Gumballs or Bouncy Balls in Hotel

English Vending

My latest location is a Hotel 8. I have a triple with gum balls in it and thinking of switching to bouncy balls. Anyone have experience with bouncy balls in a hotel? I have a vague childhood memory of buying the hell out of them in a hotel I was at once haha.

Is the lobby separated from the rooms? If so, bouncy balls may not do so well because children usually wait in the car. Then again, if they serve breakfast in the lobby area, families will bring their kids with them to eat.

If the hotel is indoor corridor access, I think bouncy balls will do quite well for you. I would also try toy capsules. In the morning for breakfast, kids will beg their moms and dads for a toy before a long trip to their respective destinations.

-Former hotel assistant manager ^-^

Is the lobby separated from the rooms? If so, bouncy balls may not do so well because children usually wait in the car. Then again, if they serve breakfast in the lobby area, families will bring their kids with them to eat.

If the hotel is indoor corridor access, I think bouncy balls will do quite well for you. I would also try toy capsules. In the morning for breakfast, kids will beg their moms and dads for a toy before a long trip to their respective destinations.

-Former hotel assistant manager ^-^

It is in a "vending room" with the full line machines and one spiral GB machine. The pic should be below. Yes it is a vendstar but will be replaced with a brand new 1-800 on Friday. Good Idea on the toys but as you can see there is very limited room and I'm already pretty close to angering the pepsi guy I think lol. But yes this room as at the beginning of the hallway of guest rooms so a pretty decent area. Might try to figure out a way to get a capsule machine in there. Haven't had one of those yet. Thanks for posting!

post-3126-0-47003900-1339974433_thumb.jpg

It is in a "vending room" with the full line machines and one spiral GB machine. The pic should be below. Yes it is a vendstar but will be replaced with a brand new 1-800 on Friday. Good Idea on the toys but as you can see there is very limited room and I'm already pretty close to angering the pepsi guy I think lol. But yes this room as at the beginning of the hallway of guest rooms so a pretty decent area. Might try to figure out a way to get a capsule machine in there. Haven't had one of those yet. Thanks for posting!

The 1800 can vend 1.1" acorn capsules if you have the correct wheel. Also, I'd stick with gumballs, but tack on a bouncy ball single. In my experience, when bouncy balls sell, they sell FAST, and in my experience, another head has always been a good investment. This will increase your service cycles and potentially your profit margin if you sell them for 50 cents. Also, if they don't sell, you just pick up the single machine and move it to greener pastures without having to switch around products in a triple.

Also, why is the Pepsi guy mad at you?

The 1800 can vend 1.1" acorn capsules if you have the correct wheel. Also, I'd stick with gumballs, but tack on a bouncy ball single. In my experience, when bouncy balls sell, they sell FAST, and in my experience, another head has always been a good investment. This will increase your service cycles and potentially your profit margin if you sell them for 50 cents. Also, if they don't sell, you just pick up the single machine and move it to greener pastures without having to switch around products in a triple.

Also, why is the Pepsi guy mad at you?

I did not know that it could vend those capsules. This is my first 1800 so don't know much about it, I might get one of those wheels and give it a shot every once in a while. There is pretty limited room in there, you can't really tell by the picture but my machine is pretty close to making it awkward for a customer to get to the pepsi machine, that's what I meant about the pepsi guy being mad. But thats gonna make it difficult to get another head in there. I will see if I can move anything around next time I'm there. Ah I wish there was more room in there!

Any clue what that spiral gumbal says on it? Something about a free $1 and $5? Sorry to go off topic, but this caught my curiosity :D

Any clue what that spiral gumbal says on it? Something about a free $1 and $5? Sorry to go off topic, but this caught my curiosity :D

Yeah, follow Performa's link. That reminds me, I saw another machine in the bookstore last night. Same machine same sticker hmmmmm.... Fire that thread back up Bryan!

Archived