Is there a way to set 1800's to vend with tokens instead of coins?

kandyking

I have a potential client who is a childrens dentist office. They are willing to buy 1"caps from me at $.25 each but want to be able to give them away to kids by giving them a token instead of a coin. They do not like the concept of money exchanging hands. Any idea of what I can do to set this to free vend or find coin mechs that take tokens or find tokens that are the same size as quarters?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

I suppose that depends on what the 1800 mechs do with standard Arcade tokens. I know from experience that the old PEPSI tokens from a manufacturer called "American Token Co." will go through a Vendstar just fine. Good thing they aren't all that common around here anymore. I'd look up some token manufacturers and get some quotes.

Im not real familar with 1800 mechs but most mechs will free vend by removing the coin pawl. as far as tokens go..all tokens are slightly larger than a quarter to prevent them being used as quarters, I have taken a dremel and widened the coin wheel to accepts tokens. this might be your best bet because what would prevent the kids from making 2 or more turns of the wheel?

Archived