Anybody recognize this mint machine?

Rick

Anybody have any experience with these? One side dispenses only peppermint patties and you can put whatever you want in the other side. I can get my hands on 17 of these plus 8 cast-iron stands for $300 total. They're new in the box. Seems like a solid deal, but I'm not sure what I'm getting into because I've never seen them. Thoughts appreciated!

5Nb5E25W33Kd3G13I4c68c76d178a160414a6.jpg

5I45La5G23K63I33Ncc68caaa43b9203b1283.jpg

They look cool. I've heard patties are hard to come by that fit in the machines and that the price is high. I don't know. I had the chance to buy a couple and held off for those reasons. I think they look cool and would buy from one if I saw it.

The machines look like Candy King brand machines. Peppermint patties are a real trouble product for a number of reasons, firstly the cost continues to rise, making a 25 cent vend harder to work with, and then the packaging. York patties have different packaging now so they won't even fit in the cylinders. I think there are conversion kits to vend other things, but that seems like a lot of trouble and expense. I'd walk away from this one, but that's just me.

The machines look like Candy King brand machines. Peppermint patties are a real trouble product for a number of reasons, firstly the cost continues to rise, making a 25 cent vend harder to work with, and then the packaging. York patties have different packaging now so they won't even fit in the cylinders. I think there are conversion kits to vend other things, but that seems like a lot of trouble and expense. I'd walk away from this one, but that's just me.

See, that was my suspicion as well! With the bulky foil wrappers they're using on York patties it seems to me that the product would get hung up in the dispenser pretty regularly. Cool idea and they look nice - but I'm worried about the execution. Sure would like to hear from somebody that's actually owned a few of these.

I've seen these on craigslist a few times. For me, I don't like that you're limited on what you can vend (if they even fit and are profitable at .25). If they don't sell or it gets stuck by a window and they keep melting, you're still stuck trying to make them work.

I've heard York patties sell VERY well so I'm not all concerned about the product. They cost roughly 16 cents per; it's still 64% markup so that passes the eyeball test. Only thing I'm concerned about is how well the machine will actually vend them.

Aha! I'm a bookmark hoarder, I knew I still had it somewhere! Here's the link: HERE. That's the manufacturer of the conversion kits, and here's the

to the YouTube video. I'm not familair with "Pearson's Mints" but if you were to go ahead with these machines, this could be helpful. Good luck Rick!

Archived