why do people look at us weird?

TKK

When I go service people look at me like a servant or someone who makes no money. And when they see me in my lifted truck or my 350hp gti and then they ask damn does this make good money..

Also I hate like today I went to the bank and exchanged 2300 in quarters..and people were all starring.

When I go buy 60+ bags at sams of candy ppl all comment

When I went to walgreens and bought 100 12 packs because they were 5 for 10 bucks the manager too asked what were my intentions

EVERYTIME i go and buy drinks at least one person will look at me and say "thirsty??" my response goes "nope i got 14 kids at home, this will only last me a couple of days." They normally dont have much of a response after that. Then when im working the machines theres always the nosey person wanting to know if i make much money vending. I never say yes. I always tell them i write it off as a loss because my other business does so good. Im afraid if i tell them it does ok that they will find a little bit of cash and start their own route. I dont want to create anymore competition than i have too. As far as the weird looks we get, after the first few thousand dollars i made, i began to not care.

The very best thing for you is if bystanders think you have nothing, store owners like but feel sorry for you, and none of them ever see you leaving your suite at the Bellagio on vacation. Blend in.

I get this all the time. You get used to it. When I get asked about it, I usually say that it's just a hobby or laugh and say there's not any real money in it. When I go to Sams I really looked forward to the questions or the curious glances- I could make up the most outlandish things. Back when I was buying Ice Cream in bulk for my father's concession stand, I'd try and top it each time I went, and the people there just ate it up.

I look at it this way, they may look down on me when I service my equipment, but this is MY business, and one day I'll be running things on my own schedule, not by someone else rules. Lets see someone working in corporate do that. It all comes at a price- we get a lot of perks, but one downside are passerby's. As downsides go, I think we have it pretty good.

When I go service people look at me like a servant or someone who makes no money. And when they see me in my lifted truck or my 350hp gti and then they ask damn does this make good money..

Also I hate like today I went to the bank and exchanged 2300 in quarters..and people were all starring.

When I go buy 60+ bags at sams of candy ppl all comment

When I went to walgreens and bought 100 12 packs because they were 5 for 10 bucks the manager too asked what were my intentions

It's hard for them to think I make no money when I empty the quarters out of my machines into a pail and have to carry out with two hands.

when i take XX00 in ones to the bank i look them dead in the eye and say...

Im the best stripper ever... they call me long duck dong.... my theme song is chain hang low...

im glad i have dollar bill changers that eat up 50% of the quarters i get back

because one of my banks has a free coin counter but i usually fill it.

my other bank wants it all rolled no canadian etc..

as far as people go i just ignore them and laugh if anyone asks if its profitable i usually tell them only if you can repair them or not really its a slow business

when i go to sams.. i get looks all the time.. i just try to service machines during non peak hours etc..

bill

When I get "the look" at Sam's I just smile and say I have a junk food addiction and after will be going to overeater's anonymous later.

If I'm outside loading I'll get the "I bet your a vendor" comment. My response is along the line of " How did you figure it out, I'm trying to stay under cover?"

Tuesday I was buying a cart full of candy and I had my three daughter helping me stack the candy on the check out belt. The lady behind me said, "You girls sure are lucky. Look at all that candy.". My oldest girl with no smile at all said, "He only gives us some if we have a quarter."

That's right. We don't eat up profit in my house.

Haha eat profit. It's weird because when ppl come over they'll be hey hook up some chips or a snicker or mnms Nd it feels bad giving them stuff you sell. And then I think man its only 40c

Haha eat profit. It's weird because when ppl come over they'll be hey hook up some chips or a snicker or mnms Nd it feels bad giving them stuff you sell. And then I think man its only 40c

its alwqays a good idea to give something away as good will IMO you build rapport with the customers i love to

talk to my location owners and customers because they realize i am a real person and less likely to vandalize the machine

and more likely to CALL me when there is a problem

Archived