Magic Gumball: to Buy or not to Buy

Nate9303

That is the question. I had someone send me this picture and ask if I wanted to buy it. Someone gave it to them and they are tired of it sitting in their house. What should I offer? Also, what kind of revenue do you get from these, and are they difficult to place? I'm a little nervous about buying it and then having it in the house forever. My kids would love it. My wife would not. Thoughts? Questions? Tips? Concerns?

As always, you guys rock and have given me so much great advice over the short time I've been a member of this board. Thanks.

post-4507-0-35302000-1339864300_thumb.jpg

Offer 40$ it was giving to him so they are making a profit... Have to have a busy location or the gumball go hard... Worth picking up can always resale...

The "Magic Diskman" models are really attractive units. This one is in great shape, but if you think you can pull of a $40 lowball, go for it. Personally, I'd start near $50 and up to $75, as these machines have been very good to me. Beaver Mechs take a beating and keep rolling, big coin boxes for long cycles, and an attractive kinetic vend. My unit is a Selectivend spiral in a video game store, and on a two-week cycle it makes about $20.00 which is pretty good considering the clientele.

As with any vending machine, it comes down to location. A great machine can fail at a bad spot, and a junk machine can rock at a good spot. It's all in finding the right spot, which can be more difficult because of the size of the unit.

Spiral machines are great to place next to your rack at high volume locations. I would pay up to $100 for the machine as long as it comes with keys to the machine but, would offer $50 to start.

Archived