Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

Hi, I am trying to run a new Saeco SG200e machine.

All product bins are loaded and buttons programmed, however currently it shows a message "Beverage ABCD F H not available"

All above combos that are not available require coffe.

Button E is a "No cup" button

Button G is hot chocolate and it works.

I tried replacing a brewing unit from another machine, but it did not help.

Anyone could advise how to fix this to make all other choices work?

Thank you.

Hi,

I am new to these machines as of about 3 weeks ago. I had the error a couple of times and it was always the brew group (either not seated properly, needing a good cleaning or out of coffee). Hope this helps somewhat.

For me the most important thing to clean were the two metal screen filters. I removed them with a Philips screwdriver and cleaned both sides well with an old toothbrush. These machines I bought had been sitting for a while... possibly a couple of years. Make sure everything moves well and lubrication never hurts!

I'm learning too. Thankfully I have a spare machine which helped me learn and try things I suspected might be the issue.

Now I have tried 3 brewing groups (2 were from brand new factory boxed units and 1 was from a machine with about 40 vends on the counter) and the machine shows the same error.

I have also noticed that at the boot, the first message is "coffee not available" then it goes through heating and ends up with "Beverage ABCD F H not available" message.

I have no idea what's wrong with it.

Well it's not the brew group them. Sounds like something between the boiler and the brew unit is problematic.  I have not run into this yet. I did have a problem with the hot water getting to my hot chocolate recently. It ended up being some sort of electronic regulator that was easy to swap. There is likely something like that going to the brew unit that might be worth trying..

Hello,

I am new to this forum and did want to say how helpful and informative it can be with many people who share their info with the knowledge and experience they have in that particular subject.

I have a vending route and specialize mainly in coffee vending while most of my machines are saeco sg200 coffee machines which have been very good to me.

I do have a particular problem as one of my machines doesn't seem to heat the water.  When this has happened in the past, I descaled the machine and it later worked heating the water and getting the boiler hot.  This time, it didn't work and did want to know if you have any other suggestiongs as to what the problem could be in terms of why the machine is not heating the water.  Other than that, it works perfectly.

Are you sure beans from the hopper are falling into the grinder.  When I have closed the hopper to remove for cleaning and forgot to open up the valve I would receive the same error.  Also have spilled beans all over the machine when I forgot to shut the valve prior to removing the bean hopper.

Yes, I have checked the hopper and it seems to work fine. I closed it to remove and check the grinder.

It did have beans in the grinder. I cleaned them up, replaced and open the hopper - "no coffee available" error remains.

I closed and removed hopper again and new beans were in the grinder. - So, hopper works and delivers beans to the grinder (when opened).

Also please remember that hot chocolate works perfect, so the boils water and delivers it through the process -- the problem is directly related to coffee. French vanilla works when I program it without coffee as well, but it becomes unavailable as soon as I add coffee in the programming.

OK, after calling Saeco and being bounced around from one phone # to another, finally thanks to a technician at a service center in Toronto I was able  find the problem .

It was some error in programming.

After changing the programming of the beverage 01 - Black coffee from Sequence 000C to 001C, testing and restarting the machine, all choices with coffee became available.

I just need to mention that calling main Saeco/Phillips USA service number did NOT help anything - they told me that they only support home machines and redirected me to Sega, who told me that they only help and support machines purchased from them and not 2nd hand units.

Oh, could somebody please post or send me the programming steps/recipes for drink choices in SAECO Rubino SG200e Vending machine?

standard Saeco 8oz vending cups

All choices should be set to the same price of $1.50 per vend.

Does anyone use this machine to serve tea? How to program it and where to get soluble (what kind) (or maybe just sell hot water +/- sugar and put tea bags on side?) --- any ideas?

OK, that SAECO SG200e Vending machine seems to work fine now, but I've hit another bump.

It makes all drinks for free.

How do I make it work only when paid?

The Coinco 9302 Coin acceptor is installed and connected to the main board.

I think the problem may be somewhere with programming, but I have no idea where.

I have Coin Validator set to Enable (Yes)

Coin value

01: 0.05

OK, that SAECO SG200e Vending machine seems to work fine now, but I've hit another bump.

How do I make it vend only when it's paid for?

The Coinco 9302 Coin acceptor is installed and connected to the main board.

I think the problem may be somewhere with programming, but I have no idea where to find it.

In Payment System I have Coin Validator set to Enable (Yes)

Protocol MDB

MDB Settings:

Recharge No

Max Card Load 20

Price Differ NO

Coins Enabling - YES

Alt Payout  NO

Max Change 5.00

Exact Change Policy 01

Min Tubes Level 04

Committed to Vend  Yes/No (tried both) --now it's YES

Share Address 0x40

Multivend NO

Overpay time 120

Nation Code 00001

Scaling factor 0001

Decimal Points Position 000.00

Coin value

01: 0.05

02: 0.10

03: 0.25

04: 1.00

05: 2.00

06... and up to 0.00

Free Vend Button is set to NO

Beverage price is set to Global

what else?

The manual does not even explain what all these settings mean or do.

Edited by Y2HV

You are on the right track! I can't remember exactly where but it is in the programming or maintenance options if you play around in there. It's NOT the free vend button (that is to activate the 1 time free vend button, the one below the maintenance button) that one confused me before as well. There is another menu option that says "free vend" and gives you the options of "always" or "Never". Chose never and you should be good to go.

I think that the setting you refer to is under "Time Management" -> FREE ->Always/Never  --- it is set to NEVER, but something is still missing.

I still get the No LINK message at the boot and it doesn't retain or credit coins.

The coin changer switches are set to

1-ON (Accept US and Canadian Coins)

2-OFF (Activate upper coin tube sensor)

3-ON (Accept Canadian $2.00 coins)

I think that the setting you refer to is under "Time Management" -> FREE ->Always/Never  --- it is set to NEVER, but something is still missing.

I still get the No LINK message at the boot and it doesn't retain or credit coins.

The "No Link" message at start-up means nothing as far as I can tell.  Once you choose a drink, this message disappears and the message that you program in displays again (mine says "Please Choose Drink"). This seems to come up when you unplug the coin mech, but if you have set to free vend, then coin mech is not needed.  

I don't know how to get rid of the "No Link" message - if anyone does, please post. Its not a problem, just annoying!

Thanks

Yes, I have checked the hopper and it seems to work fine. I closed it to remove and check the grinder.

It did have beans in the grinder. I cleaned them up, replaced and open the hopper - "no coffee available" error remains.

I closed and removed hopper again and new beans were in the grinder. - So, hopper works and delivers beans to the grinder (when opened).

Also please remember that hot chocolate works perfect, so the boils water and delivers it through the process -- the problem is directly related to coffee. French vanilla works when I program it without coffee as well, but it becomes unavailable as soon as I add coffee in the programming.

You need to "reset" the error message, just turning the machine off & on again does not reset the error.  Put in the blue key and start it up with the door open.  Press the middle red button inside the door to get into 'maintenance' mode. Press the 'enter' button on the front of the machine (second button from the top on the right side).  This should bring up the error message (something like 'coffee not available').  Press the 'enter' button again to clear, the machine will restart and you should be good to go, assuming you have beans and the hopper is open.

Sorry, I did not address your question.  I believe the "no link" means that it is not connected to the coin mech.  I would double check your wiring connections.  If you have another coin mech, try replacing to see if that works.

Hi - I'm new here. We bought six of these machines back in 2008 when we thought it would be a viable business for me to do from home while our daughter was a baby. Then the economy tanked and we weren't able to get placements. We had a few in locations that just kind of allowed them, but we didn't make any money on them. So now we're looking to sell them. Three of them have the bill changers, but we might take those out and try to sell them independently. We're in Phoenix. If anyone is interested, my e-mail address is winnowillatcoxdotnet. Two of them are practically unused, three had a few months of heavy usage, and one was moderately used for a few months. We have all of the parts, equipment, and manuals.

I have reset the machine several times & I tried different coin-changers.

The NO LINK message still persist.

Coin Payments work fine.

I have also installed ePort Credit Card Reader and it works as well, however I wanted to use it more tracking sales, so I would know when to service it (about every 200 sales)

the machine works now with coins and credit cards, however the online reporting only shows credit card sales.

Apparently it's a firmware bug, so now I am looking for new firmware for those machines.

The firmware version on my machines is 0.11.01

It suppose to be a eeprom chip that goes onto the main board and it updates the machine - then you remove the chip and it can be used to update others.

I know that the newest one is 0.15.12, but don't know where to get.

Could anyone help me out with finding new firmware update?

Hi Guys!

Awesome thread! Thanks, Great Dane!! You really have rocked this! Thanks to all of the others who have posted helpful things too!!

So for my own use, I just created a document to help me find content in this thread easily. It might be helpful to some others:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9aWQGidKp85cFNWaHdLTEE2ZzQ

No promises about anything! It's just how I made it for me and I'm throwing it up just in case it helps anyone else.

Some of this points to the posts to get info, and some of it has info copied in. Hopefully this doesn't rob anyone of the due credit of their posts by just giving the answers. Here is an idea: if you use info from this, you can navigate to that page and Like posts and etc. as you would have if you had read it on that page in the first place. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm a complete newbie. I purchased 4 new and 1 used machine from a secondary source.

I am not a very technical person and the instructions supplied with the new machines are in Italian.

I have a simple question- to connect water from a plastic tank in the bottom cabinet to the upper cabinet 

I guess my question is- does anyone know where i can get or purchase a video or detailed manual about how to get the machine to operate correctly?

• 2 months later...

Hello. I'm a complete newbie. I purchased 4 new and 1 used machine from a secondary source.

I am not a very technical person and the instructions supplied with the new machines are in Italian.

I have a simple question- to connect water from a plastic tank in the bottom cabinet to the upper cabinet 

I guess my question is- does anyone know where i can get or purchase a video or detailed manual about how to get the machine to operate correctly?

If you bought new machines, there should be a manual included.  If not, try:

Seaga, 700 Seaga Drive, Freeport IL 61032 815.297.9500 info@seagamfg.com

​This is the USA distributor for Saeco machines.