Evervend portion control

PerformaVending

Today I was at my Mall location after they closed to work on one of my machines. That LYPC 2" capsule machine had all kinds of paper jammed up into the product chute, so it was a lengthier process. After that I took the opportunity to fill up the rest of my machines with candy and bouncy balls. My sister who had tagged along to help decided to buy some skittles out of my Evervend machine, and it shot out 17 pieces! Yikes! The next turn it gave me 9, and then 11, followed by another whopper at 15. I'm dreading having to take the assembly apart again, but something is clearly wrong with this unit. It's always been my plan to replace this machine with something more "sturdy" but I haven't gotten around to it yet. My question today is: is this normal for Evevends to lose their portion control, or should I be looking to other sources for the problem, like vandalism or rival tampering? Any suggested fixes?

I had a machine, can't recall which brand, that when you turned the wheel it vended the correct amount but the handle still had some give on it so if you kept turning it it would go just enough to empty about 1/4 of the next portion. Then the next portion would be short and there wasn't anymore give on the crank, then next turn there was give again. That might be the issue where your whoppers are actually a vend and a half then the next is short changed.

I had a machine, can't recall which brand, that when you turned the wheel it vended the correct amount but the handle still had some give on it so if you kept turning it it would go just enough to empty about 1/4 of the next portion. Then the next portion would be short and there wasn't anymore give on the crank, then next turn there was give again. That might be the issue where your whoppers are actually a vend and a half then the next is short changed.

Very possible. I can't rule anything out on a machine that has had at least 6 different owners before me.

Very possible. I can't rule anything out on a machine that has had at least 6 different owners before me.

Whew, she's been around huh! I hope you can get it figured out, I just turned mine into a gum ball head so the gum ball couldn't fit through the extra space.

Whew, she's been around huh! I hope you can get it figured out, I just turned mine into a gum ball head so the gum ball couldn't fit through the extra space.

That's the problem with these machines. They have a "drum" mechanism that rolls forward, sort of like a "water wheel" to dispense the candy. The portion control parts are snapped in with little plastic pegs. Something tells me precision wasn't the priority when this one got slapped together in 1984. When I first bought it, the from and sides had contact labels for a whole bunch of vendors, and two of them are still inside the back door. To say this one's been "around the block" is an understatement. :lol:

I'll post a picture of this one in my gallery.

Archived