For those who get kicked off a location due to someone offering comission.

TKK

I hear this all the time gladly it hasn't happened to me. Yet.

However I just dis the complete opposite.

I have a haircut location that does 40-50 a month w a triple.

Never have issues. Great place. The manager there is the mother of the owner who owns 4 other locations all nearby. I went once and they had 1800s in them. So I didn't even ask them.

So I called the owner nice young lady maybe in her early 30s and asked her what her fav restaurant was. She asked why and I said because I want th thank you for letting me have that machine there. She was very happy and said to give it to her mom and her fav restaurant is red lobster. I also reminded her how I only sell hot tamales there because its her daughter's fav candy. She said wow yeah my daughter loves them. Then she tells me hey could u put some in my other locations?I tell her ofcourse but I'd hate to take business from a local vendor. She said he pays her a commission on each one mo.thly he's never late however he's very rude and told her I can't sell hot tamales I must vend gumballs as they are my most profitable product.

Gave her mom the gift card and thanked me.

Took triples to her location and she took his machines to the back and said he'd let him know.

She said I rather have someone honest and who will take care of these machines than the measely 30 a month! Lol

So there's ways of getting to people for good spots ofcourse find a way. Not everyone needs the small commission.

The best solution for me is to handle BOTH commission and charity locations.

Some of my best spots would not be possible as a charity location.

However, some of my other best spots would not exist had I offered a commission.

As you stated, some business owners don't want to mess with a $30 commission...but most will take it.

It means a free dinner or round of golf or extra gas money to them.

The thing to remember is that commission at some of the best places totals in the hundreds of dollars...not $30.

And you can bet the owners/managers in those establishments will take the commission EVERY time.

As a side note, I also don't recommend declining a location just because others have machines in there.

I have some great shared locations.

In some of these locations, competitors are friendly, in others they're not.

But, this is my business, not my social club...friendly or otherwise, I'm taking any location worth my time and effort.

Any vendor who limits themselves to charity locations and/or "exclusive" locations for any reason is putting a huge cap on their ability to earn money in vending.

The best solution for me is to handle BOTH commission and charity locations.

Some of my best spots would not be possible as a charity location.

However, some of my other best spots would not exist had I offered a commission.

As you stated, some business owners don't want to mess with a $30 commission...but most will take it.

It means a free dinner or round of golf or extra gas money to them.

The thing to remember is that commission at some of the best places totals in the hundreds of dollars...not $30.

And you can bet the owners/managers in those establishments will take the commission EVERY time.

As a side note, I also don't recommend declining a location just because others have machines in there.

I have some great shared locations.

In some of these locations, competitors are friendly, in others they're not.

But, this is my business, not my social club...friendly or otherwise, I'm taking any location worth my time and effort.

Any vendor who limits themselves to charity locations and/or "exclusive" locations for any reason is putting a huge cap on their ability to earn money in vending.

I agree don't ever trun down a location try every one your offered.

Archived