help::? dixie narco 7up

TKK

Hi guys my location with the 7up machine called me. Got there and the machine wasn't taking coins or dollars. I open it and it has a new brass colored validator which always has a red light on the right side and this time the left side was on too. I tried presenting it and nothing. Connected and disconnected it again and again and the coin mech. O check the Cokes and they are HOT they weren't cold. I checked and the fan behind the compressor was working fine. I unplugged the whole machine and reconnected it compressor had a small ticking noise. The coin mech started working and bills too. It was vending good but hot Cokes. Went back an hour later still working but still hot. I unplugged it and left it unplugged. What do u think it can be there's not many vending machine savy ppl here.

Hi guys my location with the 7up machine called me. Got there and the machine wasn't taking coins or dollars. I open it and it has a new brass colored validator which always has a red light on the right side and this time the left side was on too. I tried presenting it and nothing. Connected and disconnected it again and again and the coin mech. O check the Cokes and they are HOT they weren't cold. I checked and the fan behind the compressor was working fine. I unplugged the whole machine and reconnected it compressor had a small ticking noise. The coin mech started working and bills too. It was vending good but hot Cokes. Went back an hour later still working but still hot. I unplugged it and left it unplugged. What do u think it can be there's not many vending machine savy ppl here.

Well if the coin mech and DBV are working then we are down to the refrigeration unit. The small ticking noise is probably the starter. Could be a weak starter or compressor has locked up internally and is ready for the scrap heap.

Why would they both mess up tho

Probably electrical surge -either from the compressor failing, or external (such as a lightening strike).

It would be the most likely reason for both failing simultaneously.

Feel the compressor. If it is very hot and not running you may have a burnt out starting relay, start winding bad, run capacitor or compressor is locked up. The ticking may be the compressor start relay (under $20.00) It applies power to both the start and run windings on a call for cooling. After compressor starts, the starting relay drops out the start winding inside the compressor and compressor runs. If compressor starts and runs for a few seconds then quits, you may have a bad run capacitor Very common to fail after surge/lightning

If by chance you have a meter you can "OHM" out the compressor. If not, you can get a cheap electrical meter for around $15.00. A must have for testing vending switches and power problems.

To test your compressor, First make sure power is off...there is three leads that supply power to compressor. They should be white/Yellow, Black, and Red or other colors. Make a diagram where these leads connect on your unit and then disconnect them.You will need a multi-meter to check ohms of resistance. White/Yellow is usually the common lead...attach one meter lead to it...now touch other meter lead to black lead...should read somewhere between 1 to 4 ohms...now touch the meter lead to the red wire...should read somewhere between 3 to 7 ohms...next read from white/yellow lead to side of compressor...if you get any reading then compressor is grounded and needs to be replaced...if you get no reading there, reconnect lead and see if compressor will run...if it will not then if could be possible capacitor is bad...on some units they have start assist capacitors this could be bad also..replace these and see if compressor runs...if it will not run it will need to be replaced..if it does run use an amp meter and check load amps of compressor.

If compressor is within .5-7 ohms and no grounding, you may be able to put a hard start kit in there. It give the compressor a little extra kick to get started.

This may be a little technical but if you get a hang of it, it will save you a lot of bucks. Just remember to get the right start relay or capacitor as they are different on most compressor decks.

thanx a bunch i called a guy who works for pepsi. he said that if the compressor was hot that its locked up and they are sealed. so..he said the ticking was the compressor trying to run but it was already seized. he charged me

$230 he put a whole deck looked like new im sure refurbished or something, took like 15 min. its cold now. the outlet was plugged into an extension chord which he removed he said that makes it work alot harder. he put it on setting 3 to cool.he kept the other unit

Please $230.00 is a cheap swap. No ones getting ripped off here. I wish customers would keep their old broken units as It costs money to dispose of them legally. There is no way he is putting in a new compressor and getting rich at $230.00. You got a good deal

Hey dog cow what does your route consist of?

full line , honor box and amusement games. thinking by the end of this year

imay sell off my fu;ll line route and invest the money to expand the game route

well just had a refrig deck blow, i guess summer is oficially here. here's hoping this one is just a t-stat

Me too, just spent a couple of hours pulling a deck out of a machine in storage and putting it in the machine on location.

Archived