When to deliver to a bar?

PerformaVending

Yesterday LRU landed me my first bar. I've never had a bar before, so I'd be very grateful for some guidance.

It's for a candy triple- heavy duty Northwestern Triple Play. My first question is, when is the best time to drop off? When I deliver machines to locations, I try to go earlier in the day, but this bar doesn't open until noon (restaurant side) so I'm not sure what the best approach would be. Is there a "good" time to deliver to bars, or on the converse, is there a time I should avoid?

My second question is which candies sell best at bars? For the moment I'm going with my "starter" lineup that all my "regular" candy triples have, but I'm willing to amend that if it means more quarters. If I can get a deal on peanut M&M's I might even make a go with those again.

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Yesterday LRU landed me my first bar. I've never had a bar before, so I'd be very grateful for some guidance.

It's for a candy triple- heavy duty Northwestern Triple Play. My first question is, when is the best time to drop off? When I deliver machines to locations, I try to go earlier in the day, but this bar doesn't open until noon (restaurant side) so I'm not sure what the best approach would be. Is there a "good" time to deliver to bars, or on the converse, is there a time I should avoid?

My second question is which candies sell best at bars? For the moment I'm going with my "starter" lineup that all my "regular" candy triples have, but I'm willing to amend that if it means more quarters. If I can get a deal on peanut M&M's I might even make a go with those again.

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Congrats on the location, I have a bar as well. Mine opens at noon and I am usually there a couple of minutes before the opening bartender is just so I can avoid any kind of rush. I'm usually the only one in the place that early.

I vend P-M&Ms, Cashews, and regular oiled peanuts. Avoid anything dry roasted because they usually come out as dust, hot nuts might do well if you can find them at a decent price. My P-M&Ms are #1 seller then cashews and then the nuts. I'm sure other things would work in there though especially if it is a restaurant as well. Is it like a pub bar and grill or a full fledged restaurant with a bar on the side? I'd also recommend getting little plastic cups or something like that and set them on top so your customer can throw in 4 or 5 quarters to fill it up with nuts or whatever and sit back down rather than going back and forth because they likely won't keep making the trip. Good luck with it, I bet it will be a good location!

Hey Like the little cup idea I will have to try that at my Bar location. Checked it after a couple of weekend someone there loves the mike and ikes. Makes Daddy's pocket happy.

Hey If it has a resturant I would say anytime after 1:30-2:00 is a good rule of thumb. They are then over the lunch rush and have had a little rest.

I'd also recommend getting little plastic cups or something like that and set them on top so your customer can throw in 4 or 5 quarters to fill it up with nuts or whatever and sit back down rather than going back and forth because they likely won't keep making the trip. Good luck with it, I bet it will be a good location!

That is freaking brilliant. So simple, but it makes sense that if someone is having a few beers they'd be more likely to pump a couple bucks into a machine with something to hold the product.

As for times, just avoid 7pm-close at all costs. Noon-4pm would be the best.

Thanks for the replies guys! I wonder if there's a way to adapt one of those cup dispensers to the side of the machine- Northwestern Triple Plays have that "ridged" top that prevents things from being stacked on it easily. I'll definitely pursue that though! Guess I'm rolling out before they open- thanks again guys!

Turns out it was a false positive. The guy in charge was VERY upset with me. I've been yelled out of places before, but this guy was inordinately angry for some reason. In the end I guess I don't care, I wasn't looking forward to the location (it's a significant distance from my other machines) and the place was rather seedy. I've pinged LRU for a replacement, and we'll see how that goes. Thanks for all the great tips guys! I'll be applying them next time for sure!

Turns out it was a false positive. The guy in charge was VERY upset with me. I've been yelled out of places before, but this guy was inordinately angry for some reason. In the end I guess I don't care, I wasn't looking forward to the location (it's a significant distance from my other machines) and the place was rather seedy. I've pinged LRU for a replacement, and we'll see how that goes. Thanks for all the great tips guys! I'll be applying them next time for sure!

Did he say why or who agreed to have it there in the first place??

Did he say why or who agreed to have it there in the first place??

They gave me a manager contact, and when I spoke with him he was, well, "royally pissed" that I'd call him. LRU claimed to have gotten a yes out of this guy. It might be double-talk from him, might be an error on their end or even my end. Somewhere though, this angry fellow has gotten this whole process tied up. I'll get through it somehow, and I have every faith that LRU will pull through.

Believe it or not, LRU has already pulled through somehow. I spoke with them, and they've somehow organized a new day (Tuesday) to drop off the machine. With the owner this time as I understand. I'll see what I can do- if it's a good spot it's a good spot. I'll try it.

Believe it or not, LRU has already pulled through somehow. I spoke with them, and they've somehow organized a new day (Tuesday) to drop off the machine. With the owner this time as I understand. I'll see what I can do- if it's a good spot it's a good spot. I'll try it.

At the same bar??

Placed it today with the owner. I'm the only bulk vendor in there, but the space was tight- had to forgo the cup dispenser to fit it in the spot! The owner is very nice, I guess I just caught the manager on a bad day- I didn't have to deal with him at all. Aside from the aforementioned distance, I won't complain too much. I typically assume that if I get yelled at it's a permanent "No" but LRU pulled through that and got me a second chance. You can't put a price on that.

After sitting around collecting dust for a month, I'm just happy to have the last of my candy triples out. If I'm smart I'll stick with my new single/double expansion model for awhile.

That's the update anyway- bonus points for Locators R Us, that's for sure.

Thanks everyone for your help! What would I do without you guys?

Performa I'm glad it all worked out in the end. I guess persistence does pay off.Sounds like you got yourself one good locater. Hope the bar works out for you. If not, at least you have somewhere to throw back a couple of cold ones to forget about it.

wow people seem to be very edgy in your area. Where I go people are usually nice, but you seem to have lots of people mad all the time.

wow people seem to be very edgy in your area. Where I go people are usually nice, but you seem to have lots of people mad all the time.

Edgy is one way to put it. I don't know if it's the economy, my pitch, or just the area, but it seems like I have a rougher time locating than most. I'd wager I've been cursed out of more places than some of the veterans! But, you know JLM, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's business, but it's almost like an adventure of sorts. It's pretty mundane most of the time, but then you have the exciting bits that keep it from being a disappointing bore all the time. I've got stories you wouldn't believe. However, I'd almost rather run into a mean guy than another guy who will give me the runaround for a week before telling me he "has no space".

Edgy is one way to put it. I don't know if it's the economy, my pitch, or just the area, but it seems like I have a rougher time locating than most. I'd wager I've been cursed out of more places than some of the veterans! But, you know JLM, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's business, but it's almost like an adventure of sorts. It's pretty mundane most of the time, but then you have the exciting bits that keep it from being a disappointing bore all the time. I've got stories you wouldn't believe. However, I'd almost rather run into a mean guy than another guy who will give me the runaround for a week before telling me he "has no space".

Yea runarounds are the worse. My mom found a spot at her hair salon. The owner who is a stylist said ''sure bring it in, that is nice.'' Then when she did, he had forgot that he had his own candy machine. I mean how do you forget? people like this are amazing.

Archived