Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

Hello!

I have just invested in 2 used Saeco SG 200 vending machines.. I have just hooked up one of them to find it is leaking water from the heating unit.. I'm thinking maybe seals? Has anybody encountered this issue? 

Thanks!! 

It could be the seals or a cracked boiler block which happens if the unit was left outside in freezing temps.  Can you tell if the water is coming out of the seal in the middle or somewhere out the sides?  You can order either a new boiler ($220) or just the boiler kit (about $20) which has a new seal.  See link below... 

http://www.baristastore.com/product.php?productid=17537&cat=0&page=1

Good luck - I have changed a boiler once and it takes 2-3 hours.

Hello folks,

If anyone is interested, I have 2 new Saeco 200 and 2 used.  I origionally bought six machines and had plans to start a coffee business.  The timing just never worked out so if anyone here is interested in them let me know, make an offer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have reset the machine several times & I tried different coin-changers.

The NO LINK message still persist.

Coin Payments work fine.

I have also installed ePort Credit Card Reader and it works as well, however I wanted to use it more tracking sales, so I would know when to service it (about every 200 sales)

the machine works now with coins and credit cards, however the online reporting only shows credit card sales.

Apparently it's a firmware bug, so now I am looking for new firmware for those machines.

The firmware version on my machines is 0.11.01

It suppose to be a eeprom chip that goes onto the main board and it updates the machine - then you remove the chip and it can be used to update others.

I know that the newest one is 0.15.12, but don't know where to get.

Could anyone help me out with finding new firmware update?

OK, so it is my turn with the NO LINK message.  The machine was working fine, then suddenly, NO LINK.  I have replaced both boards, tried working coin changers, bill acceptors, and disconnected the card reader.  The machine will vend free, but does not accept payment of any type.

• 1 month later...

I am parting out some of my SG200 machines since we are starting to get out of the coffee vending business.  I would be happy to sell machine parts at 75% of the prices listed on the baristastore.com site.  Please email me at steven_wilson@hotmail.com if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I Have a saeco 200,
During power up non of the motors or brew group motors kick on, The machine only powers up then says no water  and no beverages a-I When i go into the maintenance it gives me error 04brew group. When i try to clear the error it fails to do so.
Any ideas on what this may be?
I have checked and replaced all the fuses too.
Unit was working for for about a month   and is a brand new machine.

Thank you!

I have three of these machines that have been operating quite well. However, one machine was getting slower and slower to heat and recently quit heating and brings up error "14" I read the comments regarding this error message and tried a temp sensor from a working machine and still received the error. The ohm meter test on the element suggests the element is fine. Any other ideas of what I should look for? 

Hi Folks, I have now sold the four SAECO coffee machines that were in perfect working order.  I now have two machines, one stand, one coin op and several cups.  These are free to anyone who wants them.  I am in Birmingham, Al.  the packing costs about $200.00 to get them on pallets securely, and the shipping costs.  You can also come get the machines.  I don't know if the machines will work, but they have all parts.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered a grinder jam problem for the saeco sg200.  I have a machine that keeps jamming once in a while.  I've tryed to clean it out and it works till it jams again.

Any suggestions would be of help.

Thanks

Hi everybody.  

I have come to the end of my run in the coffee business and I am liquidating everything I have.

What I have is:

• Four machines that have been well taken care of with two being in the field more than the other two.
  • A new brew group
  • Two new flowmeters
  • A replaced a boiler after a storage mishap at a local school event (my fault).
  • All four machines have Bill-Pro Bill Acceptors and surge protectors.
  • There is a half a case of cups and a couple thousand stir sticks that will go with them as well

I am asking $10,000 for the whole shooting match and if you live within a 500 mile radius of Columbus, Ohio, I am willing to deliver them right to you at no additional charge.

The machines have been well taken care of.  If you are interested, drop me a line at pgarey@sbcglobal.net.

All the best,

Dinnertime

HI Renatoc. I had one machine that kept jamming and finally wouldn't grind at all. For a long time, I had used a dark roast coffee and a local coffee equipment supplier felt my beans were too oily and recommended I change to a slightly lighter roast. I took it all apart, doser switch and all, cleaned it up and started using a slightly lighter roast and so far so good. He also suggested my burrs could be due for a change. I haven't been able to find any source for the burr replacement yet.

Thanks Highland,

I cleaned it all out and actually switched the settings to a less coarser grind and it seems to work well, only time will tell.

The machine has a very low coffee count so I don't think I needed to switch the burrs but if it does it again, I will change the beans to a lighter roast.

Thanks again for the advice!

You're right. I have backed off on the grind if it sounds like it is tough going but try to keep my shot time above 20 seconds. Overall pretty happy with the machines. I just had a power board failure on one and need to diagnose what failed to see if it is repairable. Board replacement seems to be close to $1000

• 5 weeks later...
On November 23, 2015 at 11:15 PM, craigrob said:

Our other issue is leaking from the steel nut directly behind the boiler. Water is coming out on the side furthest away from the boiler, where the steel nut meets an angled piece with a teflon water line attached on the other side. This issue has occurred on a low-usage machine and also on a higher-use one (close to 10K drinks). On the higher-use machine, we first noticed our drink levels dropping, then ++ water in the waste coffee bin in the past week. Fortunately, the water was spraying into the bin through the back of the machine and not all over the wiring. The boilers are really hard to work around, is there any info out there on troubleshooting issues with them? Is there an O-ring in the fittings that might have deteriorated? Could this be caused by a blockage? Both machines have been descaled recently, and the newer one developed the leak issue not long after we descaled it.

I realize this post was from a while ago, I'm curious what happened with your leaking boiler issue? I'm having a very similar problem.. 

i am in Canada as well and charge flat $2.00 for all options (8 choices) - Staff on location likes it better than their kitchen coffee at $1.50.

The only problem is that my machines often get out of order with error 005 (flowmeter)  - can't fix the damn thing no matter what I do.

Just added 2nd machine there so it would last a bit longer as I service that location ever 2 weeks (it's about 1 hr drive - so don't go there too often)

I have 4 machines and had a flow meter problem on one of them right near the beginning. I changed it under warranty and no problem since. Sounds like you should have some good returns for what you are charging. What part of Canada are you in? I'm in Calgary. 

• 3 months later...

How did you get it under warranty? Who did the service? Did you change the whole machine or just some parts (which parts)?  

The error 5 "No Flowmeter" is a nightmare to troubleshoot. I can reset it and it always comes back after few cups (random number).

I really need someone experienced on the phone or skype to help me diagnose and fix it. I have 6 machines in total and not even 1 is working reliably. I can swap parts to test it but so far, nothing helps.

2 machines work, but are not reliable as error 5 occurs after random number of cups. (firmware 0.11.01)

2 machines are virtually new but have boilers cracked so I use them for parts (firmware 0.11.01)

1 machine (firmware 0.12.01) works with Hot Chocolate and French Vanilla but when I try anything with coffee it grinds beans, and then goes Error 5 "no flowmeter" (brew-group works fine when switched to another machine), checked both pumps and they work fine as well.

Last one (firmware 0.12.01) didn't try yet as it's was used for parts by previous owner and needs to be completed first.

I do not know these machines except that the design is similar to other imported coffee machines.  This sounds like a bad flow meter because you don't get those errors for no reason.  You don't say that you have changed them out.  If you're using parts from machines that froze (cracked boilers) then the flow meters from those machines could be compromised so you should buy new ones.

I'm sorry to hear about your challenges. The lack of available service is very frustrating. I would suggest you contact a fellow at Saega - Dave Parham, 815.297.9500 ext. 132. Dave is their resident expert on the Saeco line - http://www.seaga.com/. You can also buy a new flow meter @ http://www.baristastore.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

I do all of my own service work and while learned a lot while there was service available. Since then, I purchase the parts and replace when and if needed. I have three machines, 2 of which are working fine. A component of the power board has failed on one, causing the boiler to not heat. New boards are $1000, so I am in the process of diagnosing which capacitor has failed and if I can find it, will try changing it out. 

Not sure if you are using filtered or bottled water or not, but my flow meter issues stopped when I started using bottled water rather than tap water. 

I did check all flowmeters and they look very clean, all passages are fully open and turbine spins freely. There is really nothing to it just a turbine and 2 magnets, so there is not much in it that could break like people suggest.

I just have completed the assembly of 1 machine with some parts "borrowed" from others and it seems to work well now.

Now, I can use it as reference point and test all the flowmeters to see if they will cause any errors when I install them into the working machine, although I suspect the problem is elsewhere within the circulation and the error message is not accurate to point it to the flowmeter. 

Yes, I clear the error code every time by resetting it from the maintenance menu, but it returns at different times on 3 different machines. (on 2 machines errors (05) out randomly after several cups of drinks are dispensed and 1 machine errors (05) out every time immediately after grinding when trying to make any drink containing coffee. 

Error is always the same: Code 05 - No Flowmeter.

Switching brew group or/and flowmeter with working or semi-working machine did not change the timing or the error itself.

They work on the working machine and don't work on not-working machine.

• 2 months later...

I have 5 Saeco Barista Supremo units will bill acceptors that either have never been used, or have less that 500 cups vended. I purchased from Canmax Canada and never placed the units, it was supposed to be a business for my son to start up. They are in storage in my house in NY which we are selling and I have to sell these. If anyone has any interest, please reach out. Any reasonable offer will be accepted. Thank you.