My Oaks I bought on Vacation

JDVENDING

After some advice from you guys I went ahead and bought these Oaks. The guy had originally listed 4 oaks for $75 but when I went there I saw a spare blue one like the ones he had listed so I was able to talk to him into selling all 5 for $80. $16 per machine. I think I did all right for buying my first machines.

I took the four machines off that crappy, worn out stand and plan on buying some pole stands and making two double heads. One will be going into a barber shop and the other into a Tattoo shop. I'm going to tear them down, clean and probably paint them. There is some minor paint chipping on 2 of them

I figure i would spend a few hours in the garage last night just seeing how these work, how they come apart, how they go back together just so I know a little bit about them. Ran a whole bunch of quarters thru them and everything works very smooth. I might clean the mechanisms up just because.

Let me know how I did. Thanks again everybody for the advise on getting these.... Josh

post-4589-13403888724233_thumb.jpg

post-4589-13403889258062_thumb.jpg

After some advice from you guys I went ahead and bought these Oaks. The guy had originally listed 4 oaks for $75 but when I went there I saw a spare blue one like the ones he had listed so I was able to talk to him into selling all 5 for $80. $16 per machine. I think I did all right for buying my first machines.

I took the four machines off that crappy, worn out stand and plan on buying some pole stands and making two double heads. One will be going into a barber shop and the other into a Tattoo shop. I'm going to tear them down, clean and probably paint them. There is some minor paint chipping on 2 of them

I figure i would spend a few hours in the garage last night just seeing how these work, how they come apart, how they go back together just so I know a little bit about them. Ran a whole bunch of quarters thru them and everything works very smooth. I might clean the mechanisms up just because.

Let me know how I did. Thanks again everybody for the advise on getting these.... Josh

post-4589-13403888724233_thumb.jpg

post-4589-13403889258062_thumb.jpg

Looks good! great machines to get started with. Good luck JD

Could somebody help with a couple questions about the wheels I have?

In the first picture Im pretty sure it's a wheel for the candy I.E M&Ms, MI and anything else bulk. I have three off the candy wheels. The second picture I think is for gumballs? Can I use this wheel for the gumballs sold at Sam's club or do I need something else? And the third picture I think it's for 1 inch capsules. I think I don't want to dive into toys just yet so I would like to replace that one. Where can I buy wheels for the Oak Astros? I've looked at the Oak web site and everything they have listed is for the vistas. Do the vista and Astros use the same wheels? I know I can just call them but thought I would use the knowledge on here before I do anything. Maybe you guys can lead me in the right direction for replacement parts.

Thanks for your help and reassurance that I made a good purchase.

Josh

post-4589-13404046212969_thumb.jpgpost-4589-13404046468715_thumb.jpgpost-4589-13404046688897_thumb.jpg

First, Astro is just a re-badge of Oak. The machines are identical in every respect, save the re-badged chute doors. Ford Gum was the distributor I think. You are very correct on all points regarding the product wheels as well, however that last one may be easier than you think. Now, someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but can't a riser be inserted under the 1.1 cap wheel to make it into a 27mm product wheel again? I assume most risers are standardized by now.

But yes, if you happen to need replacement parts, Oak will have everything you need, or put a "Want to Buy" in the vending Advertisement section. A member here might just have what you need.

Man you guys are more help than you know! Us new guys would be clueless with our your support. Will vend , P.M sent.

So the wheel I have for gum will work with sams club gumballs, awesome. I'm going to get these cleaned up tonight, buy some stands I think from AA and get these machines out and get them to making me some money.

Man you guys are more help than you know! Us new guys would be clueless with our your support. Will vend , P.M sent.

So the wheel I have for gum will work with sams club gumballs, awesome. I'm going to get these cleaned up tonight, buy some stands I think from AA and get these machines out and get them to making me some money.

Try bouncy A&A's balls sometime too. I'll wager you'll like the results!

Same as the gumball wheel.

Say I used the gumball wheel to actually vend the gumballs from SAMs club, how many would I be vending? Now on the others hand I decide on The a&a balls which would be more profitable?

Say I used the gumball wheel to actually vend the gumballs from SAMs club, how many would I be vending? Now on the others hand I decide on The a&a balls which would be more profitable?

stick with gum and candy for now! You can always do bb's later.

Gum costs $0.02 per gumball on average (depending on your shipping factors) and bouncy balls average around $0.04 - $0.07 per ball, again depending on your mix and shipping. They reach a different market segment, and can get your gumball machines into places where gum might not be permitted. However, from a profit standpoint, Will is right, stick with gum to get the basics, and expand later if you want.

My Sams club sells the gumballs right at the store. No ordering needed. I was just interested in the comparison between BBs and gumballs. Im planning on sticking with gum and candy till I get the hang of things.

My Sams club sells the gumballs right at the store. No ordering needed. I was just interested in the comparison between BBs and gumballs. Im planning on sticking with gum and candy till I get the hang of things.

Good plan! Keep us posted!

Congrats on the Oaks I have a line on guy who has a around 100 of them for sale.

You have sparked my interest. What is he asking for them? Are you looking at buying them. I'm not looking at buying all 100, but a few would be nice.

You have sparked my interest. What is he asking for them? Are you looking at buying them. I'm not looking at buying all 100, but a few would be nice.

I Talked with him Today I have to work this weekend so plan on going up next week to check thiem out. Trust me there in the middle of Nowhere. Looking to get maybe a couple of 5 way racks smaller he was saying 30-40 each. I am thinking of 10-12 with racks or stands. Also has a few of the Tio pico doubles on wood stands. I will post what I find out

Archived