Summer Hobbies?

PerformaVending

A few days ago my job (the retail one, not the vending one) added a requirement for all of the cashiers- we're now to inquire what activities our hobbies our guests are doing this summer so as to "suggest" products to them. It's part of their program. This got me thinking, what are the rest of you doing for fun this summer besides Vending?

Personally, I have a model 1:72 scale FW 200 bomber to finish from this winter (THIS). It's a big project, maybe I'll get it done before it snows again.

But, enough about me- what are the rest of you up to for fun this summer?

A few days ago my job (the retail one, not the vending one) added a requirement for all of the cashiers- we're now to inquire what activities our hobbies our guests are doing this summer so as to "suggest" products to them. It's part of their program. This got me thinking, what are the rest of you doing for fun this summer besides Vending?

Personally, I have a model 1:72 scale FW 200 bomber to finish from this winter (THIS). It's a big project, maybe I'll get it done before it snows again.

But, enough about me- what are the rest of you up to for fun this summer?

I used to build models a lot when I was a kid, even to when I first started college. Once in a while when I'm at the local Hobby Lobby, I check out the models they have available. Most seem to be of the snap-together variety and hold no interest to me. I have no interest in the car kits either. The military planes, ships and space ships hold all the interest for me. I've noticed that the cost of a plastic model kit can reach to $15 for the little ones and $60-$100 for the great big ones like the Constitution. I've thought about getting back into it again, but buying all the related paraphernalia seems cost prohibitive.

Will be golfing... Early morning tee times... With a chance of a nap in the afternoons... Looking at r/c trainer plane... And thinking of getting into flying a little, my dads been flying them for years... and has a lot of fun...

Will be golfing... Early morning tee times... With a chance of a nap in the afternoons... Looking at r/c trainer plane... And thinking of getting into flying a little, my dads been flying them for years... and has a lot of fun...

You got a like this just for the "With a chance of a nap in the afternoons" I love those

Jumping in the storage unit auction business. Bought my first unit and now selling "the goods". Trying to make a profit. This is another step on the road to self employment. All financed with bulk vending profits of course.

Fixing my house up so I can sell.

Getting married in September(yes again)(I know I know). Looking forward to it. 3rd times a charm.

Doesn't really qualify as a hobby, but have about 2.5 miles of fence to replace this summer along with installing a couple of new deer blinds and doing some major work on the cabin. My fun time comes beginning dove season (sept), followed by deer and duck season as well as all year open season on exotics and wild pig.

Lets see, hobbies.

Probably my most consistent hobby is bike riding. Just love to get out and ride.

Some weight lifting, though I haven't been really doing this for the past few months, and need to get back in shape.

I am a compulsive reader. About a decade ago I forced myself to limit the subjects I read. It is a running joke that my Wife and Daughter fear going into a bookstore with me.

I used to belong to our local library, and University library. The local library was interconnected, so you could drop off books at any of the libraries, but made the mistake of assuming it was connected to the University, and started dropping books off in each others bins.

Eventually the local library told me I had too many overdue books out, and that was when I found out they were not connected. They located all the University books, and I took them to the University, and picked up the local books, and dropped them off at the local library.

I know the University gave me a fine over $100, and can't remember what the local one was. (It was up there.) But I never paid it. (This was the late 80's) And haven't checked out books again. Okay, that's not quite true. When my daughter got a library card, I started checking out books in her name. (I'm a bad person.) That stopped by the time she was in jr. High.

Let's see. I do play computer games. Warcraft. Starcraft. Diablo. This goes back to Ultima, and later Bards Tale. (Early 80's games.)

I'm a Magician. (Hence the name The Mage.) Which combined with my interest in computers, role playing games, and the fact that I know why the Sith lightsabers are red, I guess that makes the UberNerd hat trick.

I also am keeping a journal of ideas for humorous videos I am planning on making, and posting onto YouTube. I have already investing in a camera, and editing software for this, but it is on the back burner for now. So I guess an idea, and not a hobby. (I have a timeline for this, but won't start into it until my current "project" is running smooth.)

My main hobbies, that take up all of my time, include reading The Mage's novella posts, administering TVF, Fishing (I can't do this as often as I would like due to my previously mentioned hobbies) and time with family.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

My main hobbies, that take up all of my time, include reading The Mage's novella posts, administering TVF, Fishing (I can't do this as often as I would like due to my previously mentioned hobbies) and time with family.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

You usually post via Tapatalk 2 so i am assuming you are on the go, they don't have cell access out on the lake/pond/river? :blink:

You usually post via Tapatalk 2 so i am assuming you are on the go, they don't have cell access out on the lake/pond/river? :blink:

Eh, you got me. I should have just said I don't have as much time to fish as I would like. There's only 24 hours in a day. ;)

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Recently I've taken up road biking, heading out 15-25 miles per trip. I hope to build up enough endurance to ride a "century" or 100 miles. There's several local century rides around where I live. Also, just keeping up with the wife and 3 kids is a hobby in and of itself. :)

Training for a half-Ironman triathlon that will be held in August, then actually competing in it.

Now that is quite the hobby! That's some real exercise. Already working up a sweat from reading your post. I pretty much do the couch triathlon with the Wii (video game) ;D

Good Luck! Hope you win. Just placeing is a accomplishment.

• 2 weeks later...

I have so many things to do that I need to retire so I can fit them all in - taking the Boy Scouts to camp next week, have a BIG fireworks shoot , fly R/C planes, just started in high-power rocketry (only flown to 5,000' so far), fix the water pump on my racing kart and get it back on the track, work on my steam engine (http://www.trainplaneandcardude.blogspot.com/), go to a few sprint car races to cheer on my favorite team (http://www.fnfracing.com/) and figure out how to make a stupid gumball wheel for a Vendstar.

I have so many things to do that I need to retire so I can fit them all in - taking the Boy Scouts to camp next week, have a BIG fireworks shoot , fly R/C planes, just started in high-power rocketry (only flown to 5,000' so far), fix the water pump on my racing kart and get it back on the track, work on my steam engine (http://www.trainplan...e.blogspot.com/), go to a few sprint car races to cheer on my favorite team (http://www.fnfracing.com/) and figure out how to make a stupid gumball wheel for a Vendstar.

You're building a train? Wow. I've never heard of anything like that before!

I recently (re)started my old BBS. If you know how to use an ANSI-BBS Telnet term program like SyncTERM or mTelnet, then give my BBS a call: telnet://cyberia.darktech.org.

Wot? You thought people didn't have any interests outside of Vending?

Archived