With other vendors from vendiscuss

lurtsman

I tend to be much more trusting of people I meet on vendiscuss than on other random locations. Would you ever consider selling a machine to someone in another state in exchange for something like 20 to 40 bucks plus the coins in the machine? Would you trust others to be honest? I don't trust everyone that way, but I've found the vast majority of people on vendiscuss to be very trust worthy and regularly mail out machines and parts to them with the agreement that they will pay after receiving and inspecting the part. I have always received the payments on time and in full.

I'm considering this because I have some fairly cheap machines, and some fairly slow locations. I'm debating leaving a GB single in the location for 8 to 12 months (with them understanding that I will be away and someone will replace me), and then selling it to another vendor for a bargain price on the machine and his word that he is including the total value of the coins in the machine.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I really don't know. Trusting someone else is always a risky business, especially if you won't be there to see them. While I like to think most people are good and honest, there are always bad ones out there, and they seem to be right where you least expect them.

I think the locations would be fine with this as long as they didn't have to "do" anything. The moment a location has to become involved with a vending machine, things get sour real quick.

I wish you the best of luck Lurts!

I tend to be much more trusting of people I meet on vendiscuss than on other random locations. Would you ever consider selling a machine to someone in another state in exchange for something like 20 to 40 bucks plus the coins in the machine? Would you trust others to be honest? I don't trust everyone that way, but I've found the vast majority of people on vendiscuss to be very trust worthy and regularly mail out machines and parts to them with the agreement that they will pay after receiving and inspecting the part. I have always received the payments on time and in full.

I'm considering this because I have some fairly cheap machines, and some fairly slow locations. I'm debating leaving a GB single in the location for 8 to 12 months (with them understanding that I will be away and someone will replace me), and then selling it to another vendor for a bargain price on the machine and his word that he is including the total value of the coins in the machine.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I certainly liked to see that the TVF members take care of business. However it is one thing for someone to settle up on a agreed upon amount and another to take someone's word on how much money was in the machine they took over.

Based on your previously stated experiences I'd venture that your odds are better than even that you will get your money but you are still taking some risk. If you accept that amount of risk then why not?

Archived