anybody have six flags or amusement parks?

TKK

I saw a guy at six flags servicing. He told me its how he makes a living. He said he has 20 bottleachines there and it makes him about 9,000 a month after commission. I saw the prices were all 3.50 a coke or powerade. I asked how much he pays he said he's supposed to pay 2 per sold bottle and makes 1.50 gross each coke. But he smiled and said there's no counters on these machines so I don't pay to the cent. Don't wanna say which six flags but I'm sure they are a gold mine. Anyone have any good places like this and how's it like commission wise etc.

We set up a RV park connected with Disney in Anaheim. The machines are serviced daily pulling about $340 from 2 drinks 2 snacks and a frozen food machine each visit. The commission is very high but so is the pricing.

They really charge a lot for food and beverages. I do notice the extreme lack of public drinking fountains and I have been to some that say "water not for drinking" in the bathrooms. I would think the water that you wash your face and hands with would be potable water.

A little bit of information for the six flags question:

Six Flags Entertainment Corp. is the world's largest amusement park corporation based on quantity of properties and the fifth most popular in terms of attendance.[2] The company maintains 14 properties located throughout North America, including theme parks, thrill parks, water parks and family entertainment centers. In 2009, Six Flags properties hosted 23.9 million guests.[3]

The company was founded in Texas and took its name from its first property, Six Flags Over Texas. The company maintains a corporate office in Midtown Manhattan, New York City and its headquarters are in Grand Prairie, Texas. On June 13, 2009, the corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection[4] and successfully exited the restructuring 11 months later on May 3, 2010.[5]

I know that Cedar Fair (who own both Cedar Point, Kings Island, and many others) take care of all of their own vending within the parks. They have hundreds of machines in the park and I can only imagine how much money they are making daily

A big independent operator runs pretty much all the machines in the Wisconsin Dells- Vacationland Vending. He's got pretty much every hotel locked into some contract, and these resort hotels make a fortune. 16oz coke from a glass-front by the indoor wave pool can set you back $3.00 easy. I'd imagine his commissions are insane but his profits must be nuts too.

Archived