Strange spiral problem (coming apart?)

lurtsman

Pictures posted here:

If this link doesn't work properly please let me know. It should show 4 pictures in the set, each with a description of what we are looking at.

General description: The spiral doesn't seem to be tightly connected. I think these parts might normally be glued, but the glue was weakened during an episode of vandalism. Any ideas? I had this thing partially disassembled for shipping before finding a better solution. I was going to put it back together and noticed that these parts were very loose when I was picking up the machine. Normally These parts are very snug--which is convenient for just putting an arm around the spiral and carrying it around with one arm so you can use the other on doors. This one is no where near that tight.

If you click the picture it will shrink the photo some and you'll see my description of the current picture. This is my first time using the media function to link a slide show with descriptions attached to each photo. Feel free to offer feedback on the way I've displayed this as long as it doesn't derail the thread.

That is a pickle. Odds are that during the assembly/disassembly process the glue got loosened like you said. Depending on how much give it has, you could apply some new glue to seal it tight again. My recommendation is Gorilla glue- it's expensive but you don't need much, and you definitely get what you pay for. There may be a better "vending grade" solution, but I'm not sure what that would be. Good luck Lurts, if I find any more information, I'll report it here!

Archived