Crazy shipping costs on bouncy balls

shepherdsflock

I contacted A&A about ordering two bags of 27mm bouncy balls, just to test the waters in a couple of locations. The price for two bags of bouncy balls came to $22.50. I thought, "Okay, that seems pretty reasonable". But then I got a shipping quote from them: $15 to ship $22.50 worth of bouncy balls! That's almost 70% shipping cost! Can anybody recommend a cheaper source of bouncy balls?

I orderd a case from A&A on monday,they quoted me 44..00 shiping for the case, I thought that was high so I ask her to check other shiping options ended up at 35.00 parcel post. So make sure you don't settle for the first quote.

I orderd a case from A&A on monday,they quoted me 44..00 shiping for the case, I thought that was high so I ask her to check other shiping options ended up at 35.00 parcel post. So make sure you don't settle for the first quote.

if you ordered a case of bouncy balls from A&A (2000 per case), when you receive the package notice how heavy that box weighs. $35 for that box is about right with today's shipping rates.

I didn't even know they had shipping options at A&A. Guess I should keep this in mind.

At least they gave you a quote! When I used to order from them I never knew what the shipping was until my card was charged. :blink:

Sent using Tapatalk 2

BB are very heavy that's why when you see a 49mm ball in a machine its a buck. It's best to order them with other product so you spread the freight cost. AA has a ups deal where they can ship 250 pounds for the same cost as 100 pounds that works out good. If you only order a box or a couple of bags freight will always kill you.

U got a call about a 45mm sale at AA any one know what the price is he didn't leave it?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

BB are very heavy that's why when you see a 49mm ball in a machine its a buck. It's best to order them with other product so you spread the freight cost. AA has a ups deal where they can ship 250 pounds for the same cost as 100 pounds that works out good. If you only order a box or a couple of bags freight will always kill you.

U got a call about a 45mm sale at AA any one know what the price is he didn't leave it?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

they told me 16 cents each

FedEx Ground and UPS Ground prices has risen dramatically over the last 6 months. I have been shipping stuff on eBay and to other members here for years and I can't believe the costs incurred for smaller packages today - making it no longer feasible to ship some stuff via the two big couriers. Heck, even priority mail via the USPS is pricey. I then discovered parcel post by the USPS! The only feasible way to ship small packages today IMHO. So maybe there is still a useful purpose for the US Postal Service after all!!!

But if you go the the post office, be prepared to wait in line for 20 or 30 minutes and then deal with a rude or unfriendly postal clerk. On my last visit, the clerk was not very helpful and a bit grumpy. I then went to lunch at a diner in the same plaza. Guess who showed up later and sat beside me at the counter? That same grumpy postal employee. Man, all he did was gripe about anything and everything! I could not wait to finish my lunch and get out of there! As Ron White once said in a skit, "He raped my ear"!

A bit off topic, but it seems like every postal employee I talk to really hates their job and can't wait to retire. The union hates the management, employees claim that the management makes stupid decisions and never consults the employees, which has led the USPS into a big mess (their words, not mine, but maybe some truth to it). I remember when a job at the USPS was a prized possession that many people wanted - my how things have changed.

FedEx Ground and UPS Ground prices has risen dramatically over the last 6 months. I have been shipping stuff on eBay and to other members here for years and I can't believe the costs incurred for smaller packages today - making it no longer feasible to ship some stuff via the two big couriers. Heck, even priority mail via the USPS is pricey. I then discovered parcel post by the USPS! The only feasible way to ship small packages today IMHO. So maybe there is still a useful purpose for the US Postal Service after all!!!

But if you go the the post office, be prepared to wait in line for 20 or 30 minutes and then deal with a rude or unfriendly postal clerk. On my last visit, the clerk was not very helpful and a bit grumpy. I then went to lunch at a diner in the same plaza. Guess who showed up later and sat beside me at the counter? That same grumpy postal employee. Man, all he did was gripe about anything and everything! I could not wait to finish my lunch and get out of there! As Ron White once said in a skit, "He raped my ear"!

A bit off topic, but it seems like every postal employee I talk to really hates their job and can't wait to retire. The union hates the management, employees claim that the management makes stupid decisions and never consults the employees, which has led the USPS into a big mess (their words, not mine, but maybe some truth to it). I remember when a job at the USPS was a prized possession that many people wanted - my how things have changed.

But you can order boxes and some shipping supplies free from the post office, and I can then print out the labels and pay for them and just drop them off. Good if you do a lot of shipping I guess. I found out about it because my father in law wants me to start liquidating his whole shop through ebay soon.

But you can order boxes and some shipping supplies free from the post office, and I can then print out the labels and pay for them and just drop them off. Good if you do a lot of shipping I guess. I found out about it because my father in law wants me to start liquidating his whole shop through ebay soon.

Good to hear some positive news for a change. Maybe the USPS can still have a place or niche in the small package shipping business. Funny how the politicians do not want to make any post office closure decisions until after the election.

But if you go the the post office, be prepared to wait in line for 20 or 30 minutes and then deal with a rude or unfriendly postal clerk. On my last visit, the clerk was not very helpful and a bit grumpy.

I have been in P.O.s like that but not the one i use now. (my P.O. box is there too)

It is very small and it is actually it's own town. Used to be a train mailstop 100 years ago. Now the whole town is the postoffice a mex restaurant and about 4 little stores. Nobody lives in that town, no police or fire or government. When I come in I am always greeted by my first name. Once after a large shipment I went back to my car and as I am closing my door I can hear my name. My teller ran out of the P.O. because I had forgotten my reciept and she wanted to give it to me.

You should see the post offices in Japan. I went there a few months ago. Most are small with three tellers. the first teller does stamps and packages, the 2nd teller does savings accounts and the 3rd teller does life insurance. This was a small PO. I have heard that in the big ones there are plush couches to sit on while you wait and a library to get soemthing to read.

I was told by the Post Office locally that they could not ship my package. It was one of these heavy Munch Box Machines in a box I had built to fit it, without the stand. The lady at the counter explained that some things just can't be shipped, and are never shipped, and just have to "stay where they are". So, lesson learned- if it's larger than a breadbox, it is beyond Mankind's power to move it from one place to another. Give me a break. This is the same lady that charged me $22.50 to ship a plastic collectors mug to St. Louis. To say I dislike the USPS is an understatement, but I haven't fared any better anywhere else so I can't really say which service stinks the least. I'm bitter about the whole process.

Got my bouncy balls today, the parcel post shipping was 38.00 so I still saved 6 bucks going that route.

Archived