Question about preserving inventory

raquel

I bought some pretzel M&Ms just before the hot weather hit, and the locations I use them for would prefer something that doesn't melt in the summer. So I'm wondering if its ok to keep the PMM in the freezer until winter, then just defrost them when needed. Anyone on here do this?

FYI: I really don't like selling anything other than gumballs. Dealing with melting/stick candy is such a pain!

Our old moderator, Gabe, started a thread a few years ago where he experimented with freezing various candies then thawed them to test quality. I don't remember what the verdict was for PMM but Ill try and find the thread for you.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Here's an old archived thread that talks extensively about freezing PMM. Gabe's (and David's) study concluded that it was ok to freeze.

http://www.vendiscus...-Keep-bugs-away!

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Wow, I didn't know the TVF had gone through so many moderators.

But, to the question at hand, I'd think that freezing them would be alright- the biggest problem with chocolate over time is oxidation, which is nearly impossible to entirely prevent. Seal the candy up well, and I'd think they'd be fine when you thawed them out in the fall.

Wow, I didn't know the TVF had gone through so many moderators.

Probably for another thread but...

We've had 6.

Todd Miller - MIA

Gary (west coast vend) - resigned

Gabe (g-man422) - MIA

pusherman - MIA

mission - active

Sherlock - active

Sent using Tapatalk 2

We've had 6.

Todd Miller - MIA

Gabe (g-man422) - MIA

pusherman - MIA

mission - active

Sherlock - active

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I wonder where they all went... strange.

Oh, and back on topic, don't try freezing Hot Tamales or Mike and Ike's. I'm not sure what possessed me to try it, but it ended in a "costly catastrophe" if you will. Good luck to you Raquel!

Freezing M&M's If you do you need to warm them slowly put them in a fridge for a while or overnight then in your machine. Found out If you go from Freezer to machine you will have condensation on the MM's and the color will rub off. I have Just had 1st hand experiance with that happening. Taste find Look Bad and old. So make sure you pull them out and put in a fridge or Ice chest the night before you plan to use them again.

I wonder where they all went... strange.

Oh, and back on topic, don't try freezing Hot Tamales or Mike and Ike's. I'm not sure what possessed me to try it, but it ended in a "costly catastrophe" if you will. Good luck to you Raquel!

What happens to Mike and Ikes and Hot Tamales after you freeze them?

I have seen m&m explode into powder. left in the heat then the ac is on for 10 hrs. If its too much candy take it to your church in a machine and offer the keys and tell them all proceeds go to the church until the machine is empty then you will pick it up latter. if its a small enough amount that it can be put in the freezer eat it.

We've had 6.

Todd Miller - MIA

Gabe (g-man422) - MIA

pusherman - MIA

mission - active

Sherlock - active

Sent using Tapatalk 2

With that kind of turnover maybe its time to revisit the compensation package. :ph34r: :ph34r:

What happens to Mike and Ikes and Hot Tamales after you freeze them?

The condensation formed on them (which is horrible for them in normal situations) caused them to freeze into a solid block. Everything stuck together and there's no way to get them apart. Even after they thawed it was all fused together. The word I'd use for it is "hopeless".

The condensation formed on them (which is horrible for them in normal situations) caused them to freeze into a solid block. Everything stuck together and there's no way to get them apart. Even after they thawed it was all fused together. The word I'd use for it is "hopeless".

I'm sure "hopeless" isn't the only word you used when you saw the aftermath.

What does the moderators do?

They keep the riffraff, spam, and obvious trolls out. Lots of advertisement spammers try to get in here all the time. A month or so back they had some real issues with some foreign traffic, but they powered through it. Always do.

Archived