Challenger Candy Crane

havending

<QUOTE>

bill, thanks for trying to help,

and all respects to you i would never contact or do business with a company who sees a call on the phone as wasting their day, not some arrogant ego trip on my part but my time is just as valuable and my money is just as green...

I thought AGE was defunct out of business who would sue someone for sharing the manual with me, I do afterall own the crane.

What I meant was this is the same as calling Sony and asking for help with a Betamax VCR  they haven't  sold one in 30 years

Anyway that's why I mentioned emailing them so they could respond in their non busy time and you could send pictures etc.

here is pictures of where the power supply is located on all challenger cranes I have ever worked on or owned

I have never seen one with a jamma harness    looks  a first generation or prototype using 110 volts for motors

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after more research and looking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUMBO-SKILL-CRANE-PCB-LED-BOARD-S-M-MANUFACTURING-1989-/281169459496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4177017928

this looks like your board and its dated 1989   it looks like a greyhound clone with the 110 volt going to the motors

here it is again  marked age 1993

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-AGC-INC-CRANE-MPU-pcb-board-145-/151242135588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2336bbd824

so its a very old AGE crane 

before they changed over to external power supply... and different voltage motors etc.

and more stable outputs

I can see why both of these boards have smoked transistors 

and a lot of re-work done to keep them alive 

parts and even motherboard parts are going to be hard to find

bill

do any of you know what the 24" toy chests are running new and if any body knows what they are used or any advice on them. 

Exact same guts as a 31" but shorter rails on the gantry etc. Have no idea what they sell for used or new.I would guess though new with a DBA $2200, I think the 31" are at $2400

• 1 month later...

HI - we recently acquired one of these machines, and we would like to know how to program it? Can someone help us with this?

i've emailed S&B toys for a manual but they have not sent it to me. If someone could send us a manual, or tell us how to program, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

• 7 months later...

I have a challenger that is approximately 12 years old. It has worked excellent until this week when a white plastic looking tube fell out - appears to may have been snapped in two. The crane does not operate. The plastic tubing is about 1/16" in diameter and appears to have been folded or threaded through something as the tubing is someone shaped (with age) like an "s" in one part.

Any suggestions? The manual suggests maybe a poly belt or one of the drive belts? If so, any ideas or know what I can use in replacement. S&B has not answered any of my emails.

Thanks in advance

I have a challenger that is approximately 12 years old. It has worked excellent until this week when a white plastic looking tube fell out - appears to may have been snapped in two. The crane does not operate. The plastic tubing is about 1/16" in diameter and appears to have been folded or threaded through something as the tubing is someone shaped (with age) like an "s" in one part.

Any suggestions? The manual suggests maybe a poly belt or one of the drive belts? If so, any ideas or know what I can use in replacement. S&B has not answered any of my emails.

Thanks in advance

Not sure what that is.  Any photos?   

• 6 months later...

I just purchased 7 of these machines. One of them had been broken into, so it will be a parts machine.

I saw that S & B posted a manual for the machine, but it is very limited. The main boards these have is the Rev J2.0.

I've got the volume control, rope-light control, price-per-credit setting, and claw strength adjustments down. I also think I have the time limit setting set (SW1 = position number times 10 seconds and SW2 = position times 1 second  [i.e. SW1=2 & SW2=5 results in a 25 second time limit]).

I am having trouble with the play-til-you-win selection. Right now this machine is only one play per credit and I would like to make it play till you win. 

Any help out there?

• 1 year later...

I took matters into my own hands. ;D

I designed a direct-swap replacement board for the AGE Challenger Candy Crane. This board uses a high-speed microcontroller and is easily programmed using a push-button menu.

I'll post a classified ad when I have some assembled and ready for shipping.

I took matters into my own hands. ;D

I designed a direct-swap replacement board for the AGE Challenger Candy Crane. This board uses a high-speed microcontroller and is easily programmed using a push-button menu.

I'll post a classified ad when I have some assembled and ready for shipping.

Very cool, I was going to do that but in a low tech get it working way, do you have a guess at pricing? 

will it play a tune like the original?

thanks

the13bats@aol.com

• 2 months later...

Hope someone can help me with this machine it is one of the play till you win units.

I am uploading pics so someone can maybe give me some information on the units setting and how to change somethings on it.

And would like to know where to find belts for it so when they go I have ones that will get it back and running.

Also have uploaded a picture of the wires for the speaker that has no sound and I do not find any switch or button or knob.

Thank you for any help and your time

Store 018.jpg

Store 017.jpg

Store 016.jpg

• 1 month later...

Have the unit up and running very well right now just need new belts because they don't have much life left in them.

Speaker was bad so sound is now working great. Also found a manual for the unit that helped me a lot.

So all I can say is don't give up on one of these little crane units. If anyone needs some help let me know will do what I can and won't give you the run around on information.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 10/26/2016 at 3:42 PM, penguink69 said:

Hope someone can help me with this machine it is one of the play till you win units.

I am uploading pics so someone can maybe give me some information on the units setting and how to change somethings on it.

And would like to know where to find belts for it so when they go I have ones that will get it back and running.

Also have uploaded a picture of the wires for the speaker that has no sound and I do not find any switch or button or knob.

Thank you for any help and your time

Store 018.jpg

Store 017.jpg

Store 016.jpg

I have this board,  what is the fuse type and amperage on the board, mine is missing.

fuse type i.e. reg blow, slow blow etc.  volt and amps.  its the F2 slot I believe hidden in your photo

behind the ribbons.      ANY MANUALS IN PDF OR PHYSICAL FORM?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived