How many Pmms do you give at 50 cents?

JLM Vending

LOL I misread...I thought they were talking RP's...my PMM's are at 5-6 pieces... Sorry :0

Where is that machine located so when I need RP fix on the cheap I can go there.

I had my RP set at 12-14 depending on who was buying them.

PMM are my best selling candy. But I do 7 per, but that is due to a type of machine I am using. One setting almost always gives 7, but anything smaller, and they vend inconsistently.

I have thought of testing a 50¢ vend, and bumping up the quantity to about 12. (Trying to shoot for 11-12 avg.) Just haven't got around to it yet.

8 to 9 per 50 cents is where to be. The number 2 setting on a NW candy wheel can vend that quantity. That equates to 4 to 4.5 pieces per quarter or 25% product cost - still a bit high, but doable in a hot MMP spot with no commissions. And if the location does not like that, they can go pound salt or maybe pound on some runts or gumballs!! At $10 per bag, "We must take evasive action, Mr. Sulu".

8 to 9 per 50 cents is where to be. The number 2 setting on a NW candy wheel can vend that quantity. That equates to 4 to 4.5 pieces per quarter or 25% product cost - still a bit high, but doable in a hot MMP spot with no commissions. And if the location does not like that, they can go pound salt or maybe pound on some runts or gumballs!! At $10 per bag, "We must take evasive action, Mr. Sulu"

They can also put in another .25 if they don't like how many they are getting.

They can put in another .25 if they don't like how many they are getting.

8 to 9 per 50 cents is where to be. The number 2 setting on a NW candy wheel can vend that quantity. That equates to 4 to 4.5 pieces per quarter

Jax is right on. Just today I bought a pack of PMM from a snack machine. Paid $1 and there were 18 pcs in the bag.

Doing the math, I paid .055¢ per piece which would be 4.5 pieces per quarter.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

It's funny though...When you pay $1 for 18 and it comes in a sealed package from the store people just accept that M&Ms are getting expensive. When you put a quarter in a bulk machine and it spits out 5 people complain. I have one location where my machine is right beside the full size snack vendor. He charges .90 for a pack and sells out. I give 7 for a quarter and they act like I'm stealing.

It's funny though...When you pay $1 for 18 and it comes in a sealed package from the store people just accept that M&Ms are getting expensive. When you put a quarter in a bulk machine and it spits out 5 people complain. I have one location where my machine is right beside the full size snack vendor. He charges .90 for a pack and sells out. I give 7 for a quarter and they act like I'm stealing.

The location will simply have to get used to this new (4 per quarter) reality!

Jax is right on. Just today I bought a pack of PMM from a snack machine. Paid $1 and there were 18 pcs in the bag.

Doing the math, I paid .055¢ per piece which would be 4.5 pieces per quarter.

Thanks for the backup caserri. I could not have sung it better myself!

I try to let people I have set my machines in now that for 75 cents they get about what they would for a buck if the bought it at the store. it has opened a few peoples eyes. I just hope it helps to open there wallets

You know what sucks? Regular M&Ms are just as expensive as PMM's. I thought that peanuts would make the PMM more expensive. I guess Mars decided to make more profit on M&M's. I am not a fan of Mars at all. I use the PMM's only because they are the most popular candy.

You know what sucks? Regular M&Ms are just as expensive as PMM's. I thought that peanuts would make the PMM more expensive. I guess Mars decided to make more profit on M&M's. I am not a fan of Mars at all. I use the PMM's only because they are the most popular candy.

Mars is looking to make as much money as they can, so we're just going to have to deal with it I'm afraid. The benefit though is that you have a very high profile name-brand candy with a multi-billion-dollar advertising campaign that's been going on for what seems like forever. In the end it's a trade off- can you justify the ever-increasing cost on your business in exchange for more vends, or change your strategy to save money? It's all up to you, but don't think for a minute that Mars has you over a barrel.

You are quite right, Performa. If you pay $9.00 for a 56 oz bag, that is about $2.50 per pound. That's really not bad. I have looked at prices, and many off brand candies are as much or more than that. I don't think I'd vend PMM's at .50, but it is an interesting idea.

Archived