How many Pmms do you give at 50 cents?

JLM Vending

I give out 19-22 pieces for 25 cents with my 800 machines. My overhead is higher...but that really drives out the competition also.

Sounds like to me you are giving away the farm and then some. At that rate you will be broke by ...

I give out 19-22 pieces for 25 cents with my 800 machines. My overhead is higher...but that really drives out the competition also.

I would set it at 9 pcs per vend for .50 vends.

Sounds like to me you are giving away the farm and then some. At that rate you will be broke by ...

I would set it at 9 pcs per vend for .50 vends.

with u turns its tough to set reeses less than 19.

ohhhh i realized he was talking about pmm. i wonder if you make ANY profit by doing that

Im realizing how expensive pmms are. I did a calculation with Pmm being 9.69. and by giving only 5.5 pieces you are making about a 68 percent profit. But if you charged 50 cents, how many pieces would you offer?

This question comes up a lot. Its a great opportunity to remind everyone about an excellent tool have have in the downloads section. Its a spreadsheet that will calculate how much product you "should" vend to remain profitable.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I guess that would vary by occasion and location. I think in most "public" locations, say restaurants, your customers aren't going to stop and count the candy they get, and then compare it with what they recall from previous machines. I recommend sticking to the smallest "reasonable" vend, because your customers aren't going to check. This is of course my opinion, and probably not an industry standard.

I noticed that you haven't even downloaded the file. You should actually download it and try it using your own numbers. The screenshot image is just an example.

I try to keep PMM at 6-7

when I got the route he had some locs that he had set to 9-11 so I haven't changed them because they are good sellers.

I did a test and a canister was empty so I added a full bag, went back the next mounth it was empty. had $18 bucks in it

so I am doubling my money, not ideal but dont want to loose the business so for now I am leaving them as is.

when I set up new machines though I vend 6-7 and get no complaints.

My PMM here at sams are $8.88 bag

I do 5-6 so at 50c I'd take advantage and vend 9-10

If its a high traffic place 8-9 cuz no one caresif its a small body shop then 9-10 so they can keep buying

We are heading in to summer heat these days, so I was wondering if anybody is packing up the chocolates in favor of the harder, non-melting candies, for the duration.

I wouldn't vend any PMMs at .50. I'm phasing them out of my route. They're too expensive and they don't even sell as well as the less expensive candies. I had eliminated them, but a I bought part of another person's route and the machines were already stocked with PMMs. Once they're sold or stale, they're gone. I won't be selling them again.

With PMM, Im starting to feel a little bit screwed. The price has went up to almost 10 bucks, so by putting it at 5.5, im still only making like a 67 percent profit. That is far less than selling gumballs.

You know, i called oak and if you vend it at 50 cents, you will vend twice as much automatically. It will be 10 to 11. She said you can't go lower. That just sucks. With u turn, you can make them at 50 cents and have the same, they are making a new mold. I don't see why they function differently. With the rising cost of PMM, what in the heck are we going to do?

You know, i called oak and if you vend it at 50 cents, you will vend twice as much automatically.

The coin mech on an Oak has nothing to do with the portion size. You can remove the 25 cent mech and replace it with a 50 cent and you never touch the product or wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Just new to this I vend 7-8 depends on where it is resturant 7 break room barbershop ect where you have employee's using the machine also 8-9 my cost is .12 an oz. .8 oz a vend that makes 66 percent. skittles and M M I do .6 oz and that gives a nicehandful Mike and ikes cost and hot tamalies are 9 cents so I vend a .8 oz

at 9.68 a bag and your selling them .25 for 22 pieces i need to buy them from you so i can sell 4-6 at .25 you can be our new sams club.....lol

at 9.68 a bag and your selling them .25 for 22 pieces i need to buy them from you so i can sell 4-6 at .25 you can be our new sams club.....lol

LOL I misread...I thought they were talking RP's...my PMM's are at 5-6 pieces... Sorry :0

I vend 7 at .12 my cost is .084 8 1/2 cents the weight is .7 oz If One is in a garage for the Mechanics I do 8 I want them to come back often at .50 cents I would do 14-15 just see what the weight is and adjust 17 cents a vend that should be about .64 percent markup

Archived