I can buy these used for about the same price of $1000.00

11 Uturn 8 selection machines

or

11 Vendesign 4 selection

or

15 Uturn 4 selection for $850

your input would help lots

thank you in advance

Well I've only used vendesign and they seem to me to be pretty high quality machines. The problem I've had is you have to put tons of product in them. I've got ten that I bought for $600.

You should search uturn on the site. Some folks here really dislike them. I had someone offer me 5 at $75 each but I ended up saying no after reading the threads on here.

I like my vendesign even though I just had a coin mech break. Of course if you take a wrench to any machine it'll break.

I like the coin tube. Very discreet. The prob is you have to take all four cannisters out to get to re tube. So you've got $40 in candy sitting on the floor for someone to kick over. Always a little scary.

Hope this helps.

I'd do some serious research into machines first, and see what you really want to work with. All the ones you've listed are "ok" machines, but most prefer more "standardized" machines. U-Turns can be difficult to service, while Vendesigns are difficult to control portion size with their barrel vend mechanisms. One of our members, JLM, has a lot of long-term, firsthand experience with U-Turn machines- shoot him a PM for his opinion on this equipment as well.

Now, of course this is just my opinion, but if you are just new to vending, I'd start much smaller than you are proposing. Look around ebay, and get one used "starter" machine, say a candy triple. Fix it up, clean it, service it, load it and locate it by yourself- it's not hard I promise. This is a low-cost way to see if Vending is really what you want to do. Lots of people get into this business only to realize that the demands aren't what they really wanted in the first place. Now, if it turns out it IS for you, you will have the basics down and one machine ready to go, and then you can expand at whatever rate you want. I just hate it when people dive into something, only to later regret the investment. Best wishes on your vending endeavor, whatever you choose to do!

Hello all , im in need of help here very new to vending,

I have no machines yet here is my question

What you buy and why

I can buy these used for about the same price of $1000.00

11 Uturn 8 selection machines

or

11 Vendesign 4 selection

or

15 Uturn 4 selection for $850

your input would help lots

thank you in advance

if your brand new to vending I would recommend you do not buy any of these scenarios. thats way to much equipment for someone that doesnt even know if vending is what they want to do. have you considered the cost of all the product you will need to fill them and a locators fee if you cant locate them yourself? ask yourself what is it that you want and expect out of bulk vending. if your answer is to make passive income and expect you will make easy money then you would be wrong. look on ebay or craigslist and buy one machine, fill it with product and get it located, then buy another and repeat the process. good luck with vending if you decide to do it!

I bought 13 vendstars enought to get out and get a small route going have between 85-100 each with the prosscess of getting them all keyed alike. I have 7 located working on the next 5 As I pick up and have some cashfow I will slowly upgrade to better equipment. Hope to do the 1st run of the route Next week and see what the outcome will be.

Good luck

Thank you all for your thoughts and caring about about the way im jumping in.

Im off today to look at 2 used Vendesign 4 selection machines , if all looks good with them i will start with them , i have locations for them

i will fill them half to start , mm pmm skit , what would be a good 4th selection?

I really like the honesty here from all you guys and gals ,, im learning far more here than listening to the guys trying to sell me new machines .

one more question has anyone paid the 20 bucks for the ebook,

"Small Change, Vending Insiders Secrets Revealed Is it worth it ,

what would be a good 4th selection?

Gumballs, they are the lowest in COG so highest in profits.

As for all the ebooks, I love reading and am a big believer in books as useful learning tools, and there are a couple of free eguides to vending on Google books but I am not paying for one of those ebooks. I have seen way to much good advice and opinions come out of here from multiple trusted professionals than I feel I would get from a single ebook from a single perspective. Just my opinion.

Vendesigns cannot handle gumballs due to the Vendesign "barrel"mechanism. I have one of their Ultravend machines, and the mechanisms are identical. If they have a mechanism for these machines that can work with gumballs, I've yet to encounter it anywhere. While I'll concede Vendesigns have fewer "technical" problems than any comparable U-Turn does, they still have some big drawbacks. If I was to run one of these, I'd use the following: Mike and Ike's, Skittles, Runts, and knockoff Chicklets/Chickle Tab gum. Though it has a higher COG than the others, that covers your gum selection and won't mis-vend in the machine. I've all but eliminated M&M's from my route in all their forms due to the ever-rising costs associated with them. Just my opinion though- good luck on the route Watkinsman!

Hi guys, thanks for your input again.

Just bought my first 2 used Vendesign 4 selection machines , good shape same key works in both need to clean and play with them a bit,

also found a great supplier for candy with good prices compared to anything i have found anywhere else, including sams club

even thought we dont have them here in canada , we have costco but they dont carry bulk candy.

Should have them in place early next week,

If all goes well and I decide to add a couple more machines is there any machine like the vendesign or uturn 4 selection that turns but is a better machine,

Again thank you all for your input

They do make a gumball wheel for the Vendesign 4way. I think they were around $40. They show up on ebay every once in a while or you can order direct. You can also run mini gumballs or tabs.

Really? I've never heard of any way to make that work. Are they just for Vendesigns, or are they adaptable to other barrel-vend machines?

They're made by Vendesign specifically for the 4way. I don't think it would work on other machines. If I remember correctly, the way the canister and mech are designed the standard mech doesn't align with the gumball wheel/ canister and vice versa. They had to be replaced as a set.

I did a quick search and found this.

http://vintagemachine.net/vendesign-gumball-canister-brand-new

They're made by Vendesign specifically for the 4way. I don't think it would work on other machines. If I remember correctly, the way the canister and mech are designed the standard mech doesn't align with the gumball wheel/ canister and vice versa. They had to be replaced as a set.

I did a quick search and found this.

http://vintagemachin...ister-brand-new

Very interesting! Thanks Jeremiah!

Now, of course this is just my opinion, but if you are just new to vending, I'd start much smaller than you are proposing. Look around ebay, and get one used "starter" machine, say a candy triple. Fix it up, clean it, service it, load it and locate it by yourself- it's not hard I promise. This is a low-cost way to see if Vending is really what you want to do.

Agree 100%. I found my first machines on Craigslist pretty cheap, and expanded from there. Now I know what kind of machine I want, and also what type of product I prefer to vend. The great thing about this business is that a small investment is all it takes to find out whether or not you'll like it and succeed.

Archived