Hello from northern Minnesota....

Greatdane

Hi there, ;D

I am new to vending and have just found this very informative forum and already have received a wealth of information. I live in northern Minnesota on the Iron range near Canadian border. This intro is a little long but I hope I can get feedback.

I recently purchased 2 slightly used (less than 600 cups each on counter) and 7 brand new Saeco Supremo SG 200e commercial coffee vending machines still in factory box's with all accessories. Nine machines total including shipping from Florida to northern Minnesota, for a total investment of $14,000. All nine coffee vendors come with DBA's and coinco changers. Seven machines are still in the boxes and seven sets of bill validators and coinco changers are also in boxes. All these machines have a 2010 manufacture date.

I had seen these machines demoed by Canmax at a franchise expo in Minneapolis, Minnesota. After seeing them at the show, I was sold. I was invited by Canmax to come to a informational meeting to be held three days later. I drove 250 miles to get back home and planned on driving back for their potential operator meeting. It snowed 18 inches the night before the meeting and it was impossible for me to attend. I called and emailed them to let the exhibitor’s know that I wanted in and where do I send the money. I was told I was too late and they only accept people after lengthy face to face meetings and interviews. I was then told that they would be expanding in Cincinnati, Ohio whithin two years and I could attend that one. I really was sold on these machines and didn't want to wait that long. Just for the heck of it, I searched EBay for Saeco Supremo SG 200. I got a hit immediately. A person had just listed the vendors and the listing was only 18 minutes old before I stumbled upon the auction. I quickly and blindly placed my $14,000 offer bid and it was immediately accepted. I paid for the auction within 5 minutes through pay-pal.

When arranging shipping half way across the country, I was told that his mom had gone through Canmax in Canada. She spent $12,000 for their two machine entry program with territory in Florida. She started with 2 machines and started making money. She then bought 7 more machines for $6,500 for each with DBA's and coinco changer options for a total of $45,500. The invoices included with the marketing material totaled about $56,000. His mother suddenly died of cancer and her son works for the government and can't have a side business, so he sold everything to me on EBay.

I find I got more than I hoped for! A big bonus with the machines included ten cases (6-2lbs each case) of cappuccino topping (powdered milk), hot chocolate and French Vanilla. There was also a duffle bag that says "Barista Supremo System" full of about 30 lbs. of premium various coffee beans in foil vacuum factory sealed bags.

The problem I am having is that Canmax will have nothing to do with me because I didn't go through their authorized exclusive "Authorized Operator" program. I tried getting access to their forums BARISTA OPERATOR FORUM and was denied access even know I bought her company name and coffee machines that they sold to her. I then looked for other forums and information and found Early 1st Generation Barista Equipment Owner and Operator Blog: Barista Supreme Program Comments. After 2007 a guy by the name of Grant Rodgers, Manager of Canmax, Canada closed the forum and made it a "Authorized Operator" only forum where Canmax will not give me access. He posts throughout the forums that it was done to prevent mischief. I really don't believe that and feel it was closed to make it harder for people like me to get tech support and fellow vendor operator advice and to prevent people like me from starting a new territory where no machines like these are located without their blessing and expensive "Authorized Operator" membership franchise like program. Anyone not familiar with the Saeco SG200 can go here to see the machine and their info (very vague) http://www.baristaminicafe.com/

Canmax's old 2007 "Authorized Operator" forum seemed so useful pertaining to what I read in early posts before it was closed. I kept hitting dead end's dealing with Canmax and each person I talked to (voice mail) including Grant Rodgers (who I was told is a great guy and returns calls and emails right away) either said I must be an "Authorized Operator" or they did not return my calls and emails.

I feel so luckily that I found this wealth of information in this awesome forum. I am hopeful there are others like myself with these machines to learn from and also give advice once I begin to get to know people and read others questions in the forums. I am a HVAC/r technician and if their are any refrigeration questions, I'm your guy.

My first question I have is: Are there any other people like me that work with Saeco SG 200 Coffee machines. I know I will need some advice, assistance and technical suport in the future and hoping there are people like me in these cool forums. I also placed this question and intro with subject line to catch other operator’s attention in the proper forum.

Thank you for your time and patience reading this long intro and question.

Eddie ;D

Sorry to hear the company treated you like that. Some of these brands seem so exclusive I can't beleive they are still in buisiness. I hope to see you around the forums- there are a LOT of great people on here who really know their stuff. Good luck with the machines! Welcome to TVF!

Sorry to hear the company treated you like that. Some of these brands seem so exclusive I can't beleive they are still in buisiness. I hope to see you around the forums- there are a LOT of great people on here who really know their stuff. Good luck with the machines! Welcome to TVF!

Their loss. They would have had someone willing to grow and buy their machines and take a territory where none existed. Saeco Supremo SG 200 commercial gourmet coffee machines are made in italy and are common overseas. In Australia, they are called Saeco Rubino SG200. Same machine, different distribution method. People can't believe the quality gourmet coffee that comes out of such a small machine from coffee bean is possible and only $1.00 instead of starbucks $2.99. Just not the fancy green logo. It sure seems like Canmax has the North American locked down >:(

At least it seems like internal parts of the vendor are interchangeble with other quality commercial Saeco expresso products. ^-^

Their loss. They would have had someone willing to grow and buy their machines and take a territory where none existed. Saeco Supremo SG 200 commercial gourmet coffee machines are made in italy and are common overseas. In Australia, they are called Saeco Rubino SG200. Same machine, different distribution method. People can't believe the quality gourmet coffee that comes out of such a small machine from coffee bean is possible and only $1.00 instead of starbucks $2.99. Just not the fancy green logo. It sure seems like Canmax has the North American locked down > :(

At least it seems like internal parts of the vendor are interchangeble with other quality commercial Saeco expresso products. ^-^

Good to hear. Hopefully some of the full-line guys will chime in to help you out towmorrow. Wish I could help you more, but I'm a bulk vendor- I haven't the foggiest idea how those coffee units work.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from Indiana!

I just stumbled upon your post....and I wish you the best with your new venture.

FYI.... I'm thinking about selling my Barista machines....I have 4. Three of them are brand new and the 4th was used for 1 week.

Something to think about.....

John

• 4 weeks later...

The following statements have been provided by a third party and should not be considered accurate and are hereby retracted. Specific financial information should not be considered accurate and I apologize to those people named and affected by relying on third party information without verification before publication. I hereby request all my posts within this forum "Hello from northern Minnesota.... " be retracted or deleted at my request.

Post to be retracted is as follows.

Hi there, ;D

I am new to vending and have just found this very informative forum and already have received a wealth of information. I live in northern Minnesota on the Iron range near Canadian border. This intro is a little long but I hope I can get feedback.

I recently purchased 2 slightly used (less than 600 cups each on counter) and 7 brand new Saeco Supremo SG 200e commercial coffee vending machines still in factory box's with all accessories. Nine machines total including shipping from Florida to northern Minnesota, for a total investment of $14,000. All nine coffee vendors come with DBA's and coinco changers. Seven machines are still in the boxes and seven sets of bill validators and coinco changers are also in boxes. All these machines have a 2010 manufacture date.

I had seen these machines demoed by Canmax at a franchise expo in Minneapolis, Minnesota. After seeing them at the show, I was sold. I was invited by Canmax to come to a informational meeting to be held three days later. I drove 250 miles to get back home and planned on driving back for their potential operator meeting. It snowed 18 inches the night before the meeting and it was impossible for me to attend. I called and emailed them to let the exhibitor’s know that I wanted in and where do I send the money. I was told I was too late and they only accept people after lengthy face to face meetings and interviews. I was then told that they would be expanding in Cincinnati, Ohio whithin two years and I could attend that one. I really was sold on these machines and didn't want to wait that long. Just for the heck of it, I searched EBay for Saeco Supremo SG 200. I got a hit immediately. A person had just listed the vendors and the listing was only 18 minutes old before I stumbled upon the auction. I quickly and blindly placed my $14,000 offer bid and it was immediately accepted. I paid for the auction within 5 minutes through pay-pal.

When arranging shipping half way across the country, I was told that his mom had gone through Canmax in Canada. She spent $12,000 for their two machine entry program with territory in Florida. She started with 2 machines and started making money. She then bought 7 more machines for $6,500 for each with DBA's and coinco changer options for a total of $45,500. The invoices included with the marketing material totaled about $56,000. His mother suddenly died of cancer and her son works for the government and can't have a side business, so he sold everything to me on EBay.

I find I got more than I hoped for! A big bonus with the machines included ten cases (6-2lbs each case) of cappuccino topping (powdered milk), hot chocolate and French Vanilla. There was also a duffle bag that says "Barista Supremo System" full of about 30 lbs. of premium various coffee beans in foil vacuum factory sealed bags.

The problem I am having is that Canmax will have nothing to do with me because I didn't go through their authorized exclusive "Authorized Operator" program. I tried getting access to their forums BARISTA OPERATOR FORUM and was denied access even know I bought her company name and coffee machines that they sold to her. I then looked for other forums and information and found Early 1st Generation Barista Equipment Owner and Operator Blog: Barista Supreme Program Comments. After 2007 a guy by the name of Grant Rodgers, Manager of Canmax, Canada closed the forum and made it a "Authorized Operator" only forum where Canmax will not give me access. He posts throughout the forums that it was done to prevent mischief. I really don't believe that and feel it was closed to make it harder for people like me to get tech support and fellow vendor operator advice and to prevent people like me from starting a new territory where no machines like these are located without their blessing and expensive "Authorized Operator" membership franchise like program. Anyone not familiar with the Saeco SG200 can go here to see the machine and their info (very vague) http://www.baristaminicafe.com/

Canmax's old 2007 "Authorized Operator" forum seemed so useful pertaining to what I read in early posts before it was closed. I kept hitting dead end's dealing with Canmax and each person I talked to (voice mail) including Grant Rodgers (who I was told is a great guy and returns calls and emails right away) either said I must be an "Authorized Operator" or they did not return my calls and emails.

I feel so luckily that I found this wealth of information in this awesome forum. I am hopeful there are others like myself with these machines to learn from and also give advice once I begin to get to know people and read others questions in the forums. I am a HVAC/r technician and if their are any refrigeration questions, I'm your guy.

My first question I have is: Are there any other people like me that work with Saeco SG 200 Coffee machines. I know I will need some advice, assistance and technical suport in the future and hoping there are people like me in these cool forums. I also placed this question and intro with subject line to catch other operator’s attention in the proper forum.

Thank you for your time and patience reading this long intro and question.

Eddie ;D

The following statements have been provided by a third party and should not be considered accurate and are hereby retracted. Specific financial information should not be considered accurate and I apologize to those people named and affected by relying on third party information without verification before publication. I hereby request all my posts within this forum "Hello from northern Minnesota.... " be retracted or deleted at my request.

Post to be retracted is as follows.

Their loss. They would have had someone willing to grow and buy their machines and take a territory where none existed. Saeco Supremo SG 200 commercial gourmet coffee machines are made in italy and are common overseas. In Australia, they are called Saeco Rubino SG200. Same machine, different distribution method. People can't believe the quality gourmet coffee that comes out of such a small machine from coffee bean is possible and only $1.00 instead of starbucks $2.99. Just not the fancy green logo. It sure seems like Canmax has the North American locked down > :(

Statements made in this forum are my opinion and specific information I published that is deemed harmful was not intended. information was and has been provided by a third party and should not be considered accurate and are hereby retracted. Specific financial information should not be considered accurate and I apologize to those people named and affected by relying on third party information without verification before publication. I hereby request all my posts within this forum "Hello from northern Minnesota.... " be retracted or deleted at my request due to inaccurate or perceived inaccuracies via personal request from myself and those party's mentioned.

Please notify me for any other posts missed but not retracted as requests or further information will be replied to and retracted ASAP.

Statements made in this forum are my opinion and specific information I published that is deemed harmful was not intended. information was and has been provided by a third party and should not be considered accurate and are hereby retracted. Specific financial information should not be considered accurate and I apologize to those people named and affected by relying on third party information without verification before publication. I hereby request all my posts within this forum "Hello from northern Minnesota.... " be retracted or deleted at my request due to inaccurate or perceived inaccuracies via personal request from myself and those party's mentioned.

Please notify me for any other posts missed but not retracted as requests or further information will be replied to and retracted ASAP.

What did Canmax do to you GreatDane?

I would never have guessed my forum posts would be so popular. I have had machine operators contacting me for tech support and many offers to purchase brand new or slightly used machines that were never even placed but purchased through a business opportunity company. I am here to help in any way I can. If you have no voice, use this forum as yours. We can all learn from each other as this is why we are here.

That being said, I am not going away but will always be here to help all of us forum members, readers and posters with UN-harmful personal opinionated posts. I have been contacted by many people coast to coast explaining their "experiences" with these gourmet coffee machines.You never know, I may take them up on their offer and resell the machines. People are paying $5,500 (my personal opinionated averages, not to be taken as pure %100 pure fact) for each Saeco 200 machine plus extras like DBA and other "opportunity" fees that can average thousands of dollars. It seems like the average price people are offering me for new/slightly used Saeco 200 gourmet coffee machines is around $1,200 each. The machines seem to be like a new car, drive it off the lot and it loses thousands of dollars value very fast.

Thanks all for your support

Greatdane

• 2 weeks later...

Understood. No problem Mission.

Good luck placing those machines GreatDane! Keep us posted on how business is doing!

love your new signature line. nice and colorful. grabs your attention :)

Archived