Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I recently bought a SG200. The problem I am having is that the two pumps (1. from the base of the unit that pumps the water to the air break and 2. the pump that pumps the water to the boiler) both are only getting like 2.5 volts. They are rated at 120 volts so I assume my error 'no water' is because they aren't getting enough power. Has anyone fixed the motherboard in the back or know what could be wrong. 

I checked the capacitors. The mainboard in the back of the unit seems to be working quite well. It has power and nothing on the board looks fried. Any help would be great or if you could post a picture of your motherboard. 

I tried calling Saeco- i had a little help from someone after calling around he said it's probably the mainboard. I don't even know where to buy a new one. I wanted to check if the power going in and coming out is correct. 

I used the wiring diagram I found online to check all the connections. Everything looks hooked up correctly. I'm at a standstill right now with you unit and i'd prefer not to sell it off into parts and instead to get it working again. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have three of these machines in operation and one out of service. Unfortunately, I have not experienced a problem like yours on any of the machines. I have had the "no water" error on one machine and in that situation I had to replace the flow meter. 

My out of service machine no longer sends power to the boiler and it seems to be something within the main board. Unfortunately a replacement board runs very close to $1000 CAD, so I am trying to diagnose the capacitors to see if I can find the faulty on and replace just the capacitor. 

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi,

I do have a parts machine with most parts other than the boiler functioning. If you need a board at a fair bit less price wise, let me know. I'm in Ottawa Canada

Mirco

I have moved to Florida and the humidity is brutal on these machines and I am closing up shop. Therefore I have 4 machines available

one still in the box. Open to any reasonable offer very little use on other 3.

russ

• 4 weeks later...

Gents.  My SG200 is making a loud squealing sound on startup. Sounds like its coming from bearings.

I dont use the hose water input. I put a jug of water below.  Seems to be coming from that hose pump but its not hooked up. 

Thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

OK last chance to get machines for next to nothing. Even if you use just for parts, they all work but I am going to toss

as my daughter is moving back in and I need the space and to humid in Florida to operate. Closing my business this tax year.

Russ.      rbrew1@yahoo.com

rbrew1;

Would love to take them off your hands. Unfortuately I think freight from Florida to Calgary AB Canada, would make the machine pretty costly. And as much as I like Flordia and have it on my bucket list to drive down, it would be with our RV and we wouldn't have space to haul it back. Sorry I can't help you.

Efman;

It sounds like a smiliar problem to one of my machines except it wasn't the pump. it seems to be something within the machine. The machine was in location where I had the users maintaining it and they had let it get pretty dirty. I cleaned it up real well and kind of tapped (what you can't fix with a hammert your can't fix - right?) the side of where it seemed to be squeaking and it stopped. 

I'm afraid my problem and repair wasn't very techinical. 

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• 1 month later...

I'm dealing with an "Empty Drip Tray" message that I can't get rid of. It incapacitates the unit. I've tried bypassing and removing the float sensor and any other trick I could find online to no avail. Has anyone else experienced and conquered this error?

Also, Dave from Seaga has left and now no one there has experience with the Rubino machines. I have 2 units having (different) issues. I was told that Jamaal was now the contact for us, but he doesn't really know anything about the machines. I also contact Philips Saeco, and they just gave me the Seago phone number.  Any other ideas for getting support?

1 hour ago, Bonnie Lee Coffee said:

I'm dealing with an "Empty Drip Tray" message that I can't get rid of. It incapacitates the unit. I've tried bypassing and removing the float sensor and any other trick I could find online to no avail. Has anyone else experienced and conquered this error?

Also, Dave from Seaga has left and now no one there has experience with the Rubino machines. I have 2 units having (different) issues. I was told that Jamaal was now the contact for us, but he doesn't really know anything about the machines. I also contact Philips Saeco, and they just gave me the Seago phone number.  Any other ideas for getting support?

I assume it is one of the blue SG200 machines and not the Black Rubino machine.  Have you reset the error codes?  Simply turning the machine on & off will not reset them.  You need to press the middle red button inside the machine, a "beep" will be heard, then display says "maintenance". Press the enter button (second button down on the right).  Display will say "error codes" or something like that.  Press "enter" button again and machine will clear the codes and restart.

P.S.  I have found Jamaal at Saeco to be pretty useless unless you are simply ordering parts - hopefully he is not reading!

• 1 month later...

#1.  I've also tried to work with Jamaal at Seaga.   I have been shipped the incorrect brew group twice.  I sent a photo of the brew group that I need,  and was told Seaga does not have that brew group in stock.  I was also informed that Seaga will not be getting any more Saeco parts, and they will no longer handle Saeco parts once their current inventory is gone.  Has anyone else been told this?

#2.  I have two machines with leaking issues on the swivel joints on the backside of the boiler.  I have repaired one, but now I am not getting the last two ounces of water on my coffee beverages.  Hot chocolate & french vanilla work fine.  Any ideas? 

Sorry. Can't be of much help. I've finally turned 1 of my 3 machines into a parts machine and I think there are enough other machines out there that can be purchased at a reasonable price, that it is not worth pursuing a source for parts. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I can't be much help to you on this. Except, I had some trouble with the grinders on 2 of my SG 200 machines and had to run a special cleaner through them. The coffee oil build up over time, caused them to jam up and not grind. This may or may not be of any help. 

Yes, no longer an option. Seaga is getting away from any support on these units. They have some parts, but they're not even sure what they have. They're focused on their other lines of business, so I would look for other support avenues.