Non Brand Name Candy

lowcountry Dan

I know that profit is the name of the game in business. I have considered using non brand name candy, due to the increased prices of PMM's and Reese's pieces, etc. I'm sure all of you have seen Nitwitz and Sour Apple types of candies in grocery stores. Does anyone use some of these non brand name candies to increase their profit margin?

I traded Runts for some knockoff versions from A&A and sales actually went up for me in a few cases. However I've heard that substituting name brand chocolate for off-brand chocolate isn't a good idea. I believe dperry has some experiences with sixlets in the back posts, but I don't recall where right now. I have all but dropped M&M's from my route due to the cost.

I know that profit is the name of the game in business. I have considered using non brand name candy, due to the increased prices of PMM's and Reese's pieces, etc. I'm sure all of you have seen Nitwitz and Sour Apple types of candies in grocery stores. Does anyone use some of these non brand name candies to increase their profit margin?

We tried dog bonz over runts and it was hit or miss. We have since went back with what the people know and sales have increased. One big thing to remember these multi billion dolar companies invest in brand recognition. Let them do the hard part for you. look for foot traffic and better deals on the name brand products.

Archived