Melted MM's don't sell so well...

VenDana

Hello, I'm in Phoenix and I'd like to hear some ideas about how to keep my chocolates from melting when it's 115 degrees this summer?

I have a cooler and plenty of water bottles I can freeze/refreeze. Is this the best method for starters?

I welcome all ideas- Thanks!

We live in SC and it's pretty hot here. I pack ice in the bottom of a huge cooler and throw the bags of candy on top. It's worked so far.

I read somewhere that you should spray Pam on your Mike and Ikes to keep them from sticking together. Seems a little gross but it seems to be working. No sticking!

The Pam is used very very lightly. Many just spray it on a wooden spoon, and use it to stir the candy up. I find it takes 3 or 4 sprays on the spoon, (spray stir, spray, stir) but I do it on 2 bags worth at once. If it affects the globe, your using too much.

I pour about 10 bags of M+I into a large bag. Spray the oversized bag for 1 seconds per bag you poured in (10 bags = 10 seconds) and then close the oversized bag and shake it so it all mixes together. This avoids spraying new candy when it is in a container because those pam marks on the plastic make it look very greasy. When I am servicing I also use the spoon trick. I spray a wooden spoon when I am in my car and then put it in a zip lock and add it to my service kit. If the location sees you spraying pam into your candy, you are all but guaranteed to get the boot or sales will suffer at the very least.

Well, I'm probably alone in this, but one 1oz block of dry ice in a plastic container in a large cooler will keep it cold pretty much all day long. Just leave the lid open for a bit before you stick your hand in there- it's COLD.

When I used to do only gumballs, and I went out locating, I had several cases worth of gumballs in my car. In the summer, Houston heat is intense. So I took my largest cooler, and took the bags of gumballs out of their boxes and tied the ends shut. Then put them in the cooler. I was able to fit about 5 cases worth of gumballs in that cooler when they were just in their bags. What I did was use those blue ice packs that people use for putting on sore muscles and packed them in around the bags of gum.

BIG MISTAKE!

What happens is the cold of the ice pack would sweat add cause the colorful candy coating of the gumballs to smear and run. It looked like a a kindergarten finger-painting exhibit. After that, I would put the blue ice packs in oven mittens. That way the cold didn't come in direct contact with the gum, yet still kept the temp down inside the cooler.

Archived