5 hour energy machines

I am new to the vending business and looking to get started with a few machines. Does any one have a 5 hour energy machine and how are they doing for you? I think this is a great idea and havent seen them in any locations in my area. What are some of the best locations that you have placed them in. Any feedback would help!

I am new to the vending business and looking to get started with a few machines. Does any one have a 5 hour energy machine and how are they doing for you? I think this is a great idea and havent seen them in any locations in my area. What are some of the best locations that you have placed them in. Any feedback would help!

The 5 hour machine fall into what is typically considered a biz-op. While not necessarily a scam the equipment is typically WAY overpriced when compared to its cost and the "marketing materials", training materials and locating help are of questionable value at best.

IMO not the best way to break into the vending business.

I have not seen one but you would think it would be a winner, You could even sell the dollar store generic 3 hour energies. If the size was right, would be a great re-use all those old small cigarette vendor machines that are extinct in our area. Put up some cool graphics and updates.

• 8 months later...

Bad at biz biz-op, at that. As in, they didn't bother to respond to the form I submitted online asking to check them out while I was still naive.

Then I had the epiphany that I can put them in snack coils...duh. (Duh me, not duh you). I got a 4 wide snack for $100.

The rest is present (I haven't been around vending long enough to say the rest is history).

Vend on...

James

do you guys sell these for $3 a piece? Seems like a fair price, I was just at the gas station and saw them for $2.99

What are good locations for them? I would think a machine shop would be a great choice.

• 1 year later...

I purchased three of them. The machines look and work great. I am having trouble getting them into companies that have coke contracts. They seem to be the places that would work. I'm having a hard time placing them.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like these would be great sellers in a vending machine in warehouses or places like that as an option, but  not sure if a solo energy drink machine would do that well. I know the energy shots are super popular, I've talked to people who work in gas stations about what sells and they say they do awesome. 

• 2 years later...

I'm new to the business as well and just bought one "energy shots 2go" machine which doesn't advertise a particular brand of drink so you can make a little higher profit margin with the lower cost off brands.  I also bought three 5 hour energy drink machines at a great price from someone who acquired about 30 of them in a warehouse auction (it does worry me though about the reason someone would have given them up by not paying their storage fees -maybe the went broke trying to sell the shots?? Ugh.).  I'm thinking about a nearby college campus/dorms for locations and maybe the army base/barracks.  It might be wishful thinking, I don't know if there are strict regulations or other difficulties getting in to these places and I'm sure I'd have to compete.  Any advice for a newbie on this?  I'll post later to update how the machines work out.

3 hours ago, Jayme777 said:

I'm new to the business as well and just bought one "energy shots 2go" machine which doesn't advertise a particular brand of drink so you can make a little higher profit margin with the lower cost off brands.  I also bought three 5 hour energy drink machines at a great price from someone who acquired about 30 of them in a warehouse auction (it does worry me though about the reason someone would have given them up by not paying their storage fees -maybe the went broke trying to sell the shots?? Ugh.).  I'm thinking about a nearby college campus/dorms for locations and maybe the army base/barracks.  It might be wishful thinking, I don't know if there are strict regulations or other difficulties getting in to these places and I'm sure I'd have to compete.  Any advice for a newbie on this?  I'll post later to update how the machines work out.

You will not get rich on energy drinks alone. Also, the location types you mentioned above bid exclusive vending contracts. Any vendor paying attention to his contract accounts would have your machine tossed before you got home. If this business was easy money everyone would do it.

Archived