Vending Marbles?

BobTHJ

I'm short on machines with gumball wheels (almost all my machines are all-candy wheel triples), so I've been pondering ways to bring down my COGS and increase sales without refitting a bunch of vendstars with gumball wheels that are more expensive than the entire machine. Has anyone tried vending marbles? After a quick internet search I found bags of 100 marbles for sale for $1.99 each, that's $0.02 each. I bet you could get a better price if you buy in bulk cases. With a wheel set to dispense 3-5 marbles per vend, you could potentially get this in the $0.05 to $0.06 per vend range (better than most candy). The question is, do you think kids would buy them? Would this be asking for a lawsuit (choking hazard)?

Boy... thinking as a location would- this product has a triple threat. First, the obvious choking hazard, but a sticker can theoretically fix that. Second, the tripping hazard. If some kid puts some marbles on the floor, and someone falls, the location would have to pin that on you or be liable themselves. I can't see any manager going for that bet. Lastly, if you are dealing with common glass marbles, you'll note these are easily broken without too much of a drop. They would be dropped eventually, and then you have broken glass to contend with. I'm sorry to rain on this idea Bob, but I don't see a good way to implement it as is. Marbles, though inexpensive, are just a little too dangerous.

This of course is only my opinion.

besides all the issues performa listed...

the dental repair bills for chipped teeth and broken fillings

customers are as dumb as a 3 year old, choking hazard... etc they will mistake them for gumballs and pop them in their mouths

broken fillings = lost location..

That's what I get for trying to think outside the box at 1AM. Thanks for all the good points - I'll avoid the litigous world of marble vending.

I did just get a case of 1/2" gumballs in - plan to start vending those this week in a few machines.

That's what I get for trying to think outside the box at 1AM.

It appears as if you've lost your marbles! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Archived