(New guy here) need some help/info on these machines

JDVENDING

I would like to see if somebody could help a new guy out here and give me some info on these machines. I will be going on vacation tomorrow for 5 days were these machines are located and was wondering if it would be worth my time to go look at them. If they are worth my time what should I be looking for and what kind of questions should I be asking the seller.. If i were to purchase them I know the first thing to go would be the stand. Other than that I'm clueless because this will be the start of my Bulk vending adventure.

Here is what the add states and here are the not so good craigs list pics.

"These are four Oak single head vending machines. One is for for gum balls. One is for a 1 inch toy, capsuls etc. The other two are for balk candy" $75

post-4589-0-76033200-1339658495_thumb.jpg

post-4589-0-41886800-1339658503_thumb.jpg

I'd buy it at 75 and not insult him by offering 40 or trying to trade a used candy wrapper. Unless they are in terrible condition it is easily worth 75. You could take it home, paint it, and toss it on Ebay for 150 and have a free location. (I occasionally get offers that are one third what the thing sells for in the used market and I just click "report as spam" then delete the message)

All right, thanks for the input. Check the mechanisms ( I'm assuming I looking to make sure nothing's hung up and broken) , make sure they have keys (if they don't is it a big deal?) and don't insult the seller by lowballing him. I think Ill call him again and go for it. I'll let you know if I get them. Thanks again

NP. If he doesn't have keys you want a discount, drilling out the locks takes your time, is hard on your bits, and means you have to acquire new locks and keys. If he has locks/keys, mechs work, and nothing is broken 75 is a good deal for it sitting in his garage. If it is on location with any product that isn't trash, it's an excellent deal.

Yeah, $75 is a good deal on a 4-way. If the machines were low-quality I'd be more concerned, but Oak machines will last forever. As they are still supported with parts (I think?) this is a good deal, and I would grab it before somebody else does!

I spoke with the guy selling the machines and I'm going to go look at them tomorrow evening. He said that he believes he still has the keys some where in the garage and that the machines were last used a little under a year ago and were working fine then. Hope all go's well and they are in decent shape. Wish me luck cause these will be my first machines! Oh, are there any questions that I should be asking this guy in regards to the machines?

Just run a couple quarters through the mech's to make sure they turn correctly and you can watch the moving parts for problems. Locks and keys are nice but also cheap to replace so not a big worry. The rest of the stuff you can look at like what condition the body is in and what shape the globe is in. Just make sure your getting working machines before you pay a fair price.

Archived