What should I do?

lurtsman

I explicitly told a locator not to get any locations for me before I moved. I made sure those notes were on my account. Some eager employee decided to work it anyway and found several locations. Clearly, I intend to turn everything down. The employee also got approval for machine types I'm not running, go figure. Anything else I should do?

PS. When you have the guarantee for free replacements (kickstart) does anyone know how long that takes to run out? I might have one or two locations with that active for another month so I could queue up more accounts for after the move.

PS. When you have the guarantee for free replacements (kickstart) does anyone know how long that takes to run out? I might have one or two locations with that active for another month so I could queue up more accounts for after the move.

With Kickstart Locations, you theoretically have 90 days from the date the location is found to request a replacement. That being said, I requested replacements weeks ago and still have nothing from Kickstart aside from an email from Rob saying something like Hey Partner! We'll get right on that (more than 2 weeks ago).

I'd stop dealing with the underlings and go to the head honcho. Express your concerns anew, and make it clear that this is their one and only misstep. If I'm paying people for a service, I expect to get what I pay for, no matter how complex. If they agreed to do it, I expect it done to my specifications. If they messed up, I'm not going to put up with that, and neither should you. You are too good a vendor to get walked on by anyone Lurts, let alone a locator that uses the phrase "Hey Partner" in formal emails.

I'd stop dealing with the underlings and go to the head honcho. Express your concerns anew, and make it clear that this is their one and only misstep. If I'm paying people for a service, I expect to get what I pay for, no matter how complex. If they agreed to do it, I expect it done to my specifications. If they messed up, I'm not going to put up with that, and neither should you. You are too good a vendor to get walked on by anyone Lurts, let alone a locator that uses the phrase "Hey Partner" in formal emails.

I'll second that motion.

With Kickstart Locations, you theoretically have 90 days from the date the location is found to request a replacement. That being said, I requested replacements weeks ago and still have nothing from Kickstart aside from an email from Rob saying something like Hey Partner! We'll get right on that (more than 2 weeks ago).

I have to agree with KandyKing I will never use Rob again I'm done with Kickstart

I'm also getting no where with KickStart locations. Rob has owed me a bar/restuarant location for months. First he sent me a pizza restuarant location, where the owner literally jogged out of the restuarant as I was bringing a machine in to tell me I was not going to place the machine in her restuarant. When I showed her the contact info. I had received from Kickstart, she said the person who had given permission had no authority to give it.

At another location, the owner called me one Saturday afternoon angrily asking who had given me permission to place the machine in his restuarant. When I told him, he had no idea who the person was. The only person he knew with that name was a friend of his who was not even in the country. He told me I needed to pick up the machine right away or it would be set out in the street.

And just this weekend when I visited the first location I got from KS, the owner asked me to remove the machine, saying kids sometimes dropped the candy on the floor and that they then had to clean it up. It's a bit suspicious to me that this happened just a few days after the 90 day location replacement deadline had passed.

I am also getting tired of Robs disingenuous " Hey Partner...we'll get right on that" replies email template that I get whenever I email him.

I tried to make it easy on him by telling him if he can't replace the bar/restuarant, it would be ok for them to just refund me the extra I paid for a bar/restaurant location, and get me a regular location but that also seems to be going no where.

I'm wondering whether it's would do any good to report them to the Better Business Bureau and am looking at how the small claims court process works.

I'm also getting no where with KickStart locations. Rob has owed me a bar/restuarant location for months. First he sent me a pizza restuarant location, where the owner literally jogged out of the restuarant as I was bringing a machine in to tell me I was not going to place the machine in her restuarant. When I showed her the contact info. I had received from Kickstart, she said the person who had given permission had no authority to give it.

At another location, the owner called me one Saturday afternoon angrily asking who had given me permission to place the machine in his restuarant. When I told him, he had no idea who the person was. The only person he knew with that name was a friend of his who was not even in the country. He told me I needed to pick up the machine right away or it would be set out in the street.

And just this weekend when I visited the first location I got from KS, the owner asked me to remove the machine, saying kids sometimes dropped the candy on the floor and that they then had to clean it up. It's a bit suspicious to me that this happened just a few days after the 90 day location replacement deadline had passed.

I am also getting tired of Robs disingenuous " Hey Partner...we'll get right on that" replies email template that I get whenever I email him.

I tried to make it easy on him by telling him if he can't replace the bar/restuarant, it would be ok for them to just refund me the extra I paid for a bar/restaurant location, and get me a regular location but that also seems to be going no where.

I'm wondering whether it's would do any good to report them to the Better Business Bureau and am looking at how the small claims court process works.

I stopped working with Rob about a month ago, I just really don't like the way he runs his business. I too have had him give me a contact and when I went to the location they didn't even know anyone by that name. From this point on I will be doing a combonation of self locating and locating with LocatorsRus as they have been the best locators I have worked with thus far

Hey Partner!

haha, drives me crazy too. EVERY single email!

Which locators are better for the same price? I have only used Kickstart and have more non-success stories than success and am seriously considering switching. Might give him one more shot since I have a couple of $10 credits with him for not getting what I paid for.

Hey Partner!

haha, drives me crazy too. EVERY single email!

Which locators are better for the same price? I have only used Kickstart and have more non-success stories than success and am seriously considering switching. Might give him one more shot since I have a couple of $10 credits with him for not getting what I paid for.

The King' recommends Locators R Us, as they beat out all the others in a fair competition. I'll second that recommendation- they are professional, relatively inexpensive, and FAST. I got an A+ location two days after I hired them. They call places I hadn't even thought to try, and their setups have been great thus-far. If you are considering a locator, I encourage you to give these guys a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Well to be fair I should report that Kickstart has come back with two replacement locations recently. Two apartments. At one the office is always locked and they don't answer their phone so I never got my machine in there. However I was able to get a machine into the other location. The office manager at that location is really stacked so I get Eye candy whenever I bring my candy :blink:

I suggest doing your own locating because a) you'll save money and B) you'll get better locations.

I hear this a lot, but I've yet to read even an informal account of this being true. Obviously, you'll save money. But I've read accounts of several people on these forums pounding the pavement for weeks with little to show for it. In fact, when you factor in the cost of gasoline and the value you place on your time - I'm not so certain self-locating is a money saver at all.

I'm getting ready to start locating here within the next couple of months and I'm thinking about an informal contest between myself (a still clueless newbie locator and Locations R Us). I think this would be a great thread to start actually. A race to 5 self locating vs. LRU, where I'd track my gas expenses and hours worked vs. paying LRU $36 a pop for five triples. Then track the locations for 4-6 months and see who's better from a sales/loc point of view. I think the results might surprise some people at just how cost-effective hiring a locator really is. But, I'll admit I could be totally off base.

I hear this a lot, but I've yet to read even an informal account of this being true. Obviously, you'll save money. But I've read accounts of several people on these forums pounding the pavement for weeks with little to show for it. In fact, when you factor in the cost of gasoline and the value you place on your time - I'm not so certain self-locating is a money saver at all.

I'm getting ready to start locating here within the next couple of months and I'm thinking about an informal contest between myself (a still clueless newbie locator and Locations R Us). I think this would be a great thread to start actually. A race to 5 self locating vs. LRU, where I'd track my gas expenses and hours worked vs. paying LRU $36 a pop for five triples. Then track the locations for 4-6 months and see who's better from a sales/loc point of view. I think the results might surprise some people at just how cost-effective hiring a locator really is. But, I'll admit I could be totally off base.

One factor to consider is networking and locational value. LRU is hundreds of miles away, and has no idea what locations in the are will make prime "targets". You do, and can target these better accounts with a more direct approach. Similarly you can use people you know to gain locations by proxy, and relationships with acquaintances and friends to businesses in the community. While LRU will get your equipment out there in a hurry, I maintain that the best, highest-yielding locations will always be found by yourself.

It's pretty much essential for racks, as no phone locator is going to place those for you (at least not that I know of). My business is directed towards a toy approach, and for this self-locating is a must. I doubt you'll beat LRU though, they are FAST.

when he asked you to remove it, what were u doing? Filling? or just come in.

at that location. I had just walked in to check if the machine needed to be replinished. If it did I was going to go back to my car for more candy.

what point in that moment did he boot you? and what was your feeling?

Archived