501E escrow

bcron

I'm sure it's going to tell me on the machine when I get there, but I thought I'd ask here to be sure I would have the answer.

How do I set up the 501E as a changer? I know I enter the menu and go to the Escrow option...what do I do then? Is it an on/off option to change it?

Thanks.

The bill acceptor and harness being use may prevent some of the options from working.

What make and model BA and changer is installed?

As I recall you will get 3 options.

1 Force vends. No pay without purchase

2 Escrow to price. Refunds paid if less than the lowest price.

3 Escrow plus 4. More than one bill may be used to purchase if an item is priced over 1.00, the last bill held in escrow. Machine will work as a changer if you insert 2 bills and press the coin return.

I never understood the desire to set your machine as a changer. Extra ware and tear on your machine no profit. More false refund claims. Lost sales when your changer gets depleted.

Walta

I'm going to use it as a changer because it's in a smaller account. They wanted a snack machine but it didn't justify a larger machine purchase, even a 12-15 select for several hundred $. I found an USI 3003 which is a small countertop 9 select which I think will work good for them. It accepts coin only. They can use the pop machine as a changer to purchase from the snack. They didn't think an honor box would work out and I didn't want to use any mechanical snacks as I haven't heard anything good about them. I found this one in very good condition for what I thought was an excellent price to try out on this account. Didn't think I could go wrong for $50.

Archived