What should I offer

Nate9303

I found an ad on craigslist in my area for a "mint condition" Oak 300 Vista. It's three Oaks on one stand. The ad was asking $200. What should I offer? Also, is there anything I should know about the oak 300 vista?

It's a supported Oak triple. Oak is a good brand, but it is just a triple in the end. You can get a lot more bang for your buck elsewhere. If it were me, I'd pass on this one. However, if your heart is set on it, low-ball the guy $50-$75 and see how committed he is to getting that $200 when easy money comes his way. Negotiate up from there if you feel it's worth it. Good luck Nate!

It's a supported Oak triple. Oak is a good brand, but it is just a triple in the end. You can get a lot more bang for your buck elsewhere. If it were me, I'd pass on this one. However, if your heart is set on it, low-ball the guy $50-$75 and see how committed he is to getting that $200 when easy money comes his way. Negotiate up from there if you feel it's worth it. Good luck Nate!

Thanks Performa. I just offered him $50 for it. We'll see if he goes for it. I'm totally fine if he says no. I just got my last machine placed and my wife is enjoying having no machines in the house. My kids on the other hand wish they were still here (for some reason they always seem to be able to find a quarter). Even the 22 month old knows to come begging when daddy's filling up the machines.

Ya thats high retail you can get 300's for under 40 from oak mfg. brand new. 50 is a fair offer 75 if they are mint.

I was on chicago craigslist and the guy had 3 oak 450's new in box for 60 I emailed the guy and he wanted 60 each. I said oh why would I pay more than they are from oak and he never got back to me.

Archived