are no exception.

That being said, as long as LRU keeps up their current speed and quality, I will always give them the lions share of my business because, quite frankly, they deserve it.

Does anyone else have any other locators to throw into the mix to give LRU a run for their money?

Seems like the A-Grade locators are dwindling for sure. Not many Manning or Brady type locators left standing. Just a bunch of Blaine Gabbert, Michael Vick and Mark Sanchez type locators. Heck at this point, I would even take a Joe Flacco type locator! (Sorry, I just like football analogies)!

But here is another one for "the mix" that I have been wondering about for a while. There is a locator in Texas that has not had a lot of press here. I have never used her services and have no first (or even second) hand info on them. But I see she runs listings on eBay every now and then. Not sure why there has been little chatter about them. Either nobody wants to pay their price or they are so good that no vendor wants his competitor to know! Here are some links. One nice thing about buying thought eBay, is that you can leave a negative feedback if the service is bad. They have many positive feedback's, albeit some a few years old. Any one out there with some first hand info to share on them?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/djm8001/m.html?item=170969463174&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ce92f986&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

http://www.vendinglocatorsnetwork.com/,

Wow $60 a location! Those would have to be some serious 'blue chip' locations to warrant such a price. I would need to be getting Joe Montana in his prime for that kind of price tag. Especially since I have Aaron Rodgers (LRU) giving me prime locations as fast as I can handle them at a hair over $30 a piece. I appreciate the input but their price tag makes them cost prohibitive to join the Kandy Kingdom.

On a side note Jax, if you like football analogies, it seems that the Kandy King is like Brady in his prime when it comes to fantasy football. If you do not believe me, please look below at this banner that keeps following me around reminding me that I am a champion (like I needed a reminder!)

On a side note Jax, if you like football analogies, it seems that the Kandy King is like Brady in his prime when it comes to fantasy football. If you do not believe me, please look below at this banner that keeps following me around reminding me that I am a champion (like I needed a reminder!)

Yea $60 is on the high side.

And "Brady in his prime" - Is that in past tense??!! Some may not like that!!

1/10/13

LRU has produced another 8 locations. That brings the total to 28 locations given to me in the last 48 hours. They are on fire! I have my men doing deliveries this week and will update you on how many of these are rejected either by the location or myself. Either way, 28 potential locations in 2 days is fantastic and at least 25% of them are spectacular locations that I am very excited about getting. LRU has started 2013 out with a bang and I hope the trend continues.

First Choice still has yet to even give a single location. Is anyone else having issues with First Choice?

1/10/13

LRU has produced another 8 locations. That brings the total to 28 locations given to me in the last 48 hours. They are on fire! I have my men doing deliveries this week and will update you on how many of these are rejected either by the location or myself. Either way, 28 potential locations in 2 days is fantastic and at least 25% of them are spectacular locations that I am very excited about getting. LRU has started 2013 out with a bang and I hope the trend continues.

First Choice still has yet to even give a single location. Is anyone else having issues with First Choice?

whats a spectacular location, can you give a breakdown by locator and avg

like LRU 28 - 7 @ 20$/mo, 21 @ $5/mo

etc..

Dogcow,

I will put that information together in a week or so. I have to manage the team to get all of my locations serviced and new locations placed. I am looking at 27 machines being dropped off in the next 3 days coupled with my usual routes. That being said, the King does not keep $5 locations. My usual cut off is $20 a month although I have some that linger between $15 and $20 that are very conveniently located on my routes.

thx im fascinated by your experiment kk

Let me just recap to see if there are any locators that we missed the boat on:

1) Locators R Us - They have been the front runner since the beginning. A never ending source of quality locations at a fair price

2) First Choice Locators - Running a now distant #2 from LRU, First Choice specializes in back of the house placement in employee breakrooms. Recently (Oct 2012 - Jan 2013) have been missing in action. Priced higher than LRU

3) Eddie Bauer Locators - They give mediocre locations and have still yet to replace my bad locations.

4) Kickstart - Great website, great communication, but terrible service. They only warranty 1 out of 3 locations and the replacements take forever to come. They also are not consistent with the speed of giving locations. Highest price and among the lowest quality

5) Rising Star - They have done nothing except take money for locations and give nothing in return. I am pretty sure they are out of business but, if not, beware. You will feel less frustrated just ripping your money to shreds and then flushing it.

6) General Vending Services - Turned out to be a scam from the very beginning. Luckily Rdendy exposed them before anyone fell victim to them.

Can anyone think of any locators that are missing from this list?

• Like 1

My men attempted to place 17 new locations on 1/11/13 and landed 11 of the 17. Of the 6 that were rejected, 1 was a business that was about to shut it's doors for good, 2 rudely dismissed my men as though no prior arrangements were made, 2 refused the machine due to size and 1 we refused due to a poor location. Of the 11 that were placed, 6 of them I am very optimistic about due to volume of traffic and type of clientele and the other 5 should be average or better performers. Time will tell. I still have 9 more locations to be placed which should be done in the upcoming days. These are all locations provided by Locators R Us.

First Choice Locators still have yet to return my emails since the new year began. Is anyone else having this issue?

Can anyone think of a locator that should be added to the mix? We have already eliminated Eddie Bauer, Kickstart, Rising Star, and General Vending Services and need some new blood to keep the competition active.

Also, please post your current orders and experiences with locators so we can have an ongoing tally of who is performing and who is not. If we create accountability for these locators, it will reward the good, punish the bad and provide us with the much needed information on what direction to go.

Things change rapidly in the world of locators and we need to keep up to date. 6 months ago I raved about First Choice but now they are missing in action. Post your experiences folks, that is the only way we will improve the system and weed out the garbage.

• Like 1

did you ever try howard goldstein?

I did not. Do you have any experience with him or know his rates, quality of locations or any info?

I did not. Do you have any experience with him or know his rates, quality of locations or any info?

yeah he did some honor boxes for me way back, top notch guy, he knows what hes doing i dont know his rates offhand

hes in person locator from west palm or somewhere in that area.

• Like 1