Global Gumball INC? opinion on the big gumball machine

SmithVending

Hey hows it going guys,

I was interested in buying 2 of these that I found online for a good deal. Does anyone have any personal experience with these types of machines, and how they do on a route? I only use Northwestern's Triple Play, but Im considering these for a few locations.

The specs on the machine are Manufactured by "Global Gumball INC" but have beaver mechanisms.

post-3241-0-36936000-1338968261_thumb.jpg

post-3241-0-54600300-1338968283_thumb.jpg

Several years ago I had 2 of these machines on route. They were extremely difficult to locate because they had to go in a location that appealed to a young crowd. I never had any mechanical problems with them and the sales came in when I found the right location. The only downside I encountered was the amount of gumballs that I needed to make it look appealing. If you believe you can find a good location and the price is right, I'd say go for it. They look very clean and in good shape.

They sure look clean! I like the bb idea, I've seen them before with gumballs in them and the the sprial where the gb rolls down seems the get crudded up with flakes off the gb. Makes the machine look dirty.

I have a spiral, and it does just fine. Aside from some locating issues, there aren't any problems with these machines. If they don't have coin trays in the bottom, I'd suggest you get some- they are much easier to service than without. Learned that from experience.

Thanks guys for all of your replies. I ended up buying both for 250$ with 3 boxes of gumballs 2,550x .25= 637$ profit isn't bad. The downside being (it takes a lot of gumballs to fill, the crud that gets stuck in the spiral, & coin tray are a little bit of a problem. Any suggestions of how to get some of the candy that's stuck inside ?

My buddy suggested taking compressed air to it & blowing it all out.

Thanks guys for all of your replies. I ended up buying both for 250$ with 3 boxes of gumballs 2,550x .25= 637$ profit isn't bad. The downside being (it takes a lot of gumballs to fill, the crud that gets stuck in the spiral, & coin tray are a little bit of a problem. Any suggestions of how to get some of the candy that's stuck inside ?

My buddy suggested taking compressed air to it & blowing it all out.

Mine had this problem. Will.Vend advised me to take the spiral apart (not exactly easy, it takes two people) and then clean the spiral by hand. Do this once before you put it on location, and this buys you months of squeaky-clean operation.

I have no clue how to disassemble the bottom portion of the machine. Is there a manual to for these machines? I disassembled the top portion, but the lower half looks tricky... :unsure:

There should be a bolt or a wing nut that attaches it at the top. A similar attachment should be in the underside in the coin tray area. I'll see if I can find you a manual in the meantime. Good luck SmithVending!

Archived