Five Spirals in a row? Why would you do this?

PerformaVending

Today I was at the local Chinese buffet. I used to have a triple in here, but the commission was steep and the money wasn't good, so I'm not upset I'm not there anymore. However, I noticed today a lot of the old "abandoned" machines had disappeared, and been replaced with FIVE SPIRALS. Five, all selling the same gumballs, varying machine brands, all from different small vending outfits. I don't get it- why would a location want all these spirals in their entryway, and why would a vendor put their spiral in next to all the other ones? That's crazy to me- I don't get it. If I had had my camera, I would have taken a picture.

Also, I found the "abandoned" machines, they're all packed into the hallway that leads to the bathroom,. still with bags over them like before.

I take it these must be inexperienced vendors, but what would drive them to set up their spirals this way? Is this actually a good idea and I'm just missing something?

Thoughts on this anyone?

Free storage? I don't know. I know that we have a local shopping mall that will likely be going out of business in the next six months, and I expect that a number of machines from that place will find their way into all kinds of locations regardless of how much competition there is, simply because the owners don't want the machines cluttering up their basements or garages.

That's pretty funny. I wish I could see it. Maybe the owner of the store likes the way they look. Set them across from each other and make a gumball spiral gauntlet all your customers get to walk through before they eat.

That's pretty funny. I wish I could see it. Maybe the owner of the store likes the way they look. Set them across from each other and make a gumball spiral gauntlet all your customers get to walk through before they eat.

A "Vending Gauntlet"... I rather like the sound of that...

Still, it is very weird. When I go back, I'll get some pictures.

I don't know but I would ask about the old machines Leave your card and offer to take them off there hands. If there is any contact info call and inform the owners you have there machines if they want them. or offer to by them if the call back at a steep discount. More then often then not thew don't want to even mess with them anymore.

I don't know but I would ask about the old machines Leave your card and offer to take them off there hands. If there is any contact info call and inform the owners you have there machines if they want them. or offer to by them if the call back at a steep discount. More then often then not thew don't want to even mess with them anymore.

I thought of this too, and even asked the boards if this would be a worth a look. However, they made some great arguments why grabbing abandoned machines is a risky business. It's all HERE.

Archived