Help Compressor keeps tripping breaker

Hello i have a royal vendors RVCC600-9 and the unit keep tripping the breaker when i plug it in. What i wrong

First thing, you can unplug the compressor from the rest of the machine.

Unplug machine, follow the power cord into the machine until you get to a junction box. You should be able to unplug the compressor there. Plug machine back into wall. if it does not trip the breaker then plug the compressor back in. If the breaker trips again you have a dead short which means the compressor is DOA. If the breaker does trip without the compressor you've got a problem somewhere else, probably the light ballast/starter.

Before you replace the compresssor try plugging it into another breaker. It is uncommon for the compressor to trip a breaker before it pops it's overload. It could just be to much equipment on that one particular circuit.

• 3 weeks later...

I had something similar at a site. machine kept tripping the DB. Took the compressor out and back to my refrigeration guy. He couldnt find anything wrong. Turned out the circuit breaker was faulty in their DB board. They refused to replace it as it didnt give them any problems, only my machine. I might be wrong, but i think it might have been the wrong curve of breaker for the machine.

Called my electrician in and he did the repair. It is a big site, so was worth it.

Archived