Royal Vs Bevmax Glassfront. Which do you prefer and Why?

I have been using Vendo Vues for the last 7 years, I have 20 of them that I will be replacing over the next several years. What glass front vendors do you prefer and why? What do you dislike and like about the machines. Thanks for your help.

I have been using Vendo Vues for the last 7 years, I have 20 of them that I will be replacing over the next several years. What glass front vendors do you prefer and why? What do you dislike and like about the machines. Thanks for your help.

I've worked a lot with glassfront vendors over the last 5 years, many through third party program with Coke. The Vendo Vue's when they first came out were a nightmare to operate with never ending problems. About 2 years into the production Vendo finally got them pretty much figured out and corrected, Those with the updates are fairly decent machines and I don't have many problems with them. The biggest drawback is that a single dropped bottle will probably put it out of service. The best thing about it, it is the only machine with a FIFO capability.

Next up are the DN5000 series that DN made for Coke, the ones with the elevator and belt drive delivery. I have found those to be more reliable than the Vendo's. The drawback with these is the single gate to release the drinks. Smaller size containers can double vend resulting in extra bottle(s) remaining on the belt and causing a jam at the door or delivery of the wrong product to the customer. It is also fairly easy to get bottles to fall out of the shelf if the machine is shaken. Also no FIFO capability, if you want to rotate product then you have to pull them out and put the new one in and replace the ones you pulled out.

Finally the BevMax, got one of those from Coke and I liked it so much I have since purchased 5 of them. They are great machines, the only problem I have had with them in over 3 years is a cup sensor in one of them went bad on me. I am vending everything from 10oz. juice to 23oz Arizona Tea with no problems. The double gate makes it virtually impossible to shake bottles off of the shelf. Again the biggest drawback is the lack of a FIFO capability.

Don't have any direct experience with the Royal Glassfronts to share with you.

The Royal Visions were awesome when I used them in the past. As Mission was saying though, they don't have a FIFO capability (well technically they do... but I never pulled the trays out in fear of causing some kind of a jam when trying to put them back in).

I have never used a Vendo Vue at all but I can tell you that I agree with much of Mission's statements. I have worked on the belt-driven DN glassfronts and those things weren't super reliable I currently have a single BevMax 2/3 that I just had refurbished and the only issues with those are that the sensors act up and need to be replaced after a while and, if the gates get sticky, the pusher cannot vend the product out... creating a brilliant display of mechanics as the machine tries to vend nothing (mine does not have a cup sensor, just a port sensor). BevMax solved one of my problems by putting a cup sensor in the actual cup.

The Royal Visions really only had 2 issues in the past. Firstly, the entire cup assembly and the moving parts in general could snag one of the wires that went to the cup sensor and would ultimately yank the sensor wire right out of the cup! This would cause the machine to keep trying to vend bottles until you had 1 bottle in the cup, one bottle leaning against the cup, and 1 bottle falling somewhere down at the bottom of the machine, causing a serious jam. I was told by another vendor that Royal fixed this problem by allowing users to replace the entire assembly and sort of sealing the wiring off a little bit to prevent the wires from being yanked out and allowing for an easy fix if they happened to come out. The second issue with the Visions was that the "twisty thing" that the cup had to turn to pull the product out would get worn out and make it very difficult to vend product out. I don't know if they solved this problem but this would never cause jams, it would just cause the machine to ask you to make another selection.

Overall, Royal Visions are still my favorite due to their overall reliability (after all, those Royals went through hell before needing some major work, while the BevMax has caused a few snags without working nearly as hard), but I don't want to deny the BevMax's capabilities either.

I honestly haven't done research on parts for the Royal Visions but if they were just as easy to get parts for as the BevMax's are, I would go for the Vision myself.

My pick is the BevMax 4. Here in Phoenix, Arizona, both Coke and Pepsi have standardized on the model for all new glassfront installations, so this says a lot about the reliability of the machines.

The biased bevmax agent strikes again! What does that bring the bevmax related post-count up to now... at least 15/20? Notice his base for his claim is strictly "They use the bevmax in location X so it must mean that it is more reliable." without considering contractual reasoning rather than reliability reasoning.

The biased bevmax agent strikes again! What does that bring the bevmax related post-count up to now... at least 15/20? Notice his base for his claim is strictly "They use the bevmax in location X so it must mean that it is more reliable." without considering contractual reasoning rather than reliability reasoning.

Well, everywhere I have been, it seems that the BevMax 4 has more widespread adoption by Coke and Pepsi bottlers nationwide. Consider that Royal has historically been Coke's preferred vending machine manufacturer, yet Coke bottlers nationwide have apparently ordered more BevMax 4s than they have of Royal Visions. Here in Arizona, very rarely do you see a non-Royal conventional bubble-front Coke machine, plus Royal has Coke's exclusive contract for their touchscreen vending machine. But for glassfronts, the D-N BevMax 4 is used for all the newest installations.

For Pepsi, I have never actually seen a Pepsi-owned Royal Vision at all, only BevMax 1/2/3/4 and Vendo Vue. Here in Arizona, Pepsi is phasing out the Vendo Vue due to a disastrous experience with them and is replacing most of them with D-N BevMax 4s or conventional bubble-front machines.

I really don't think Coke and Pepsi bottlers nationwide are choosing the BevMax 4 for contractural reasons; they are choosing it because it is the best of the three glassfronts available.

Well, everywhere I have been, it seems that the BevMax 4 has more widespread adoption by Coke and Pepsi bottlers nationwide. Consider that Royal has historically been Coke's preferred vending machine manufacturer, yet Coke bottlers nationwide have apparently ordered more BevMax 4s than they have of Royal Visions. Here in Arizona, very rarely do you see a non-Royal conventional bubble-front Coke machine, plus Royal has Coke's exclusive contract for their touchscreen vending machine. But for glassfronts, the D-N BevMax 4 is used for all the newest installations.

For Pepsi, I have never actually seen a Pepsi-owned Royal Vision at all, only BevMax 1/2/3/4 and Vendo Vue. Here in Arizona, Pepsi is phasing out the Vendo Vue due to a disastrous experience with them and is replacing most of them with D-N BevMax 4s or conventional bubble-front machines.

I really don't think Coke and Pepsi bottlers nationwide are choosing the BevMax 4 for contractural reasons; they are choosing it because it is the best of the three glassfronts available.

Are you trying to say that Coke has a substantial contract with Royal's bubble-front machines because they are far superior to DN or Vendo's bubble-front machines and not due to a contractual reason that may lead to cheaper equipment costs?

Are you trying to say that Coke has a substantial contract with Royal's bubble-front machines because they are far superior to DN or Vendo's bubble-front machines and not due to a contractual reason that may lead to cheaper equipment costs?

Apparently, Coke seems to prefer them, otherwise they wouldn't have given them the exclusive contract to make their touchscreen machine. And this is not just in Arizona; Royal has long dominated Coke's fleet of vending machines nationwide.

As for Pepsi, it seems that D-N has the most widespread distribution for both bubble-fronts and glassfronts. In western states, Pepsi also has a lot of Vendo machines. Pepsi-owned Royal machines, however, are mostly confined to the Northeast and Puerto Rico.

Apparently, Coke seems to prefer them, otherwise they wouldn't have given them the exclusive contract to make their touchscreen machine. And this is not just in Arizona; Royal has long dominated Coke's fleet of vending machines nationwide.

As for Pepsi, it seems that D-N has the most widespread distribution for both bubble-fronts and glassfronts. In western states, Pepsi also has a lot of Vendo machines. Pepsi-owned Royal machines, however, are mostly confined to the Northeast and Puerto Rico.

So are the Vendo's, Royal's, and DN's more or less reliable depending on the area that they are located in? After all, your claim regarding the bevmax's reliability is that it is more common in Arizona so it must be more reliable. With that mindset, you are also saying that Royals are more reliable in areas that they are used, as are Vendos and DNs.

Is it a reliability issue or something else? I think I have already made my point. Until you provide actual testimony to the usage of the equipment and display a level of experience that would justify such testimony, your posts will remain completely biased in my eyes and give very little help to the people in this forum that are looking for real-world knowledge on these machines.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My suspicion is that the original poster was seeking information based on actual operating experiences.

That's correct. I really am intrested in operators personal experiences with the machines.

Archived