Locations requesting excessive free samples

onecent@atime

I have posted about this in the past, a locations wants free samples we have all seen it. I give a few here and there, usually gum balls, the issue is this asin buffet always says customers are getting miss-vends and ask for money back. Its all beaver and I have seldom miss-vends in all my other 20 or so beaver rack locations. I abridge there request , but today they asked for almost 20.00 in samples so customers would not ask them for money back. I explained that customers are not honest they stated the tatto machine took money and gave no product I tested it and it didn't give product but it also didn't take any money either(it was empty). My thought is give them a sample bag each month take it out their next months commission and call it a solution. My ? is how many of you see this and do you ever post signs that say for sales or service contact 1888 etc and not business/restaurant ? ( oh i know miss-vends happen and its better to have samples than to get booted for miss-vends but our beavers dont have a reputation for miss-vends)

When a location reports misvends, I just give them a few extra dollars in quarters. I make sure to reiterate that they are to only give refunds ONE TIME to any one customer. If the customer keeps coming back and saying that it took his money, then I would have to wonder why he keeps trying to get stuff from a machine that is broken. The answer is... it's not. they just want something for free.

When a location reports misvends, I just give them a few extra dollars in quarters. I make sure to reiterate that they are to only give refunds ONE TIME to any one customer. If the customer keeps coming back and saying that it took his money, then I would have to wonder why he keeps trying to get stuff from a machine that is broken. The answer is... it's not. they just want something for free.

I agree and to be honest I want to say no more freebee's but they make allot of money there one of the best locations we have and as I stated we make them pay for them out of their commission, they just dont know it. I just dont want it to be a monthly thing, we need more samples we need more samples etc, they had over 40 .25 samples and 10 .50 samples and 10 .50 sticker/tattoo samples .

I agree and to be honest I want to say no more freebee's but they make allot of money there one of the best locations we have and as I stated we make them pay for them out of their commission, they just dont know it. I just dont want it to be a monthly thing, we need more samples we need more samples etc, they had over 40 .25 samples and 10 .50 samples and 10 .50 sticker/tattoo samples .

That's nuts. I believe it was Billnuts (correct me if I'm wrong) who suggested this- print out a stack of "refund cards" for the guests to fill out. Name, address, phone #, Drivers License ID #, and amount to be refunded. If somebody is taking you for a ride, they aren't likely to fill out the card. If the machines are legitimately mis-vending, you'll know for sure. If the location puts up resistance, I'd find that very suspicious. In this case, all they do is hand the guest a card to fill out and then leave with them- no money or product changes hands. Good luck OneCent!

I don't even have that many misvends with my crappy vendstars! I don't buy their story cause they are asking for a TON and would 110% not buy it if they somehow had to give out all of the samples by the next time you service. I always tell them if there are any problems with the machine to give me a call and I will either come right out or reimburse them next time I come for servicing.

I'd do the exact opposite if they truly are one of your best locations. You're taking it out of their commission. Your time and inconvenience is a small price to pay for doing business at that location. I say FREE samples all around! If you send out a negative vibe with body language or an eye roll, that could be all it takes for them to say it's just not worth their time.

Keep an eye on the big picture here.

I'd do the exact opposite if they truly are one of your best locations. You're taking it out of their commission. Your time and inconvenience is a small price to pay for doing business at that location. I say FREE samples all around! If you send out a negative vibe with body language or an eye roll, that could be all it takes for them to say it's just not worth their time.

Good Post! This is a service business, its all about relationships. If this this is what you need to do to maintain the relationship then you need to decide if you want to do business this way. If giving away a few extra bucks makes it not worth doing then I guess you need to decide if you want to "fire" your customer or not.

Service it less often or at odd hours when your less likely to be hasseled by them and say oh hears a cap it wouldnt fit in the machine after there full and you locked them so they only get one. Sometimes your best customers are the employees and owners kids that buy toys. Oh and sell ur beavers on ebay and get some oaks or northwesterns if the above doesnt fix it.

good post! simply deduct it from their commission and keep smiling! You can also keep a record and deduct it off your income taxes if it is that much. I agree we need to keep it under control but we have to look at the overall big picture. I think you are also looking at the cost as a retail value and not a cogs value.

Oh and sell ur beavers on ebay and get some oaks or northwesterns if the above doesnt fix it.

lol I agree!

Most of my commission places don't ask for refunds on misvends. They just figure that their commissions cover it with a large amount left over. If something is acting up I ask which head, and I refund part of the money from it--then I completely replace that head and take it home to inspect. Sometimes there is a legit problem and I find they were right. Some commission places even refuse my reimbursement because they say they are just happy with the commission. (they were refunding around 2 dollars and getting a commission check for over a hundred)

Archived